So sad I didn't get a new home

JOVIYON Wycliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my question is how long will it take for us to get more homes ? And also how will we know if the homes are ready ,  I do work in RL and am not able to log on to read the forums all the time. can someone tell me how I can get a heads up without being in world, I have been a premium member for many years , I have seen so many newbies were able to get their homes on the first drop. HELPPPPPPP :D

• Like 2

Joviyon, I didn't think that I'd get a new linden home either.  I read, however, to try refreshing the Customise Your Home page so after numerous attempts yesterday only getting the 4 older themes I struck lucky and the Traditional showed up.  Don't think I've ever clicked on that yellow Next button so fast before :)  Just keep trying.  Is also a good idea to follow the post by Patch Linden which Sylvia has placed in her post.  Lots of luck on getting your new home :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tori Landau said:

Joviyon, I didn't think that I'd get a new linden home either.  I read, however, to try refreshing the Customise Your Home page so after numerous attempts yesterday only getting the 4 older themes I struck lucky and the Traditional showed up.  Don't think I've ever clicked on that yellow Next button so fast before :)  Just keep trying.  Is also a good idea to follow the post by Patch Linden which Sylvia has placed in her post.  Lots of luck on getting your new home :)

Congrats on your place!  When you were refreshing, did it come up as the first option in the drop down list or do you have to click the list to see it?

• Like 1

I did same, just found out today about all this after being away a year. Renewed my premium just for the new houses, to find out I could pick just old ones. I refreshed like 200 times and got a nice plot. Broken though, that mailbox issue, probably why it was let go,  but I won't abandon it. I just filed a ticket and will wait it out. Good luck to all. :)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, AuraRayne said:

I've been trying and trying ...when will there be more ? Does anyone know?

There isn't a definite date, as far as I am aware.  I believe that post by Patch Linden is supposed to provide the most up to date info.  

I am also waiting and hoping for more to be released quickly (have been updating the homes page in the meantime, with no luck).

Edit: Yay, finally got a place!

Edited by Callo Dinzel
updated info
  • Like 4

I have not gotten my place either yet, I messed up my first try so now i have to wait. What I do is explore the new sims.. looking at all the creativety everyone shows, saying hello to people I meet and so on. On my platform I have I plan out how I want my new place to look, checking prim count etc. Yes so we have to wait a little longer, but it do not mean we have to sit around being sad  ☺️

• Like 6

Reading, oh I didn’t get a house what is Linden Lab thinking.
Stop to think what would be being said if you watched a “Huge Land Mass” with thousands and thousands and thousands of homes just sitting there and no one able to get a house. 

It would not be pretty.

Well I think its best to let them go as they are built.  And no I don’t have one yet, still waiting, but I am happy to see Linden Lab working on something almost every one is yelling for.
I for one say, Good Job Linden Lab!

TheVeryFirst Resident

• Like 8

Don't feel alone dear. My husband in RL had a heart attack and was in the hospital from the 12th - 16th and when we finally got home, I found out they had them available and they were already gone.  So now I too play the waiting game. I am happy though that they are upgrading the land though. I've been in SL over 11 yrs now.  I am curious though, does this change my premium land info then? - 

Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters
Edited by xvxRUBYxvx Praga
Adding extra information for clarification

On 4/21/2019 at 1:12 AM, Tori Landau said:

Joviyon, I didn't think that I'd get a new linden home either.  I read, however, to try refreshing the Customise Your Home page so after numerous attempts yesterday only getting the 4 older themes I struck lucky and the Traditional showed up.  Don't think I've ever clicked on that yellow Next button so fast before :)  Just keep trying.

'First rule of Refresh Club, don't talk about Refresh Club!' 😙 Seriously, kudos on getting your new home this way! At this point, I don't think the refresh trick will do much good any more, though, now that the cat is out of the bag. (Ironically, though, and paradoxically, ppl using the refresh button less frequently as a result of the saturation, will actually increase the chances for those who keep spamming it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I am curious though, does this change my premium land info then? - 

Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters

The image is showing that you are currently using 512 sqm of the 1024 you are entitled to (or did use it during the current billing period)  -- either via an older Linden Home or by donating it to a group or by owning 512 sqm of Mainland. 

In any case, if you do not want to actually incur tier charges and if you are still using that 512, then before you get a new Linden Home, you will need to release your current usage -- either abandoning your existing Linden Home, or abandoning/selling Mainland, or taking back a group tier donation.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

9 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Oh, FFS, I was sooo close just now! A boathouse position opened up, I chose a name, then next, and then..

We're Sorry...

The theme and house selection you have chosen is temporarily sold out. Please select another combination and then try again.

Secondlife.com | My Account

For the future -- just type a couple of gibberish characters into the field - you can change the name via the Land tab later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

For the future -- just type a couple of gibberish characters into the field - you can change the name via the Land tab later.

Yes, I realized this myself: once you filled in the name, the field stays filled, even across a refresh.

• Like 1

I actually just got a traditional one. Had to abandon it, as it was just an inferior shed (so unlike many of the other homes I saw there). So, I kept tryng, and 5 minutes later, a new tradional home opened up. Lo and behold, it was the same inferior one! (Guess the next owner decided to abandon it immediately too).

So, I guess this has become a pointless endeavor: the ones that open up now are just no good (which is why ppl leave them). ☹️

• Like 1

Just now, kiramanell said:

I actually just got a traditional one. Had to abandon it, as it was just an inferior shed (so unlike many of the other homes I saw there). So, I kept tryng, and 5 minutes later, a new tradional home opened up. Lo and behold, it was the same inferior one! (Guess the next owner decided to abandon it immediately too).

So, I guess this has become a pointless endeavor: the ones that open up now are just no good (which is why ppl leave them). 

You can change the home type from the mailbox...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

There needs to be some kind of floating info bubble over the mailbox when land has been assigned a new owner that goes and stays away once clicked ... if only we could have per user particle effects.

Something like this would be good. Or even the linking system used in RP sims where you can see on a webpage what rentals are available in (semi)real time.

For the fact this forum has a lot of people screaming out for new houses, a majority I am seeing in world still sit empty and vacant. It's depressing to think those that want can't have, and those that have don't seem to really want - just have for the sake of having. ☹️

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.