What are you listening to?

19 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

The forums can't embed this (yet). This is Suno.com, it is AI generated music and you can generate your own just by telling what it should be. Have a listen. I'm... In love with this AI(!) song...

https://suno.com/song/a5e2198a-f352-4abb-9a24-7f81b143ded3

Interesting all those genres and mixes of them kind of blow my mind. I never knew Roots Reggae Prog Avant-Garde was a thing before.... but I don't think musicians need to worry about Ai taking their jobs yet.

Just now, Aethelwine said:

Interesting all those genres and mixes of them kind of blow my mind. I never knew Roots Reggae Prog Avant-Garde was a thing before.... but I don't think musicians need to worry about Ai taking their jobs yet.

You should create an account. I have one. It's honestly amazing what this Suno AI can do. You tell it to generate a song about something and in what style, and it does it. - I think they do have to worry. ;) 

7 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

You should create an account. I have one. It's honestly amazing what this Suno AI can do. You tell it to generate a song about something and in what style, and it does it. - I think they do have to worry. ;) 

I did create an account I was impressed by the World music and dance categories, and it was fun mixing things up to hear what it would make of them. But when I actually picked mixes of genres I am more familiar with I was much less impressed, what it created was soulless and oddly had distortion on like it was copying and reproducing bad recording.

Edited by Aethelwine

Mrs Mills takes me back to when I was a child.

The first record player given to me was a hand me down, a suit-cased turntable thing with a handle so "portable". Along with it came some awful records. The few I liked were a couple of Beatles singles, the theme tune to the Sting Ray TV show, the Dave Clarke Five - Bit and Pieces. It included a Mrs Mills album which was notable for its cover, maybe one of her Party Time Albums - possibly one of the most uncool album covers ever. But in retrospect with a charm, a snapshot of a time many won't remember lol. 

Britain had the swinging sixties The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who,  the Kinks, Jeff Beck and Mrs Mills. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

this song has kinda become an anthem for Isle of Man TT. The people who do the TT are pretty insane

i read a comment on one of these vids:  My  250cc listened to this and now thinks is a 1000cc.  kehehe 😹