SL buys L$ on its own? Glitch?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to buy gifts from marketplace worth about 8$. I tried refreshing the billing page since it kept getting stuck. Then suddenly inworld is started getting lindens 1k at a time until my balance was up to 21k. Then the items i tried to buy, came to my friend twice. SO now my bank account is empty and i have no clue what happened. Anybody else had this issue? kinda freaking out.

14 minutes ago, BladderedBAMF said:

I tried to buy gifts from marketplace worth about 8$. I tried refreshing the billing page since it kept getting stuck. Then suddenly inworld is started getting lindens 1k at a time until my balance was up to 21k. Then the items i tried to buy, came to my friend twice. SO now my bank account is empty and i have no clue what happened. Anybody else had this issue? kinda freaking out.

Did you check your account history on the dashboard to see where your linden's went.  Sounds like refreshing the page all the time might have resulted in you buying things repeatedly. 

secondlife.com - Account - L$ Transaction history.   Also check your marketplace account history to see if double/multiple purchases happened.   

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you check your account history on the dashboard to see where your linden's went.  Sounds like refreshing the page all the time might have resulted in you buying things repeatedly. 

secondlife.com - Account - L$ Transaction history.   Also check your marketplace account history to see if double/multiple purchases happened.   

latest purchase shown is from the 4th of this month. it doesnt show that ive bought lindens today. My MP does show the double purchase of the items, i sent LL the screenshots of both and messaged the MP sellers for possible refunds X.X

6 hours ago, BladderedBAMF said:

Side note for the future for anything involving money on any web page -- never do a refresh.  If something appears stuck or broke, wait a while, check all money/paypal/credit-card balances, and then if a transaction truly didn't happen retry from the very beginning.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Side note for the future for anything involving money on any web page -- never do a refresh.  If something appears stuck or broke, wait a while, check all money/paypal/credit-card balances, and then if a transaction truly didn't happen retry from the very beginning.

When the page got stuck on the loading, i clicked the "return" thing to go back to MP, emptied my cart and re-added everything and then tried to do the purchase. But it got stuck at loading again and then i gave up and logged on, and when i did money started flooding into my L$ balance and my bank account is almost empty. (i didnt buy lindens since the 4th)

It sounds like you may have been buying L$ through your viewer instead of going directly to the LindeX (through your dashboard at secondlife.com).  That can be problematic, especially if your Internet connection is wonky or you are in a busy region.  Transactions that are filtered through your viewer can be delayed by lag.  If you confound things by spam clicking, you can easily end up with extra purchases.  I suggest buying only directly through the LindeX.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2020 at 6:31 PM, Rolig Loon said:

It sounds like you may have been buying L$ through your viewer instead of going directly to the LindeX (through your dashboard at secondlife.com).  That can be problematic, especially if your Internet connection is wonky or you are in a busy region.  Transactions that are filtered through your viewer can be delayed by lag.  If you confound things by spam clicking, you can easily end up with extra purchases.  I suggest buying only directly through the LindeX.

Ive bought through both, very rarely through viewer though. Ive never had any issues where i had to click multiple times to buy and if it didnt work first time i usually gave up and tried again the next day or so. (This is kind of something I was always afraid of so i was careful ^^' "

• Like 2

Its now the 4th day since i sent the ticked, how long does it take to process?

Is there any other way to contact LL besides phone? ( cant afford that from my country)

I really need this solved since christmas is eating the last bits of money i have left and that money was meant for rent.

This reminds me of the time I was paying our AT&T bill one time online and kept hitting refresh because the site just kept doing that loading thing..

Well,  Like 762 dollars and some change later, I decided to check and see if the payment in my account had maybe gone through..

Wanna talk about coming out of my skin in freakout..

I right away got on the phone with my bank and they in turn got on the phone with AT&T and we did a three-way call  and got the matter corrected.. It took like 15 days to get the over payment back, but wow was I relieved..

I never mentioned to my husband about it for fear he would have never let me back online ever again..hehehehe

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BladderedBAMF said:

Is there any other way to contact LL besides phone? ( cant afford that from my country)

I really need this solved since christmas is eating the last bits of money i have left and that money was meant for rent.

It takes the time it takes.. but if you'r premium you can use live chat.
If you want to get 20k back i wouldn't worry about a call, use skype or some other service for your landline (we have several companies that use additional numbers to let you pay for a lot less)
Fastest... and if LL isn't to blame for the issue, they will point you at selling and process credit. ( of course against costs.. but with so many buys you will have lost a lot of buying fees already, serious doubt they pay those back too.

6 hours ago, BladderedBAMF said:

As Alwin mentioned, you can use Live Chat if you are Premium:  
Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 9am to 5 pm EST (6am to 2pm PST) every day.

Or, if the issue is not cleared up by Monday, you can call Billing:
  Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.