clicking intervention

Louminca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But I can't stop refreshing the page. Just incase. I know I should stop but what if I get lucky??  

Is anyone else addict to clicking the refresh page?? 

But don't get me wrong half the fun is in the chase! 

🎶 I just wanna be where the people are,

I wanna see , wanna see them dancing flippin your fins  🎶 

• Haha 5

I saw a houseboat.  I don't mind to own it and was in real hurry to grab it but frankly......... All I saw was a yellow background and said... *ahem*

"We're sorry..." to my face!

I got a house a hour ago.

Edited by Xia Xevious
Homeless to a residence
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I obtained a houseboat and a trad home by logging on late nights/early wee hours and refreshing. Someone somewhere is always abandoning and you have a better chance on off peak times.

4 hours ago, Xia Xevious said:

I saw a houseboat.  I don't mind to own it and was in real hurry to grab it but frankly......... All I saw was a yellow background and said... *ahem*

"We're sorry..." to my face!

I got a house a hour ago.

Go to the light...  the rest of us must find our own way on the journey to other side..

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I obtained a houseboat and a trad home by logging on late nights/early wee hours and refreshing. Someone somewhere is always abandoning and you have a better chance on off peak times.

I'm going to try off hours.

I believe and I'm still clicking.

Trying to convince family that it is a new game called "ReFresh"! haha

• Like 1

I almost snagged a house last night. I was refreshing the page on my second monitor every so often and for the first time since the initial release - I saw the new continent and new home option. But I couldn't name it and click accept on the next page fast enough - someone got it before me XD So don't lose hope - it's still very possible that someone will decide they don't like the new stuff. 

Go to the page for picking your house and enter a name.  Click to go to the next page and then click the back button to return to the previous page.  That will then keep the name cached and each refresh the name will already be there.  

The only caveat to that is that because you started into the process for an older home, it will sometimes not default to the new ones on refresh, but they can be seen via the drop down for selection.

The other option is to not worry about a true name - you can change it later.  Just press a bunch of keys and click to proceed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only caveat to that is that because you started into the process for an older home, it will sometimes not default to the new ones on refresh, but they can be seen via the drop down for selection.

OMG! Thank you for this! After being really stupid yesterday, I was back to Refresh Roulette to get a Trad. After I read this, I went back to the Land page, refreshed, clicked the drop down, and there it was! Bellisseria was just sitting there hiding from me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

OMG! Thank you for this! After being really stupid yesterday, I was back to Refresh Roulette to get a Trad. After I read this, I went back to the Land page, refreshed, clicked the drop down, and there it was! Bellisseria was just sitting there hiding from me. 

Congrats 

you are helping me keep the faith

i am not 💯 % sure what you guys are talking about.

Do you mean I should check the drop down bar? Or actually go back out a page? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Louminca said:

Congrats 

you are helping me keep the faith

i am not 💯 % sure what you guys are talking about.

Do you mean I should check the drop down bar? Or actually go back out a page? 

Thank you!

When you click Get Your Home Now, the next page has Meadowbrook-Grayson as the default. That is the page we are talking about. (The one where you can name your parcel before clicking next. ) @LittleMe Jewell was correct about if you name your property, hit next (to go to the one where you have to check the tiny box for ToS) and then back to the one showing Meadowbrook, that Meadowbrook may stay as the default and you have to hit that drop down to see/choose another style. That's where Bellisseria appeared for me.

Hope this makes sense, still on my first cup of coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

THat was the advice of the day - of the millenium!! - Just tried that and got a houseboat - hidden under the old stuff!

PS: THOUGHT I had --- ended with an ERROR! - but now I know the trick! - must look in dropdown after EVERY refresh!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

No more clicking for me!

I got a house! 🏡 

I would recommend the auto refresh to anyone

I clicked manually about 3 hours last night and saw a house but lost it..

then woke up at 2 am and clicked for an hour to try off hours..

click off and on all morning then finally learned how to set an auto refresh this afternoon.. think it ran for 4 hours..

so i would run an auto refresh during peak sl hours..  for luck

• Like 1

Color me amazed, hours-long clicking sessions, DO pay off. Even I managed to snag a Trad last night, that being said, it didnt go through the first time, but roughly seven hours later, i got the next one I saw.  It took me quite a few sittings to get, mostly because I'd get that crazy error after checking the box off. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 2:35 AM, Louminca said:

@Freewings Randt I used chrome's "auto refresh plus" and in the menu you can tell it stop when it finds the word "bellisseria"

and it sets an alarm to go off

my cat went flyin

There are several Auto Refresh Plus Chrime addons - I tested a few - you can set the time but not search for a WORD.

Which one do you use? Who is the author? or do you have a Link?

PS: I took one of them and got it to take the word "Bellisseria" - I saw two houseboats but then ... error!

You have to react quick as lightening!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.