Goodbye Bellisseria!

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I actually didn't SEE a demo listed on the link that I went to in the marketplace BTW.  

The creator has a wall insert for each of the 4 houses and each of the 4 houseboats.  There actually are demos for them all, HOWEVER the one for the Evening Star houseboat is not actually linked to the demo version.  Probably you were just unfortunate enough to bring up that particular one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The creator has a wall insert for each of the 4 houses and each of the 4 houseboats.  There actually are demos for them all, HOWEVER the one for the Evening Star houseboat is not actually linked to the demo version.  Probably you were just unfortunate enough to bring up that particular one.

Maybe there has been a recent change. I can't see a demo for this either. Or maybe you mean another seller? There is more than one who sell interior walls.

It is something strange with the Winchester. I tried making interior walls for the large room downstairs, and they don't line up. There is a rotation in the build, and most noticeable here. Or maybe this room has walls that was added with a slight rotation. Choosing another house and going back to Winchester, does not help. Neither does reset the mailbox. I am thinking that 4 separate walls that are linked so they can be manually adjusted, is the only way to go.

I never see this issue in Continental, I made interior walls for each room in that house.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is something strange with the Winchester. I tried making interior walls for the large room downstairs, and they don't line up. There is a rotation in the build, and most noticeable here. Or maybe this room has walls that was added with a slight rotation. Choosing another house and going back to Winchester, does not help. Neither does reset the mailbox. I am thinking that 4 separate walls that are linked so they can be manually adjusted, is the only way to go.

I never see this issue in Continental, I made interior walls for each room in that house.

That is the same thing I experienced with the Winchester and was talking about above. The wall covers did not line up properly, or rather, did not STAY lined up. I have had no issues with using wall covers in the Adams. 

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That is the same thing I experienced with the Winchester and was talking about above. The wall covers did not line up properly, or rather, did not STAY lined up. I have had no issues with using wall covers in the Adams. 

So what you are describing is the (very old, long-since fixed) "prim-drift" bug? Is that right? As I understand it the walls are lined up initially, they they move or are otherwise misaligned... Have you tried LOCKING them into place while they are aligned? I'm not saying that's the answer, just suggesting something I haven't seen suggested up to now. My apologies if it was suggested and I missed it.

• Like 1

I have noticed that in the Winchester house the downstairs big room's east side wall is not perfectly aligned to the grid. That is easy to verify by making wall sized prim and putting it very close to the wall. When I do that I see that the prim is on top of the wall on the north end of the prim, but is inside the wall at the south end.

I think that the just created prim IS aligned to the grid exactly, but the house wall is not. (I didn't check other walls of the house to see are they aligned or not.)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

So what you are describing is the (very old, long-since fixed) "prim-drift" bug? Is that right? As I understand it the walls are lined up initially, they they move or are otherwise misaligned... Have you tried LOCKING them into place while they are aligned? I'm not saying that's the answer, just suggesting something I haven't seen suggested up to now. My apologies if it was suggested and I missed it.

Yes, I always lock everything. It's not the wall covers that were moving, I believe. Based on my own observations and what Marianne has observed, I believe the interior walls of the house itself are drifting. Of course, I have no ability to lock those. ;)

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yes, I always lock everything. It's not the wall covers that were moving, I believe. Based on my own observations and what Marianne has observed, I believe the interior walls of the house itself are drifting. Of course, I have no ability to lock those. ;)

OH! So the entire house may be drifting? That's the only explanation, unless something is getting wet and shrinking because of it! I hadn't noticed that at all on my house when I had one, though I didn't use wall covers, either.

I don't know how these wall-covers are designed and I'm not in a house right now so I can't check. Though if I were to make wall covers I'd make them thick enough so the same prim on both sides of the wall (where possible) and use select face for different colors if desired. (Yes, prim, I don't see a need to use mesh unless odd-shaped). Though I don't remember how thick the walls are in those. ANYWAY, sorry if I derail the thread or anything, I was mostly thinking aloud and thought I'd throw that useless idea out there. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Have you tried LOCKING them into place while they are aligned?

I believe that all locking does is stop anyone from changing locked objects.  Over long periods of time, I've seen locked objects drift a bit.  I think Quartz's explanation earlier in this thread, about mesh attributes and viewer differences in displaying them, are a more likely explanation.  Some of these addons are very thin meshes, placed very very very close to LL meshes.

I have made prim addons for a HB and a house, and have experienced no problems at all.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OH! So the entire house may be drifting? That's the only explanation, unless something is getting wet and shrinking because of it! I hadn't noticed that at all on my house when I had one, though I didn't use wall covers, either.

I don't know how these wall-covers are designed and I'm not in a house right now so I can't check. Though if I were to make wall covers I'd make them thick enough so the same prim on both sides of the wall (where possible) and use select face for different colors if desired. (Yes, prim, I don't see a need to use mesh unless odd-shaped). Though I don't remember how thick the walls are in those. ANYWAY, sorry if I derail the thread or anything, I was mostly thinking aloud and thought I'd throw that useless idea out there. :)

Well, it's like the interior of the house drifts! I don't know anything about mesh but I suppose the inside walls are a different piece from the exterior, which makes sense since they have different color change buttons. It's all pretty interesting now, though I was plenty annoyed at the time when my wall covers were not able to be aligned. It sure seems to be an issue with the Winchester, since we now have three of us who have said we've noticed issues with the interior walls!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

My walls (From Xia) have stayed in place in my Winchester so this might not happen to everyone. :ph34r:

Mine stayed in place at first, for a while. I hope yours never move, but just be aware that this was not an immediate problem for me, either. Her add ons for the Adams have worked fine so far, so I really do think its a "house" issue and not a "wall cover" issue.

58 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have made prim addons for a HB and a house, and have experienced no problems at all.

Yeah, I *still* maintain that prim is king. Just because mesh doesn't't mean anyone ought to mesh. Mesh is way over-used in SL.

Mine stayed in place at first, for a while. I hope yours never move, but just be aware that this was not an immediate problem for me, either. Her add ons for the Adams have worked fine so far, so I really do think its a "house" issue and not a "wall cover" issue.

I have had mine up since 28th of May and they are still perfectly in place so there is clearly something else going on here and it's likely the house that's moving somehow for some people.  

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

6 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

I have had mine up since 28th of May and they are still perfectly in place so there is clearly something else going on here and it's likely the house that's moving somehow for some people.  

Based on recent comments, I suspect nothing is moving, but rather that it is an alignment issue. Where one side of the cover fits right and the other side is not with a gap, etc. (left-to-right or up-and-down, not flip-side) - that this is happening with a particular style. Perhaps this style of house is *very slightly* rotated when it is rezzed and not exactly on the primary directions of the compass and people are only noticing when they eventually look at the side that is not properly aligned (thereby thinking it happens "later".)

Of course, it may be close enough that most people don't care or notice. Then there are people like us: Aynahl about how stuff Fitz!

Edited by Alyona Su

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Based on recent comments, I suspect nothing is moving, but rather that it is an alignment issue. Where one side of the cover fits right and the other side is not with a gap, etc. (left-to-right or up-and-down, not flip-side) - that this is happening with a particular style. Perhaps this style of house is *very slightly* rotated when it is rezzed and not exactly on the primary directions of the compass and people are only noticing when they eventually look at the side that is not properly aligned (thereby thinking it happens "later".)

Of course, it may be close enough that most people don't care or notice. Then there are people like us: Aynahl about how stuff Fitz!

I wish I had taken photos at the time. @Quartz Mole inspected the house, and it (at least the exterior) was correctly aligned. The visible problem that developed wasn't subtle as you describe. I had the wall covers installed in the Winchester, nicely aligned and looking good, until one day they were not. And it was not just a wee gap or a subtle flicker. This was like the alignment had gone so wrong that half of each wall (or even entire walls) was no longer covered, with large amounts of flickering going on.

Ultimately, after a few days, I was able to get the covers back in alignment with the walls again. Soon after that, the same issue happened: massive misalignment, apparently spontaneous and of unknown origin. The wall covers had been locked the entire time so had not been manually moved. So.... since others have noticed misalignment of the interior walls themselves, that seems the likely cause: something about the Winchester model itself is not "right".

• Like 2

I wish I had taken photos at the time. @Quartz Mole inspected the house, and it (at least the exterior) was correctly aligned. The visible problem that developed wasn't subtle as you describe. I had the wall covers installed in the Winchester, nicely aligned and looking good, until one day they were not. And it was not just a wee gap or a subtle flicker. This was like the alignment had gone so wrong that half of each wall (or even entire walls) was no longer covered, with large amounts of flickering going on.

Ultimately, after a few days, I was able to get the covers back in alignment with the walls again. Soon after that, the same issue happened: massive misalignment, apparently spontaneous and of unknown origin. The wall covers had been locked the entire time so had not been manually moved. So.... since others have noticed misalignment of the interior walls themselves, that seems the likely cause: something about the Winchester model itself is not "right".

Or it was an unique event that only happened to a few people or more, otherwise one would think it should happen to everyone with a Winchester but it's doesnt.

Edited by Varistentia Varriale

Just now, Varistentia Varriale said:

Or it was an unique event that only happened to a few people or more, otherwise one would think it should happen to everyone with a Winchester but it's doesnt.

Yes, we know it hasn't happened to you (yet). That doesn't invalidate the fact that it seems to be an issue or that it has happened for others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Okay... yes, that is a Devil's Triangle mystery, isn't it? Though at the same time, I will scold the creator while standing on the sideline (I don't have a right to LOL) for creating a wafer-thin wall cover. A better method would be to make it thinker so that it is embedded into the wall itself, rather than hanging a sheet over it. (I say this only based on what I know from comments and descriptions, which is why I have no right to scold anyone) I'll bow out now as the dead horse is starting to fall apart now. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Okay... yes, that is a Devil's Triangle mystery, isn't it? Though at the same time, I will scold the creator while standing on the sideline (I don't have a right to LOL) for creating a wafer-thin wall cover. A better method would be to make it thinker so that it is embedded into the wall itself, rather than hanging a sheet over it. (I say this only based on what I know from comments and descriptions, which is why I have no right to scold anyone) I'll bow out now as the dead horse is starting to fall apart now. :D

I totally agree that a thicker wall cover might have avoided the whole issue! Like you, I'm bored with the topic now. Meet you in another thread! lol

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Bowing out here as well and I would like to apologize to Matty for derailing his thread, my original comment was more aimed at making Matty stay in Bellisseria because he is so awesome. :P

Aww thank you Vari. But don't worry, you won't be able to keep me away from Belli, I am still coming back for the parties. 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe there has been a recent change. I can't see a demo for this either. Or maybe you mean another seller? There is more than one who sell interior walls.

I had previously only seen the kits from one creator - and I could have sworn I scoured the MP back when I was looking.  I must have gotten side tracked at the time and just thought that I finished a thorough search.

I've now found a second creator on MP that only supplies kits for the two lower rooms of the Winchester house - and no demo on either.  I also see a third creator on MP, but that one only has kits the Adams and Winchester homes - and again, no demos.  The creator that I was talking about has kits for all 4 styles and each kit contains inserts for all of the rooms including the stair well (all as separate pieces) - and there are demos for all 4 of those kits.

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

When I had my big drift of outdoor items happen, everything was locked.

7 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I have noticed that in the Winchester house the downstairs big room's east side wall is not perfectly aligned to the grid. That is easy to verify by making wall sized prim and putting it very close to the wall. When I do that I see that the prim is on top of the wall on the north end of the prim, but is inside the wall at the south end.

I think that the just created prim IS aligned to the grid exactly, but the house wall is not. (I didn't check other walls of the house to see are they aligned or not.)

Yep, that front wall is definitely just a bit off kilter.  I tested a prim against the other walls of that front room and the rest of the house and they all seem to be aligned properly.

8 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

My walls (From Xia) have stayed in place in my Winchester so this might not happen to everyone. :ph34r:

Hmm - that isn't where I got mine and I hate to fork out more money, but I will make note of this in case I have problems.

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, it's like the interior of the house drifts! I don't know anything about mesh but I suppose the inside walls are a different piece from the exterior, which makes sense since they have different color change buttons. It's all pretty interesting now, though I was plenty annoyed at the time when my wall covers were not able to be aligned. It sure seems to be an issue with the Winchester, since we now have three of us who have said we've noticed issues with the interior walls!

I checked the linked pieces of the mesh and it looks like the entire set of inner walls is one mesh piece, so it is definitely possible that just that one piece drifted.  

7 hours ago, Varistentia Varriale said:

Bowing out here as well and I would like to apologize to Matty for derailing his thread, my original comment was more aimed at making Matty stay in Bellisseria because he is so awesome. :P

Threads derail  around here, but if need be, they do get back on topic.  This particular derail was a good discussion and I'm glad it happened.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.