Disable looking through walls

Toolinator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Solar Legion said:

The specific use case was stated a bit ago and from phrasing precludes visitors.

Perfect case when two people read the same information and yet don't come away with the same understanding. In any case, both use cases are outlined here and he can decide which one actually fits his desired result.

9 hours ago, Toolinator said:

Set the whole estate as a no fly zone (can I make the whole estate no teleport as well? )

No fly won't work, it's trivially bypassed. Yes, you can block teleports.

Enable the option in region control that says "Prevent Overfly" then the ban lines go effectively to infinity (more like 4096, but it's as good as)

add an orb that bans anyone over 4096, there is no need to be higher then this.

But even this is not perfect. Anyone who teleports into a region can see into privacy protected parcels for about 1.5 seconds.

9 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Barely anything renders in 1.5 seconds. I don't think anyone could cam anywhere and expect to see anything. I've never heard of the prevent overfly. I think I'll check it out.

I do agree that something like a skybox would be hard to cam into.. but I have seen this happen at least once a month in my travels on the grid. The most likely time you would see it is if you've parceled off the adult's bedroom in a family home. People who enter the unparceled parts of the family home will see those in the bedroom before the house rezzes/parcel flags are downloaded. It's only 1.5 seconds (I guess depending on your network's bandwidth).  If you've cached these people they are fully there and naked.

As to the other, I got the words wrong it's "block parcel flyover" on the region tab. That does extend ban-lines from ground to 4096 meters.

In case you didn't know...

That's a cartoon character on your screen that you're moving around. It's not actually you.

This is basically just a cartoon simulation game with a chat bar attached. Or a chat bar with a cartoon simulator attached...

What does it matter if it's nude, clothed, has a cat head, or 3 arms, running explicit cartoon animations, or whatever... as long as it's not wearing a red MAGA hat, it's all good. :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's a cartoon character on your screen that you're moving around. It's not actually you.

This is basically just a cartoon simulation game with a chat bar attached. Or a chat bar with a cartoon simulator attached...

What does it matter if it's nude, clothed, has a cat head, or 3 arms, running explicit cartoon animations, or whatever... as long as it's not wearing a red MAGA hat, it's all good. :P

Really?

16 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This is both true, and false.  Many of us are able to "immerse"...to feel that our avatars are, in some sense, ourselves, and to experience emotional responses to things that happen to our avatars...like peeping toms looking in at us.  Others never immerse, and are always sitting back there behind their monitors with a sense of detachment.  Quite a few of us are able to switch back and forth between these two viewpoints.  That's a very useful trick when something disturbing happens.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Considering that this person is sharing this estate with his RL family members, wife and adult children, who are scattered geographically and can't be together, as a way for his family to spend quality time together, your response is rather callous if not disturbing. I hope you didn't actually read the thread and made the commit unwittingly.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.