So sad I didn't get a new home

JOVIYON Wycliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, BJoyful said:

There is the new Linden Homes Preview SIM: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/44/200/25  It shows all the current models.  Each plot has a mailbox and you can choose which style of House you want... so visit them all at the Preview, grab any plot and rez your favourite using the mailbox! (life Preserver for the Houseboat model selection) and anyone can come and visit and explore Bellissaria and see what the current residents are so excited about! 

Thanks for posting the preview link, went there this morning to look at the houseboats and really like the open floorplans really well done!   I got my dream model all picked out and am definitely going to try to switch from my traditional house in Bellisseria to a houseboat when they open up!!  Fingers crossed  :)

• Like 4

I just counted twice and did the adding math twice :D and came up with 695 slips WITH houseboats. I didn't count any empty slips because there are empty slips in the existing areas (possibly too difficult to get a boat out ?  Don't know why).  599 was previously reported so I just had to count for myself. Good to do that math too as we don't get a lot of that these days!

Confused a bit about "old" Bellisarria.  They are just moving the SSP regions over to the new area where there WAS going to be a land island (now it will be a boat atoll). So it is the SAME continent.

EDIT: For anyone interested house boats per region range from 6 to 26 by my count. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Confused a bit about "old" Bellisarria.  They are just moving the SSP regions over to the new area where there WAS going to be a land island (now it will be a boat atoll). So it is the SAME continent.

My bad. 😌 I thought it was going to be an entirely new area. That apparently not being the case, it will be easier to grab a traditional home, I reckon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

My bad. 😌 I thought it was going to be an entirely new area. That apparently not being the case, it will be easier to grab a traditional home, I reckon.

It sort of will be.  The batch of houseboats that are being created at the bottom of the SSP work area is what will be new.  It is assumed that it will be placed on the eastern side of the Bellissaria continent  -- in the same location as the long skinny island currently showing on the east side of the SSP work area.

The rest of the SSP work area is where they will be building out more homes in more themes/styles - and those regions will eventually get copied over to be part of the new Bellissaria continent.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
That darned continent spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

No not a new are. The SSP regions are the place where Patch and the Moles design things. Then the various regions get moved over to Bellisseria. Some of us have been watching SSP for nine or ten months now :D. 
I think the crew needs a bit of a rest though now. LOTS of work accomplished. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have no interest in the boat house, just want a traditional house, either near beach or near mountains would be best. Not going to take someones boathouse they could have jsut to have something. I will abandon it for a regualr anyway, so Ill let someone else have a boat house instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You have to pick if you want a house or a boat before you get assigned one. Although .. might pay not to discount them out of hand, they do have significantly more floor space than the houses, often taking up a full 50% of the 1024sqm and have an upper deck too.

For a beach house you will be re-rolling a lot.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 6:59 PM, Chic Aeon said:

695 slips WITH houseboats

Nice work, Chic - thanks!

There's 432 people in the starting blocks according to the followers of the The New Linden Homes Update Post. There were only 300 around a week or so ago; word is getting around! There's bound to be a few late entrants to the race, too, but is it too hopeful to think that supply might just satisfy demand this time?

Oooooooh! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odaks said:

There's 432 people in the starting blocks according to the followers of the The New Linden Homes Update Post. There were only 300 around a week or so ago; word is getting around! There's bound to be a few late entrants to the race, too, but is it too hopeful to think that supply might just satisfy demand this time?

Have to take in to account alt accounts as well.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, anthonytorino said:

Not going to take someones boathouse they could have jsut to have something

That is incredibly noble of you!

I wonder how many else would do the same? Not many, I guess.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 8:22 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

You have to pick if you want a house or a boat before you get assigned one. Although .. might pay not to discount them out of hand, they do have significantly more floor space than the houses, often taking up a full 50% of the 1024sqm and have an upper deck too.

For a beach house you will be re-rolling a lot.

THe boats have more open space option and can wall off areas if needed, but I want a garden. The real reason is I work in Galveston Texas across the street from the ocean. Im burned out of ocean, I want the feel of a lake or mountains with trees. It diverts me from life. I do have a mako yacht I take peopel out on and jsut go to the rex spot in that case, i think it would barely fit in the slip. IF we have 500 prim I would do a boat huse, so I can have the interior of the yacht rezzed

On 5/1/2019 at 3:07 AM, anthonytorino said:

I have no interest in the boat house, just want a traditional house, either near beach or near mountains would be best. Not going to take someones boathouse they could have jsut to have something. I will abandon it for a regualr anyway, so Ill let someone else have a boat house instead. 

I think you will get a house without much problems, several of those who have a house now, will abandon it and try for a boat. Since you are not dead set for a beach location, there are no real mountains here, but you should be able to find something on a hill.

For me, I have a nice home that faces the ocean, but also a double row of houseboats. I did the FPS test you can do in Firestorm, ctrl + shift + 3, and found out that when I turn to face the boats, my frame rates drop from green to yellow.

So if you can, for you the inland river would be the perfect place.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Odaks said:

Well, JUST LIKE LAST TIME (a reminder there) everyone has the same chance :D.  I think the houseboats will be easy enough to get (again for those paying attention)--- IF people aren't terribly picky. If they start rerolling to get a better spot then they may lose out. I can't imagine anyone giving up a beachfront house for a houseboat (well we know where MY choices lie) but I did see a really nice beach lot that still hadn't been occupied so I guess it is a possibility.  I know at least two people who are trusting that "I" will inform them. LOL.

It will certainly be interesting watching the race. 

To be FAIR, some of the folks that signed up on the Update post may have lost interest again by now.  Happens. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Reeeally hope it doesn't happen tomorrow. I won't be home for half the day. Doctor's appointment.

If it does though, good luck to those looking to get one!

Take your notebook or your phone with you if you can. You do not need to be IN SL to grab a houseboat. You only need to have access to the website. Even a library would work LOL.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Take your notebook or your phone with you if you can. You do not need to be IN SL to grab a houseboat. You only need to have access to the website. Even a library would work LOL.   

I don't have a tablet, notebook, or smart phone(still using a flip).

I live in the early 2000's when it comes to handheld electronics.

Edited by s2Pandora
Omitted rest because no point in it

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

I don't have a tablet, notebook, or smart phone(still using a flip).

I live in the early 2000's when it comes to handheld electronics.

I am one of the VERY select few that has no cell phone. THAT is on purpose LOL.    Hopefully timing will be good for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Excellent advice! Thanks for that. ❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Odaks said:

but is it too hopeful to think that supply might just satisfy demand this time

I highly doubt it.  From my rough count, they'll be releasing another 650-700 houseboats. The first batch was just shy of 700 and they were pretty much all taken within 12 hours after release.   While they might not all get grabbed quite as quick, I think they will still be completely taken within a day or so, no more than 1/2 week at best.  I know there are also some folks that want to get a houseboat with an alt account, but are intentionally waiting until the mass demand settled a bit.  Those folks will likely nab anything left after the initial rush - if there is anything left after the initial rush.

The good news for folks that want houses is that there will definitely be quite a few folks giving up their house to get a houseboat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

650-700 houseboats.

695. I counted and added twice a couple of days ago and posted. So likely that is VERY close. Only counted slips with houseboats, not empties :D

There are still empties on Bellisseria so some I guess just don't get used (ambiance?  LOL)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

695. I counted and added twice a couple of days ago and posted. So likely that is VERY close. Only counted slips with houseboats, not empties :D

There are still empties on Bellisseria so some I guess just don't get used (ambiance?  LOL)

Was the 695 the count of what has already been released or the count from the new batch that they will be releasing?   I was thinking, for some reason, that it was the count of already released houseboats.  However, now I'm thinking I got it wrong initially and it is the count of the upcoming batch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.