The World, it slowly turns. NYE across the time zones.

LexxiXhan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some of the world is already in 2020. Less than three hours to go here in the uk at this time.

Wishing you all just the joy, relief, affirmations, warm hugs, snogs, hope and acceptance you need โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™ย  xx

#*****2019

#BringItOn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

One thing for sure, 2020 is going to be one for the history books.

This phrase bugs the hell out of me Pamela. When I was a kid, I had a paperback history book with one page per year, starting around 1776 (IIRC). There were NO missing years.

Every time I hear someone say "this year's gonna be one for the history books", I think of that book and wonder how it would be possible for a year to escape being recorded by someone, somewhere. I'd feel better if people said "this year's gonna need an above average number of pages in many history books", but I won't hold my breath (another phrase that bugs the hell out of me).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

ย I'd feel better if people said "thisย year's gonna need an above average number of pages in many history books",

Thisย year's gonna need an above average number of pages in many history books. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
ย 

How about this: Hang on, itโ€™s going to be a bumpy ride. (Points for IDing the speaker.)

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Thanks 1

ย ย  I've been in the 20's for 5 hours now. So far, so good!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.