How often do you read this forum and why?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Twice a day usually, pop in randomly every so often just to check on some topics. I keep an eye out on the general tech and viewer subforums, as well as the equivalent answers subforums for any sort of tech questions i can give my input on as someone pretty well versed in computer techy stuff.

I also jump into the adult content threads every so often as a degenerate. And then i check the general secondlife discussion subforum for anything interesting to toss a reply at.

Just part of the website cycle, one of many forums and websites.

• Like 1

I've been mostly a lurker of these forums on Lyrical since 2017. Longer on my old account. I'm an avid reader and love to learn about many different things so these forums are great for that. 

Since joining the forums, I've commented when the mood and subject matter move me. Normally I'm very shy with debilitating social anxiety. Last summer I tried to begin commenting to perhaps make some friends here. I commented mainly in the Bellisseria section since my family has a house there. I also took a liking to the word games, but my goofy habit of making the weirdest sentences possible seemed to annoy some so I stopped. Neither friendship or community really worked out so I'm back in my safe shell for the most part where I'm most comfortable. I'm back to lurking again unless a topic moves me. Which suits me well. :D

Forums are a wonderful source of information. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, LyricalBookworm said:

I've been mostly a lurker of these forums on Lyrical since 2017. Longer on my old account. I'm an avid reader and love to learn about many different things so these forums are great for that. 

Since joining the forums, I've commented when the mood and subject matter move me. Normally I'm very shy with debilitating social anxiety. Last summer I tried to begin commenting to perhaps make some friends here. I commented mainly in the Bellisseria section since my family has a house there. I also took a liking to the word games, but my goofy habit of making the weirdest sentences possible seemed to annoy some so I stopped. Neither friendship or community really worked out so I'm back in my safe shell for the most part where I'm most comfortable. I'm back to lurking again unless a topic moves me. Which suits me well. :D

Forums are a wonderful source of information. 

It takes me a looooooooong time to even distinguish between posters. It’s like everything is fuzzy, then gradually a few personalities come into focus. Signatures help a little. Also if someone clicks reactions to my posts, for good or ill, I begin to feel like they are hearing me, so I start paying more attention to their posts. 

After a while I just think of some as friends😀

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There are many ways for someone to move from acquaintance to friend. Offering book recommendations is one of them.

Well, I think that's one of them.

I can't be sure of anything since reading "Thinking Fast and Slow".

;-).

♥️As should everyone! Should be required reading for all high school students. Will rock your world. 

“Thinking, Fast and Slow is a best-selling[1] book published in 2011 by Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences laureate Daniel Kahneman. It was the 2012 winner of the National Academies Communication Award for best creative work that helps the public understanding of topics in behavioral science, engineering and medicine.[2]

The book summarizes research that Kahneman conducted over decades, often in collaboration with Amos Tversky.[3][4] It covers all three phases of his career: his early days working on cognitive biases, his work on prospect theory, and his later work on happiness.[not verified in body]

The central thesis is a dichotomy between two modes of thought: "System 1" is fast, instinctive and emotional; "System 2" is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. The book delineates cognitive biases associated with each type of thinking, starting with Kahneman's own research on loss aversion. From framing choices to people's tendency to replace a difficult question with one which is easy to answer, the book highlights several decades of academic research to suggest that people place too much confidence in human judgement.”

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

It takes me a looooooooong time to even distinguish between posters. It’s like everything is fuzzy, then gradually a few personalities come into focus. Signatures help a little. Also if someone clicks reactions to my posts, for good or ill, I begin to feel like they are hearing me, so I start paying more attention to their posts. 

After a while I just think of some as friends😀

There ^^ !  I keep getting a few people mixed up, mostly people who don't post quite as frequently as the rest, so I tend to avoid responding to some really pithy posts .  I'm a little afraid that I might be replying to the wrong person, or may have misinterpreted their personality.  I'm aware that I may have the same effect on some people too, since I can feel myself adopting a slightly different persona in different ends of these forums -- even sometimes in a single thread. Consistency is a hobgoblin.

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:
2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There are many ways for someone to move from acquaintance to friend. Offering book recommendations is one of them.

Well, I think that's one of them.

I can't be sure of anything since reading "Thinking Fast and Slow".

;-).

♥️As should everyone! Should be required reading for all high school students. Will rock your world. 

I agree.  I read it when it first came out and found it very thought-provoking.  An excellent book, especially relevant in these contentious times.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 5:38 AM, Marigold Devin said:

While I miss the serious derailment threads, I don't miss the flaming. I swear that set off my ulcer! 

Today I am dipping in and out of these forums because I just am procrastinating generally, not wanting to look properly at my budget sheets. It is Sunday, and I just want to chill and be part of something while not having to leave my lovely warm flat. 

Yours is one name I always enjoyed reading.  I am glad you are posting once again. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.