Cannot create requested inventory

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having various inventory issues as well, i am using Firestorm. Happens when trying to delete something, it just doesn't get deleted after it's rezzed, or when unpacking things, I get a pop up that says can't create the inventory. I also lost a few deliveries while shopping receiving same error. I was wondering why there isn't any post about this issue and if it was only me. 

• Like 1

This was sent out a few hours ago in a group I’m in: “LL are currently fighting fires with their asset server, which means that most things are broken in general. Rezzing, purchasing, editing scripts, all of these things are only to be attempted by trained zombie monkeys in hats, until LL give the all clear.”

I don’t think it means literal fires, but SLGridStatus certainly seems to be full of error warnings. It seems they found a bug that created more bugs. All we can do is wait. :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Birdie Ravenhurst said:

I am having various inventory issues as well, i am using Firestorm. Happens when trying to delete something, it just doesn't get deleted after it's rezzed, or when unpacking things, I get a pop up that says can't create the inventory. I also lost a few deliveries while shopping receiving same error. I was wondering why there isn't any post about this issue and if it was only me. 

Right. What caused the error for me was a notecard from Cosmopolitan.
Besides that, I remain a grey oval no matter where I try logging in. Outfits won't load and inventory keeps fetching forever.

asset nodes have been on aws way way longer than uplift was even a thing,  so what ever is happening, we will have to wait for LL to get it fixed,  be calm, be patient, it's not the end of the world, we've had worse,  some of us really old members can attest to this fact first hand, things will be okay, LL has never let us down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

People in Firestorm support are losing their minds right now. lol I figured something was up when I rezzed an item and got the inventory fault message. 

Well, also black dragon got the same issue so i suppose it's not just firestorm, let's just wait and see ^^

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps the Status website was updated awhile ago, but that's on Amazon too now. 🙀 😹

since aws is used by big big big big companies, it's auto fire before their NOC even gets the event,  so if anything goes afoot, it's there before even they know about it lol.   I've been using aws many many years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

since aws is used by big big big big companies, it's auto fire before their NOC even gets the event,  so if anything goes afoot, it's there before even they know about it lol.   I've been using aws many many years.

Darn, I was making excuses for why status is not updated with the issue.

35 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL has never let us down.

You are funny. Allow me the question who is causing the most of the technical issues we have to deal with? Don't get me wrong. Moving entire SL to third party servers is doubtless no kids play. But the technical problems we see are no bad fate or a punishment by the Gods because we sin too much in SL.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Haha 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Darn, I was making excuses for why status is not updated with the issue.

Now LL's side,  they use status.io  it's supposed to be tied into LL's NOC and is supposed to fire off automatically and send out notices to people,   we use it at work and that's how it works for us,   but LL must have another system behind this one.   but I've never heard how LL does their NOC,  I just have tid bits, I've heard at meetings and from a few lindens here and there. 

• Like 1

The Lab is aware, so hopefully it gets fixed in due time.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/q0rm976cfdgz

Investigating
We are aware of many Residents experiencing various issues in world which may include rezzing, appearing as a cloud, and scripts running slowly. We are currently investigating this issue. Please follow this blog for updates.
Posted 2 minutes ago. Jan 02, 2021 - 06:44 PST

From the Second Life Status page:

Investigating - We are aware of many Residents experiencing various issues in world which may include rezzing, appearing as a cloud, and scripts running slowly. We are currently investigating this issue. Please follow this blog for updates.
Jan 2, 06:44 PST

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.