It's normal to request personal informations in Support Contact?

Cleomes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

It may well have changed. I just had to contact Support this evening (UK time) about an issue I was having, and was dealt with by a couple of Linden people directly. 

Same here, on the two occasions in the last 12 months, I have only ever dealt with actual Lindens (with Linden names inworld).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Last I heard, customer service is provided by a third party. Last I knew it was a company called StarTek. So not Lindens. Poorly paid subcontractors, if StarTek is still operating as they used to.

The front line used to be the Scouts, but I haven't had any interaction with a Scout in ages. All my more recent support requests have been handled by Lindens, and I have to say they are doing a great job with it.  

I'm not sure when they stopped using the Scouts, but tbh I'm glad they did. The poor Scouts seemed to have limited actions they could take, and they seemed to work with scripts. The conversations usually ended with them telling me to file a ticket, which made the conversation itself a bit of a waste of time. 😂

• Like 3

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, I'm in the USA, and I think that Matty is not, so who knows. When's the last time you encountered the third party CSRs?

Right, Matty and Marigold both are UK. You and I are USA. I used to work for StarTek, in a different city for a different company, but know they were also doing the CSR work for LL at the time. This was many years ago though, five or more years. I know I had dealings with LL CSRs within the last year, but honestly it was so quickly done I don't recall what, if any, security questions there were and what the person's name was (Linden?).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Right, Matty and Marigold both are UK. You and I are USA. I used to work for StarTek, in a different city for a different company, but know they were also doing the CSR work for LL at the time. This was many years ago though, five or more years. I know I had dealings with LL CSRs within the last year, but honestly it was so quickly done I don't recall what, if any, security questions there were and what the person's name was (Linden?).

Yep, you'd be dealing with someone named Linden now. The StarTek CSR's used the last name of Scout. I can't find any connection between StarTek and LL now through some quick Googling, so between that and what we've observed ourselves, I think it's safe to say the connection was ended at least a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't recall ever having set up any security questions. All of my accounts were created from 2004 to 2009. What should I do?

I don't think they used security questions back in the olden early days.  None of my 2007 & 2008 accounts have them.  After those accounts, I didn't create any new until 2017 and I do have security question/answer recorded for them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

My point precisely.

And just had one of my friends email me regarding LL. She lodged a ticket to fix her security questions and got asked a question --- twice. I just sent an email to my friend quoting Kristian Linden's comment ("If you do not have a security question, or would like to change one, you can contact Support by submitting a case and we'll be more than happy to work with you to update that information.") and hoping that will help my friend.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.