New Price rises???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this a good thing right now? when I know so many people leaving SL for other reasons, this will just tip scales and push more people to leave or go back to a basic free membership, I personally have a built a nice piece of east end of London  hence why I still here, but now this it might just push me and give all up and just go back to basic member.

What are your thoughts

Any price rise at any time is going to be unpopular, but at least there is the option of defering it for a while by renewing early. OK not everyone can afford to splash out a years subscription at short notice, but LL are a business and have to look at the bottom line. As customers we just have to decide if we think it's worth it to us.

• Like 1

I agree, but when most people are leaving without the reason for a price rise, then this will just push people to leave or go back to basics,  if you going to place a price rise then one should give something more to premium members,  a price rise with no incentives will not work

39 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I agree, but when most people are leaving without the reason for a price rise, then this will just push people to leave or go back to basics,  if you going to place a price rise then one should give something more to premium members,  a price rise with no incentives will not work

Have you need around the past year? premium land got doubled, and premium groups are getting raised.

• Like 2

It would have made sense to do the price increases simultaneously with the big tier reduction and increased bonus tier and all the other changes intended to promote land ownership -- which succeeded dramatically, evident from a casual glance at the Mainland map. By now, folks seem to have completely forgotten how much they benefited from those changes -- which is kinda sad because many of the everso-aggrieved merchants would be out of business by now if the Lab hadn't made the changes they made to stimulate the economy.

Honestly, if anybody is running a store or a venue in Second Life and have problems now, they should throw in the towel. It hasn't been this good in years.

(Now if only we could say the same for region performance.)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Well done for you Bigmoe, so you dont take note that the numbers in sl rhave been declining, and when Sansar getting fully up and running you don't think many will leave ? all I can say can I have a look at your crystal ball

Have you been to Sansar? SL may have future threats, but Sansar ain't one of them. Check out these statistics from all public Sansar experiences (not only the Steam sessions). There were so few users it's hard to see how the numbers can be decreasing -- and yet they are.

The Lab really needs to pull the plug on Sansar. It's fine to have a CEO vanity project, but this is just embarrassing now.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Have you been to Sansar? SL may have future threats, but Sansar ain't one of them. Check out these statistics from all public Sansar experiences (not only the Steam sessions). There were so few users it's hard to see how the numbers can be decreasing -- and yet they are.

The Lab really needs to pull the plug on Sansar. It's fine to have a CEO vanity project, but this is just embarrassing now.

CEOs need something to spend those million(s of) dollar bonuses on.

11 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

What are your thoughts

Read all the threads that have been created since this was first announced and you'll get plenty of thoughts.

Side note - per the last interview that Ebbe did, somewhere, Premium memberships are up.  Granted, that was before this price increase, but that at least gives them some buffer room for the few (IMO) that will decide to downgrade.  Personally, I think that while there will be some downgrades, I don't think many will actually "leave" SL.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read all the threads that have been created since this was first announced and you'll get plenty of thoughts.

Side note - per the last interview that Ebbe did, somewhere, Premium memberships are up.  Granted, that was before this price increase, but that at least gives them some buffer room for the few (IMO) that will decide to downgrade.  Personally, I think that while there will be some downgrades, I don't think many will actually "leave" SL.

I agree that most of the ones who will be or already have downgraded won't actually be leaving SL but I think the number who will be downgrading (including those who already have) will be a good bit higher than what you are anticipating. So, if LL's plan is to increase revenue via increased premium fees and adding an even higher priced premium, it's not going to give them the increase in income they apparently believe it will.

What they should have done is roll out this "super" premium for the $99 US and at the same time lowered the price of the current iteration of premium by a few bucks. A 10 - 20 dollar reduction should be sufficient. What little they might lose from lowering the "mark up" will be made up in volume as more people signup for the lower priced premium vs the higher priced premium. Doing so will give them the results they are after. Doing what they are doing now is going to backfire on them. Maybe not to the point the residents notice but it will backfire and we will see the results of that in the next 2 - 3 years.

12 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Well done for you Bigmoe, so you dont take note that the numbers in sl rhave been declining, and when Sansar getting fully up and running you don't think many will leave ? all I can say can I have a look at your crystal ball

SANSAR is not a replacement for SL and never will be, THEY are different products AIMED at 2 different sets of people.  when will you ever learn this.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.