What new region names would you like to see in Bellisseria?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just for fun! (you never know though,  they might be running out of ideas )

I'm going for Throstle Nest, as for some reason that came to mind when visiting the new mountain regions, and I felt it was some sort of bird but obscure enough to be suitable (actually an old fashioned term for a song thrush when I looked it up)

I was thinking of throstle's, or throstles' nest but I doubt an apostrophe would be allowed and of course Throstles without the ' would have been an abomination :D

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sakura Sands said:

I generally like names that refer to a geographic feature. Like that include Rock, Lookout, Point, Lake etc.

Oh I like that.  Cougar Rock, Cougar Lake.  Goes well with Cougar Point and Cougar Lookout.  :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You'd have to name your parcel "John", though...

Like there would be any doubt lololol :)

I'll place two of my cougars out and name them Jack & Diane.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, SelfAdmitted said:

Ankh Morpork, they already have Octarine in the old regions. Or Boggy Bottom, Fanny Barks  (there are so many to choose from in the UK!) 🤣 I didn't include the ruder ones 😉

Not too far from where I live there is a town  called Sandwich and a village called Ham, the road sign used to be stolen on a regular basis.

Glad I don't live in these places though ... 😂

funnyplacenames.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Haha I love that you mentioned *****t, my favourite swear word, because if you mouth it, it looks like "what"? I don't have road rage... obviously 🤐

And LL have bleeped the word out, even though it's a place name 🤣

Edited by SelfAdmitted
Saw a word was bleeped.
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SelfAdmitted said:

Haha I love that you mentioned *****t, my favourite swear word, because if you mouth it, it looks like "what"? I don't have road rage... obviously 🤐

And LL have bleeped the word out, even though it's a place name 🤣

Ah...you need my surname then. I never realised that particular word was in my name until someone tried to mention me in the forums  😝

Edited by Peony Sweetwater
Clarity
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SelfAdmitted said:

Ankh Morpork, they already have Octarine in the old regions. Or Boggy Bottom, Fanny Barks  (there are so many to choose from in the UK!) 🤣 I didn't include the ruder ones 😉

Copyright might scupper that one but I think they could use witch names, like Weatherwax, Ogg, Garlick, and Nitt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Copyright might scupper that one but I think they could use witch names, like Weatherwax, Ogg, Garlick, and Nitt.

On that track, it would be cool to have a variant of 'The Mended Drum' as a hangout/bar. maybe The Repaired Cello :)

It comes back to me that a local radio DJ would refer to his own local public house as 'The Rat and Handbag'. I can't help thinking that he wouldn't have copyrighted the use of that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.