iPhone technology

LittleSizzle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, LittleSizzle said:

Anyone know if there is going to be a place to access SL on IPhones 

It is considered bad forum etiquette to post the same thread in multiple places -- though this location is at least better than your previous choice (and this title makes more sense too)

My reply in that thread:  Next year at the earliest - per this post from Kiera last month - though initially none of the phone versions will have graphics:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is considered bad forum etiquette to post the same thread in multiple places -- though this location is at least better than your previous choice (and this title makes more sense too)

My reply in that thread:  Next year at the earliest - per this post from Kiera last month - though initially none of the phone versions will have graphics:

Pfft graphical version. ETA 2040. If SL had an officially supported graphical viewer that could even upload images and models you might create on your tablet, create and place objects, way to setup HUD’s to work with touch, with a half decent intuitive touch screen control setup, voice etc....could...be a game changer for how SL is accessed.

But, LL take about four decades and a furlong to get anything done, if at all (global experience keys anyone?). So, don’t put your hopes on it happening 😅

• Like 3

LL should make a mobile viewer to look at your avatar and other people's avatars. There are mobile apps called hero collectors where you have detailed avatars but very simple game graphics. I think an SL app for just avatar customization and viewing along with a chat function would work with the limited processing power and graphics of a mobile device. The SL app could also encourage people to take their avatars into the full SL world using a computer. It could even link up to the marketplace. 

Apple will eventually cut off OpenGL (the graphics core of the LL viewer) in its Mac product line, while coalescing ALL of its hardware around its own silicon. If LL doesn't want to lose the growing fraction of its customer base that uses Apple gear, it will find a way to support Mac hardware and eventually iPhones and iPads. We're not there yet, but it will come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

If you had an android you could. for you can use lumiya on android phones, its old and not been updated for two years but still works and has limited graphics and even rlv support.

Thats why my old Huawei P smart cellphone (with lumiya installed) has to last until there is a new mobile viewer.

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Thats why my old Huawei P smart cellphone (with lumiya installed) has to last until there is a new mobile viewer.

You can transfer the Lumiya apk from your Huawei cell to a new android cell without much trouble. I recently had to again for my new LG G8x. The 6 GB of ram on the phone makes the 3d scene load quite quickly. 

The screen of most phones can be cast in different ways to larger screens, negating the problem of the small screen factor.

Not a great screenshot but shows what Lumiya is capable of at least.

Screenshot_20201008-074325.png

Edited by Arielle Popstar
added screenshot
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.