What are you listening to?

2 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

Long time ago I used to visit a place in my home town. The Jazzbunker. A lot of avant garde jazz and free jazz there.

The ICP  ( Instant composer pool) The drummer is Han Bennink, famous jazzdrummer. The pianist is Misha Mengelberg who died 10 years ago

Watching things can help, over just listening to it on CD or Vinyl but sometimes I think you need to see and experience avante garde jazz performed live to really appreciate it. I know when I have seen avant garde jazz live my attention has been maintained much longer than it would have otherwise.

Even then I prefer it in moderation. With Song X Pat Metheny I think keeps Ornette Coleman from going too wild.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Watching things can help, over just listening to it on CD or Vinyl but sometimes I think you need to see and experience avante garde jazz performed live to really appreciate it. I know when I have seen avant garde jazz live my attention has been maintained much longer than it would have otherwise.

Even then I prefer it in moderation. With Song X Pat Metheny I think keeps Ornette Coleman from going too wild.

Very recent. Two weeks ago

• Like 2