Fence remove?

lostrise Kira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How did you do to remove the fence built into the house? he has certain of my neighbors who have none. I'm not finding in home redecoration menu how to remove or put it in transparency and phantom . I had to put my Teegles Bellisseria  fence on the front and its very ugly :(.

Linden home no fence.png

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Si vous activez les limites du colis, vous verrez qu'il se trouve en dehors de votre colis et fait partie des terrains communs et que vous ne pouvez rien y faire.

Yes indeed it is off the field and not stick so impossible to do something clean it will make me crazy lol I arrange differently for my decoration. thank you

23 minutes ago, Kaylee Romano said:

Tu ne peux pas. C'est là pour rester. J'ai des haies autour de ma maison. J'aimerais bien que les haies avant soient enlevées, mais dans l'alliance, il est dit qu'elles ne bougeront pas ou n'enlèveront aucun aménagement paysager.  

Yes I doubt that they worked so much it would be a shame to remove everything. But for the Fence he could have done something in the menu to have whatever option

1 hour ago, lostrise Kira said:

Yes I doubt that they worked so much it would be a shame to remove everything. But for the Fence he could have done something in the menu to have whatever option

And while we're at it, maybe, for the housboats, an option to make the blinds invisible? I would like to put in my own drapes/curtains/blinds.

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Some homes, like mine, have no fence. I kind of wanted to have a fence but the longer I'm in my home the more I realize not having a fence can be a bonus. 

Ditto. I was specifically expecting to have to reroll countless times to get a home without any fence or hedges (got so lucky the one abandoned home I snagged was borderless AND directly on a road.)

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How do you keep your dog from running away?

Because puppies belong in the back yard so I can put in my own fencing and only where I want it (the back yard). :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Because puppies belong in the back yard so I can put in my own fencing and only where I want it (the back yard). :D

So, if your puppies are your prized posessions, you can sound like a crook in a crime story when you fence them (but you didn’t steal them, I hope).

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, if your puppies are your prized posessions, you can sound like a crook in a crime story when you fence them (but you didn’t steal them, I hope).

In LL home I am a quiet, innocent neighborly recluse who goes horseriding along the beaches every now and again and even picks up the grassy horse-marbles left behind. So I would *never!* But when I jump into my Apache alt then it's horse-thieving at every opportunity. But puppies? NEVAR! Apache loves puppies, so all home-grown. :D

I still plane to ride the neighborhood in full Apache regalia one of these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

And while we're at it, maybe, for the housboats, an option to make the blinds invisible? I would like to put in my own drapes/curtains/blinds.

While I don't ever see that we will get an option to remove fences/hedges/etc... because it is all part of the planned landscaping of the overall area, I could see them giving us an "invisible blinds" option down the road, since that is within the homes and would just be a script change in the controllers.

• Thanks 1

• Moles

The Linden Homes Covenant does not allow for changes to the landscaping for a two very important reasons.

First is Land Impact. We only have so much we can use to decorate around parcels. In many regions if we added a fence we would only be able to do that by removing content someplace else in the region first. Second, if we started modifying the landscaping at residents request we would quickly become overwhelmed and doing nothing all day but moving hedges and fences and things.

We realized some people might appreciate a fence or some hedges that do not count against their LI while some may not. The thinking is once we have enough homes in circulation there will be a surplus for residents to try for a parcel more tailored to their liking. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

The thinking is once we have enough homes in circulation there will be a surplus for residents to try for a parcel more tailored to their liking. 

You've just put into words what I have intuitively known for a while. Thank you!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Second, if we started modifying the landscaping at residents request we would quickly become overwhelmed and doing nothing all day but moving hedges and fences and things.

weelll !! is not like you got anything better to do ... oh! wait 😛 :)

• Haha 6

@Abnor Mole it has been suggested that there should be a fence between the Red Lion Pub and the river, to prevent hapless drunken patrons from falling into the water and drowning. Though personally I think a simple warning sign would be sufficient. I don't want no fences getting in the way of my fishing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.