PSA videos and other excitement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Not interested in a colon cleanse?

I got one of those last year for my colonoscopy. I swear, they should give you a seat belt along with that jar of colon prep powder.

The day of the procedure, as the nurse was giving me my anesthesia, she mentioned that one loopy patient proposed to her upon coming out of it. She was gorgeous, so I wasted no time and proposed before going under.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's snake oil salesman Klee Irwin's "Quantum Woo", Kytteh.

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not interested in a colon cleanse?

Neither of these posts are in authentic keeping with the progressive spirit of this thread. These kinds of disparaging statements are an example of mankind's worst misbehaviors because they alter the neurology of those who listen in ways that wall off individuals and sometimes even entire societies inside garish echo chambers and halls of mirrors where the only memes they believe are the ones that match the echos of someone's imperious voice (and nobody's quite sure whose voice that is, but nevermind that).

Please keep things on topic and in keeping with its spirit.

image.thumb.png.4a6777e3b6ea004a7a956f5d5809a94d.png

Edited by Chroma Starlight

Really?  But, but..isn't that what you've been doing in the vaccination thread and the recently closed Covid thread?  But it's not ok in 'your' thread?

5 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

the only memes they believe are the ones that match the echos of someone's imperious voice

Edited by Rowan Amore

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Really?  But, but..isn't that what you've been doing in the vaccination thread and the recently closed Covid thread?  But it's not ok in 'your' thread?

I will only dignify this comment so much as to point out that at no point was my purpose empty disparagement, thought stoppage, nor the quenching of incitement to realization. And so for these reasons, the previous examples you cite from the COVID threads are in fact quite the opposite of the disparaging examples above, at least in spirit.

spellung

2 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Neither of these posts are in authentic keeping with the progressive spirit of this thread. These kinds of disparaging statements are an example of mankind's worst misbehaviors because they alter the neurology of those who listen in ways that wall off individuals and sometimes even entire societies inside garish echo chambers and halls of mirrors where the only memes they believe are the ones that match the echos of someone's imperious voice (and nobody's quite sure whose voice that is, but nevermind that).

Please keep things on topic and in keeping with its spirit.

The spread of misinformation is regressive, not progressive.

If the spirit of this thread is self contradiction, I'm free to take your proscription as prescription.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The spread of misinformation is regressive, not progressive.

Totally agree - that video was quantum woo  -- we should not pretend something is scientifically proven when it is not. However theorizing about the nature of reality does not have to be considered scientific woo as we can see in the following video.

Presented by B Alan Wallace, a physicist who is also a Buddhist scholar, he cites the work of reputable physicists who are theorizing connections between Buddhism and quantum physics.

I love theoretical physics and studies of consciousness when applied to cosmology:

Edited by Luna Bliss

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I agree that science is not the only way to apprehend reality, but there is also a problem when we say something is scientific when it is not.

Nobody credible disagrees with that and indeed at no point did I ever write that we should resort to magical thinking when it comes to the pandemic plan.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/NSTC/towards_epidemic_prediction-federal_efforts_and_opportunities.pdf

image.thumb.png.c9d901c1bd658d20d42ad7e5d33ac40c.png

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Nobody credible disagrees with that and indeed at no point did I ever write that we should resort to magical thinking when it comes to the pandemic plan.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/NSTC/towards_epidemic_prediction-federal_efforts_and_opportunities.pdf

At no point did I write anything related to a pandemic plan nor did I accuse you of magical thinking.

What they NEVER said:
image.thumb.png.b56a37d7f9a156211a08c199c0d40cf6.png

and so please TEST QUARANTINE CONTAIN

If only so that we are not duty bound by the implicit oaths of our citizenships to overthrow the hard right military-industrial-oligarchy-theocracy occupied US Federal government.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident: we need a TESTING, QUARANTINING, and CONTAINMENT program, not a new business model shoved down our throats by Trump and Blair. They have no such right. We refuse. They have no such right. We refuse. They have no such right. We refuse. Even if this one isn't targeted genocide today, what about in four years when they "elect" Hitler III, assuming that they don't just Manchurian Candidate Biden the rest of the way over to Trumpism. You can see he barely contains it as-is on many issues of substance.

The general lack of containment means that a hypothetical extremist organization such as an ancient cult of misogyny and extracted human value were to need the smoke and haze and darkness and confusion and chaos and anarchy of war in which to selectively target all sorts of groups they've been meaning to finish exterminating for decades, well now then. You just gave them an open door, and then loudly mentioned in front of them that the watchmen are taking the decade off, and the security cameras are down for the count, and wouldn't it be a shame if someone went ahead and finished the genocides they started while the opportunity knocks.

We all depend upon our governments to do their jobs  to the utmost to protect us all from this while they still figure out exactly where to vector the metaphorical strategic nukes (deproliferate NOW) to wipe this stain off the face of the Earth forever, once and for all time while there is still anything left to save and conserve at all. It's the only way to end the curse.

🐍🐍🐍

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Totally agree - that video was quantum woo  -- we should not pretend something is scientifically proven when it is not. However theorizing about the nature of reality does not have to be considered scientific woo as we can see in the following video.

Presented by B Alan Wallace, a physicist who is also a Buddhist scholar, he cites the work of reputable physicists who are theorizing connections between Buddhism and quantum physics.

I love theoretical physics and studies of consciousness when applied to cosmology:

You might enjoy this book, Luna...

https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Lotus-Journey-Frontiers-Buddhism/dp/1400080797

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

At no point did I write anything related to a pandemic plan nor did I accuse you of magical thinking.

Luna is correct.

21 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Please keep things on topic

You first.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's snake oil salesman Klee Irwin's "Quantum Woo", Kytteh.

You are wrong. I read the quantum woo and that has nothing to do with the 4th dimension. The 4th dimension is time, as Albert Einstein had discovered and predicted it to be. It is also mathematical . Had you done your research, you would know the theory is valid and real. Quantum woo is about "law of attraction" and "crystal healing". The demonstration of a crystal vase was to help you understand the dimensions of a crystal itself, to put it in layman's terms. This film I linked to is not related to that man's channel. There are countless videos, about the fourth dimension. Outside of videos, there are countless scientific journals talking about it. Try to do further research instead of skimming and not paying attention to what it is that you watch. Then you won't feel silly for stating it is a false claim. That man had also produced products that killed a person. The 4th dimension theory hurts no one. It is very easy to understand this theory, you just have to focus and pay attention. I'll allow you to search the web about it, instead of linking to numerous, legit sources.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

You are wrong...

...This film I linked to is not related to that man's channel.

That man I mentioned is Klee Irwin. He's the "Research Director" of "Quantum Gravity Research". They have a presence on YouTube. Here's their channel page...

1716170321_ScreenShot2021-06-26at9_50_23AM.thumb.png.70a3d6900382a9a7155849f953ad3f51.png

Notice that the film you linked is their flagship production. I think that qualifies as "related". See all the merchandise for sale? Once a pitchman, always a pitchman.

6 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I read the quantum woo and that has nothing to do with the 4th dimension.

If you Google "quantum woo", you'll get the synopsis of the definition of the term from Rational Wiki. Here it is...
Quantum woo is the justification of irrational beliefs by an obfuscatory reference to quantum physics. Buzzwords like "energy field", "probability wave", or "wave-particle duality" are used to magically turn thoughts into something tangible in order to directly affect the universe.

The video you linked falls within the definition of Quantum Woo.

6 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

The demonstration of a crystal vase was to help you understand the dimensions of a crystal itself, to put it in layman's terms.

Klee Irwin depends on laymen to fund his enterprise because the science community will have nothing to do with him. It's easier to put misinformation in layman's terms than to do so with reality because for the former, all you must understand is how to persuade laymen. For the later, you must also understand reality. Science has an admittedly difficult time doing both, but it does try both.

7 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Try to do further research instead of skimming and not paying attention to what it is that you watch. Then you won't feel silly for stating it is a false claim.

"Further research" is, much to the annoyance of everyone around me, my favorite pastime. Doing it is what keeps me from feeling silly about making false claims. I have my hands full feeling silly about the true ones.

7 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

That man had also produced products that killed a person. The 4th dimension theory hurts no one.

Again, "that man" produced the cleverly disguised infomercial you linked. He also produced this more obvious one...

Here's a quote from Irwin's LinkedIn page...

As the Director of QGR, Klee manages a dedicated team of mathematicians and physicists developing emergence theory. Since 2009, the team has published numerous papers and journal articles laying out some of the mathematical building blocks and axiomatic ideas for this unification model.

I red-flagged a claim that smells very much like religion, and not much like science.

ax·i·o·mat·ic
adjective
  1. self-evident or unquestionable.

When someone claims to seek or have the unquestionable truth, my first inclination is to question it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

How did this positive thread become so negative? Negative people with a mission to ruin the positivity of this thread, please be positive! Share how you view the world, with positivity!

I'm feelin' all quantumy now. I think some spooky action is goin' on.

• Like 1

Is reality a game of quantum mirrors? A new theory suggests it might be
by Peter Evans, June 28 2021
phys.org

(According) to the relational interpretation, the state of any system is always in relation to some other system. So the quantum process in the box might have an indefinite outcome in relation to us, but have a definite outcome for the cat.

So it is perfectly reasonable for the cat to be neither dead nor alive for us, and at the same time to be definitely dead or alive itself. One fact of the matter is real for us, and one fact of the matter is real for the cat. When we open the box, the state of the cat becomes definite for us, but the cat was never in an indefinite state for itself.

In the relational interpretation there is no global, "God's eye" view of reality.

As Rovelli puts it: "We are nothing but images of images. Reality, including ourselves, is nothing but a thin and fragile veil, beyond which … there is nothing."

(from https://phys.org/news/2021-06-reality-game-quantum-mirrors-theory.html )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.