holding my proceed credit

mariakhan9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hey all  i need a help,    linden lab  hold my process credit   they send a email  and  want verified information  like my  national id card or like that   i have my id card  but a problem here when my account created i was use my neck name that name  don,t have  my national id card , i was also changed my nick name by real name from second life viewer but still show  thsi  website  nick name  now my question  they  will accepted  my national id card with my rl name   ?   spite showed  my nick name  

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mariakhan9 said:

hey all  i need a help,    linden lab  hold my process credit   they send a email  and  want verified information  like my  national id card or like that   i have my id card  but a problem here when my account created i was use my neck name that name  don,t have  my national id card , i was also changed my nick name by real name from second life viewer but still show  thsi  website  nick name  now my question  they  will accepted  my national id card with my rl name   ?   spite showed  my nick name  

You have to prove who you are in real life so they need your real name ID card before they will process credit.  You can explain to LL all about your nickname when you reply to them with a copy of your ID

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you used a name other than your own Real Life name when you registered for Second Life, you're in trouble.  You'll need to verify your identity with LL and convince them that you are you.

If by "nickname" you mean your Second Life user name or Display Name...they already know those, and they aren't important for a Process Credit transaction.

• Thanks 1

well look show my name show here mariakhan  but its not my rl  name  i changed  it at sl viewer  so there show rl name with my avatar  and  here also some place like marketplace show my rl name but support ticket   and  this  forum and some area show  still this nick name  i think u understand 

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you used a name other than your own Real Life name when you registered for Second Life, you're in trouble.  You'll need to verify your identity with LL and convince them that you are you.

If by "nickname" you mean your Second Life user name or Display Name...they already know those, and they aren't important for a Process Credit transaction.

i din,t know here need original id card  so i was used nick name when create account     but i am change it display  my rl name  but here and  support ticket   and  this  forum and some area show  still this nick name my nick name is mariakhan that show here 

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

YOU SHOULD NEVER USE YOUR REAL LIFE NAME ANYWHERE IN SECOND LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they want my national  id card or like that  there have my rl name  they will accepted it ? i am very worried  if show they my nickname  ?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mariakhan9 said:

they want my national  id card or like that  there have my rl name  they will accepted it ? i am very worried  if show they my nickname  ?

They want proof of who the real person is behind the nickname before they will process your credit.  This is for tax/fraud/other reasons before they will let you take REAL money out of second life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

i don't get it i think... as far i know you don't sign up with your name, only birthdate ... so if you messed that up you'rin trouble, but otherwise just send in the ID they ask and you'r ready.

yes it is  i use nick name when signup   

3 minutes ago, mariakhan9 said:

yes it is  i use nick name when signup   

The only place you actually specify any sort of name when signing up is when you choose your account / avatar name -- and that should NOT be your real name anyway.  The only "real" information you give when signing up is your birthday, an email address, and possibly a security question answer.  Therefore, LL truly does not already have ANY Real Life name on you yet, so just go ahead and give them a copy of the ID that they are asking for.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey mariakhan9!

In order to keep your personal information private we strongly encourage you to not put any real life information in your Display Name. This includes your Real Life name. I have gone ahead and changed your display name to keep that information private since it can be seen publicly.

You only need to provide the information that was requested of you in the email or support ticket that you currently have open. It is not necessary for your account name or your display name to match any real life documents or forms of identification. If any further information is required it will be requested through email or support ticket.

If you have any questions or concerns about this information request you may respond to your case and the agent working your case will be able to assist you further. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

Is there a way for someone to change their avatar name (not just the display name) if they inadvertently chose their real name initially?  (I mean, other than getting a brand new avatar).  Can they file a ticket with LL?

You can always file a ticket, but it is unlikely they will change it for you. Sometime / soon (this year or next or....) they will offer the ability to change your avatar name.  However, you will have to be a Premium member and pay a change-name fee (various talks have indicate it will likely cost somewhere around US $25 range).

I have just had a friend in SL get married irl,  they are about as old as I am, we had to use our real names back then,  she's very confused why LL does not have the feature to update our names that we had stored?    anybody got a clue?  otherwise i'm going to ship her over to the help desk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.