help me locate mesh head under $75L

Meredith8888

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying very hard to make an avi for less than $75L...  I thought it looked pretty good. 

But then...  My friend started making fun of my classic head.  I'm using the ecurvy body which i'm content with.  I wish to stick with the ecurvy body because I've been working very hard and getting clothing items to fit it.  I don't want to start all over again.  I'm happy with the body.

But I've been having issues finding a decent (not great or fantastic) head for less than $75L.  Can anyone recommend a mesh head that is less than $75L?  It does NOT have to be bento...  A static head is totally fine.  

If you find something on MP can you give me the actual link?  ty

Please...  I'm looking for specific advise on mesh heads under $75L.  Please do not say 'look on MP' period.

Edited by Meredith8888

9 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

I'm trying very hard to make an avi for less than $75L...  I thought it looked pretty good. 

But then...  My friend started making fun of my classic head.  I'm using the ecurvy body which i'm content with.  I wish to stick with the ecurvy body because I've been working very hard and getting clothing items to fit it.  I don't want to start all over again.  I'm happy with the body.

But I've been having issues finding a decent (not great or fantastic) head for less than $75L.  Can anyone recommend a mesh head that is less than $75L?  It does NOT have to be bento...  A static head is totally fine.  

Please...  I'm looking for specific advise on mesh heads under $75L.  Please do not say 'look on MP' period.

Finding someone with only $75L head content is easy ... a $75L mesh head ... hmm, wasn't there even mesh base heads without bento? Maybe somewhere as a group gift where the mesh bodies and mesh bento heads are made and sold ... as an idea.

59 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

Have you considered just getting a different friend?

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Sahara has 3 BoM Bento heads on the marketplace for L$29 each https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/186418 i've not seen them before though me and an alt have versions of the Maitreya compatible body which for reasons i don't know is longer available

Thank you!  totally going to try one of the ones u found.  smile

Visit Absolut Creation, they have a L$1 non-Bento, Omega ready(*) head for group members (membership is L$10), it's really the pre-Bento version of their Bento head, which would cost L$825 if I recall correctly.
Here's a pic of me wearing that head, taken in 2017 when I had just started to adjust the face a bit. 

image.png.e96faab12aeb76c6b4356d12af8127b1.png

(*)To enable Omega, you will need the installer, which will you cost more than L$75. But with Omega enabled you can use an applier to enable BoM so perhaps consider saving up for that and get it in due time.

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Have you considered just getting a different friend?

What she said. ☝️

If you like your classic head as it is, then stay with it. You should only switch to a mesh head on your own terms, not when someone thinks you should.

Edited by Gregorian Chant
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

Thank you!  totally going to try one of the ones u found.  smile

read the description very carefully... think i see the next question comming after you bought it "can't add make up..."  ..

And think also you have to think about; do i look better with such thing covering my standard head .. because in my opinion.. it doesnt and is a waste of your 29L$

• Like 1

thank you everyone for your ideas...  I'm still searching around.  The genus lab has several heads for a $100L group fee.  Its a good deal.  But, I'm a firm believer that adding pixie ears to the classic head makes a huge difference in my opinion.  This is why making an avi under $75L is a challenge i guess.  I may change a couple classic heads to see if i find one i like best.  thanks again everyone for your help.

Well, I bought one to try it out, and yeah, this is worth L$29, or more.  The default shape out of the box was rather ugly but I managed to make her look quite pretty.

Modelled here with one of Pink Fuel's classic skins and makeup which are L$150 in the mainstore (big pack of makeup is included with the skin). So here, you get a mesh head with skin and a range of makeups for less than L$200.

sahara_001.jpg.9054d99bf91d101aa1aa7e0db1c3d065.jpg

sahara_002.jpg.0378d0ec550b291de993b67c1b070509.jpg

Tried it out with the Catwa head animator; it doesn't work as it should but there is a very slight movement of the lips with it.

No lashes included and I don't actually own any separate ones so I couldn't try the head with them.

Only flaw is the ears which are too low down, you can't hide them and they don't respond to sliders (so no pointy elf ears on this head)

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Well, I bought one to try it out, and yeah, this is worth L$29, or more.  The default shape out of the box was rather ugly but I managed to make her look quite pretty.

Modelled here with one of Pink Fuel's classic skins and makeup which are L$150 in the mainstore (big pack of makeup is included with the skin). So here, you get a mesh head with skin and a range of makeups for less than L$200.

sahara_001.jpg.9054d99bf91d101aa1aa7e0db1c3d065.jpg

sahara_002.jpg.0378d0ec550b291de993b67c1b070509.jpg

Tried it out with the Catwa head animator; it doesn't work as it should but there is a very slight movement of the lips with it.

No lashes included and I don't actually own any separate ones so I couldn't try the head with them.

wow...  very nice looking.  i will for sure get it...  can u tell me which head u actually ended up with?

3 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

wow...  very nice looking.  i will for sure get it...  can u tell me which head u actually ended up with?

Yes, it was this one - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sahara-Bento-BoM-Mesh-Head-ruth/18688400

The shape is full-perm so I'll send you the one I modified to get that look, you can use it as-is or as a starting point to make your own look.

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Yes, it was this one - https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sahara-Bento-BoM-Mesh-Head-ruth/18688400

The shape is full-perm so I'll send you the one I modified to get that look, you can use it as-is or as a starting point to make your own look.

Matty...  so sweet of you...  I wanted to post some pics here so you can see what I look like as of now.  I'm also sending you a link to my flicker so you can see updates on clothing items basically free for this avi challenge.  ty again..  it was a surprise and very sweet of you to purchase an item for me.  hugs.

notes...  this is the SAHARA head $30L, a free LAQ BOM skin group gift, bathing suit, hair, necklace and shoes all free.  Money spent so far...  $30L.  The ecurvy body was $1L but that amount did get refunded after purchase from EBODY store inworld.  BOM LAQ skin does work on classic head.

m4_006.png

m4_007.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

Matty...  so sweet of you...  I wanted to post some pics here so you can see what I look like as of now.  I'm also sending you a link to my flicker so you can see updates on clothing items basically free for this avi challenge.  ty again..  it was a surprise and very sweet of you to purchase an item for me.  hugs.

notes...  this is the SAHARA head $30L, a free LAQ BOM skin group gift, bathing suit, hair, necklace and shoes all free.  Money spent so far...  $30L.  The ecurvy body was $1L but that amount did get refunded after purchase from EBODY store inworld.  BOM LAQ skin does work on classic head.

m4_006.png

m4_007.png

Looking great so far!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

@Meredith8888 @Matty Luminos great job with the heads they don't look too shabby. only discovered them today, the alt using the body has the very basic head that was available at the inworld store think I might be generous enough to spend L$29 getting it something a bit better to try out. 

The LAQ skin is nice also coming with all tones included free.  smile

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You will have to show me that. I am currently at the Genus store, but see no group gifts or discounted items.

hello Fritigern...  I would not mind showing you.  But right now I'm on a project.  Its on the group gift wall downstairs.

10 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

hello Fritigern...  I would not mind showing you.  But right now I'm on a project.  Its on the group gift wall downstairs.

There is a single group gift, which is a skin. The store is at ground level, so there is no "downstairs". I actually think you are not thinking of Genus but of some other store.
image.thumb.png.03946574f149e884f45746916ef65df4.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.