What are you watching today?

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have missed your movie recommendations.

What about starting a thread for those who want to discuss films in detail, like a major review of the film or something?  I doubt Garnet would mind...or maybe she'd even be willing to start an additional one in this vein.  I would, but not sure I have the time to go in depth very often, but sometimes I might...

I think that's a great idea.  This thread was meant to be just video samples of recommendations for others with perhaps a brief commentary.  Certainly some will want to post a reply but long analyses and debate would be off-topic and eventually kill the thread.  I'm not willing to start another one just now but I'm sure there are those who would love to do so, and take part with enthusiasm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

If only it were that simple but it is not. The first person shot and killed, Joseph Rosenbaum, was pursuing Kyle as he RAN AWAY, firing a weapon in his direction. Kyle returned fire and he was shot and killed. I've seen the videos, they are all over twitter. The 2nd person killed, Anthony Huber, was also pursuing Kyle as he RAN AWAY, and when he fell to the ground, Huber attacked him with a skateboard to the head and was shot. The 3rd person shot but not killed, was also pursuing Kyle with a drawn weapon and Kyle fired only at his arm to neutralize him when he clearly could have killed him but didn't.  I am so tired of disinformation that is spread about this event.

Most of it documented in this article:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-rittenhouse-kenosha-self-defense-zorn-20200903-susvsg45yndn7pb67l42ywnzn4-story.html

Why not wait for the trial? Are you privy to information not available to the defense. If so, present it to them. 

ETA: Also from the Tribune... https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-self-defense-20200908-uvxbsyfw7jce3ibid6q4ll2hlu-story.html

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

The thread is, what are you watching. I've posed what I am watching - no different from the other posts.

First time you objected was when you found I was watching shows that had black actors. Now you don't like me watching stuff that talks about subjects important to me.

But... the thread is about what I am watching, and there you have it.

Don't want to see what I watch - there's an ignore button.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Can't post movies with Black actors?  Well F that!!    I'm going to watch Frida again tonight, with lesbians!!

That is absolute nonsense, and shame on you for accepting and adding to it.

I was just being silly, play-acting an oppressed soul in the forum movie section, being controlled by the mother hen of the thread starter.....I don't know WHAT is going on between you and PussyCat but you guys need to work it out...

• Confused 1