Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Share something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, or experience the world. Help distribute a little more positive future with a curated video or other content, one item per post please.  What's getting you excited?

 

😹

 

 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
what is time, anyway?
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was pretty interesting..

To be honest, I can't recall ever hearing about this before, that it may be possible that we are flying through a super nova that took place anywhere from thousands of years ago, to a couple of million years ago..

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you did say "...something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, at or experience the world."  Scripters deal with rotations every time we have to open a door or make a vehicle change direction, and this one concept is a key to understanding how they work... 

OK, so it's wee bit wonky .... 🤓

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, you did say "...something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, at or experience the world."  Scripters deal with rotations every time we have to open a door or make a vehicle change direction, and this one concept is a key to understanding how they work... 

OK, so it's wee bit wonky .... 🤓

Tune in tomorrow and find out how to multiply quaternions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I started years ago almost scoffing the idea of building an ambitious spacecraft out under the open sky like a shipyard when they started and the first prototypes weren't much to look at. Now it's starting to really feel like these guys are determined to make civilization on Earth the interplanetary space-faring kind, how about that. It makes me wonder what other dreams might suddenly come to fruition?

 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it just amazes me when we send something out into space and get close to these amazing planets..

I was just watching this on Cassini's final images.. Seeing  such a clear image of the storm on Jupiter and then Saturns rings and moons and clouds and just everything..

I had to share it..

Something from here ended up there.. To me that's amazing still..

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

it just amazes me when we send something out into space and get close to these amazing planets..

I was just watching this on Cassini's final images.. Seeing  such a clear image of the storm on Jupiter and then Saturns rings and moons and clouds and just everything..

I had to share it..

Something from here ended up there.. To me that's amazing still..

 

Just remember that a lot of the most spectacular images of the reentry shown in this video are not real, but an artist's concept animation

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Just remember that a lot of the most spectacular images of the reentry shown in this video are not real, but an artist's concept animation

Yea, they stopped taking images to be able to collect as much data as they could while it entered..Some that were really amazing were taken by Cassini, not all but some..

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...