Elderglen theme what will replace it

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I have a question as to the Elderglen  theme and what will   do you think will replace it. 

I haven't heard any official hints about fantasy themed places. It would seem logical that if they do appear (fantasy while still popular is NOT what it was a decade ago in SL so not sure how The Lab feels about the theme) that it would be on a separate continent and not Bellisseria. I can't see how having "hobbit homes" would blend in with the rest of the (currently) mid century theme.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3

Considering that the over 38,000 homes they need to replace will not all fit on Bellisseria I think it's a safe bet to assume another continent will be coming in the future. As it seems (with the coming of the trailers) like Bellisseria has just the modern traditional home themes, I would imagine some kind of non-trad theme to be on the next continent, whether that be fantasty/sci-fi or something else, that kind of replaces the non-traditional ones such as Elderglen we see in the first gen series.

We'll have a whole another round of watching a SSP unfold:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia

We need to keep in mind that creating and building the new LL homes is a multi-year project and that future themes are not known at the moment (unless you are Patch Linden, in which case you'd prolly know all the plans :D 

Best case scenario is that this project will be finished in about 2 years time. Worst case scenario is that it will take MUCH longer than that, we just don't know how long it will take but we DO know that there will be many different themes. Patch Linden has hinted at a total of at least 5 different themes, but possibly more although it does not hurt to try and see how much support for a fantasy theme you can drum up. 

Below was my idea for a fantasy theme. I doubt that it will be used, but hey, it never hurts to try to help think about the future of premium homes 🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Considering that the over 38,000 homes they need to replace will not all fit on Bellisseria I think it's a safe bet to assume another continent will be coming in the future.

Possibly.  There is room to extend the continent quite a bit to the south and in one interview Patch had commented about possibly connecting the road system on Bellisseria with other Mainland road areas.

A long comment on another thread talked about some points I had been thinking on -- generally how MUCH SL has changed in focus over the last decade.  If I was REALLY bored (not there yet) I would go over and check the percentage of claimed fantasy 512 LH compared to the popular Meadowbrook.   

A whole lot of the diversity that was SL in years past has simply disappeared. Steampunk -- extremely popular ten years ago --- was my favorite niche genre and it is pretty much gone.  Other very high profile "communities" are now just a small percentage of what they were.   This is sad really, but certainly something The Lab needs to take into consideration when planning new themes.

Here is that post:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

A long comment on another thread talked about some points I had been thinking on -- generally how MUCH SL has changed in focus over the last decade.  If I was REALLY bored (not there yet) I would go over and check the percentage of claimed fantasy 512 LH compared to the popular Meadowbrook.   

A whole lot of the diversity that was SL in years past has simply disappeared. Steampunk -- extremely popular ten years ago --- was my favorite niche genre and it is pretty much gone.  Other very high profile "communities" are now just a small percentage of what they were.   This is sad really, but certainly something The Lab needs to take into consideration when planning new themes.

I saw that post too and was thinking about it. I'd love to know why this diversity is diminishing (or is it just  a false perception that it is?). If it is, is it because the advertising is attracting more of those who want to make money, or some other reason, than those seeking a place to be creative, explorative or immerse themselves in those niche genres? It's really a shame, and I don't know why, but if anyone has any theories I'd love to hear them (may be a separate thread so as not to derail this one too much).

• Like 1

currently there are 4 themes in Elderglen, right? 

I think i would love to see  

1. a very darkly themed community, kinda Goth maybe haunted forest with housing  very vampy, werepeople, demony, drow, etc. 

2. a very foresty elfy theme, with the entire village up in the trees as well as tiny shroom housing villages for the fae on the forest floor and i think it would be awesome if in the foresty areas there were "dens" or "caves" for our animal friends.

3. an undersea area, for the merpeople among us...this could be just beautiful with all the coral and kelp and fish.

This is just me having some fun imagining while trying to fall asleep...

• Like 7

On 6/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, SerraWeckerly said:

2. a very foresty elfy theme, with the entire village up in the trees as well as tiny shroom housing villages for the fae on the forest floor and i think it would be awesome if in the foresty areas there were "dens" or "caves" for our animal friends.

Tiny shroom houses .. for Tinies. :) 

• Like 3

On 6/23/2019 at 2:16 PM, SerraWeckerly said:

currently there are 4 themes in Elderglen, right? 

I think i would love to see  

1. a very darkly themed community, kinda Goth maybe haunted forest with housing  very vampy, werepeople, demony, drow, etc. 

3. an undersea area, for the merpeople among us...this could be just beautiful with all the coral and kelp and fish.

This is just me having some fun imagining while trying to fall asleep...

I think these would be awesome ideas especially for the roleplayers and those of us who want to be a fantasy or supernatural avi all the time.  Since the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is so popular right now a community based on something similar would be interesting.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.