There was a problem charging my payment method.

autonug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone, Sorry if this is wrong place to post this I couldn't find where to put this. I want to open my store on MP and need payment info used for that. For some reason " There was a problem charging your payment method." is popping up. Any idea what I can do.

some info that might be helpful : -

• I am using paypal for it. 
  • I am from india.
  • I don't have Tilia filed up successfully. ( but I think that's needed only for cashing out )

Any suggestion to make payment happen or open MP store without payment info will be helpful.

Thank you a lot for reading  :) 

Capture.JPG

15 answers to this question

8 hours ago, amitmondal247 said:

There was a problem charging your payment method

This is usually due to:

• An expired card
  • A balance on your card that exceeds your credit limit
  • Using a card belonging to someone else
  • Using a prepaid or debit card. LL only accepts major credit cards. Even if your debit card worked in the past, it may be rejected.
  • If using PayPal or Skrill, not having a "verified" account, one backed up by a bank account.
  • PayPal or Skrill declining payment due to scam protection. Fix this by specifically authorizing payments to Linden Research.

Try calling LL's Billing hotline, 800-294-1067 during West Coast business hours.

In order to use PayPal as a billing option you must get your PayPal account verified with your bank - that's because LL need to be able to bill via PayPal and get their money.

The above article details using PayPal as a payment option.

Getting your PayPal account verified typically takes between 2 and 3 business days.

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue now, same message. I'm using a Mastercard and my paypal is verified with the bank. The only thing that changed was that we got new cards. I'm really not sure of that has something to do with it though... Did it get fixed for you?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it fixed. Was a paypal setting that was not checked for some reason.

Edited by Shayenne Karu
problem got fixed

On 7/10/2020 at 1:37 AM, Shayenne Karu said:

I have the same issue now, same message. I'm using a Mastercard and my paypal is verified with the bank. The only thing that changed was that we got new cards. I'm really not sure of that has something to do with it though... Did it get fixed for you?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it fixed. Was a paypal setting that was not checked for some reason.

I am having the same problem.  My PP has CC & Bank linked, but I always get "There was a problem charging your payment method.".  What was the PP setting that you found was not checked?

41 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Another thing is, I believe the minimum purchase on the Lindex is US$5.00, and you're trying to purchase only US$2.51.

US$2.50 is the minimum purchase.

ETA: And yes that is including the US$1.49 transaction charge. Double checked this by going to the Buy L$ page, plugging in a single dollar in the Instant Buy, then adding a single L$ to the converted amount (242 to the dollar at the time, 243 being exactly US$2.50 with the added fee).

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xeraphon said:

I am having the same problem.  My PP has CC & Bank linked, but I always get "There was a problem charging your payment method.".  What was the PP setting that you found was not checked?

"just" linked isn't enough, it has to be verified( thats a paypal process you have to request)

1 hour ago, CPAmeeGraceCaelum said:

I'm having the same issue and I've used my paypal for sl before, but for some reason it doesn't want to today?

You're on a brand new account. Have you registered that PayPal account as a payment method in this account as well as your old one?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.