MP feature i just noticed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can now  search the purchased   items as well, plus there is a redelivery feature their, so very easy to find that lost item and get another one.   My thought is that with all this in teh MP, why would anyone want   to  buy in world?

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

You can now  search the purchased   items as well, plus there is a redelivery feature their, so very easy to find that lost item and get another one.   My thought is that with all this in teh MP, why would anyone want   to  buy in world?

I've been seriously thinking about closing my in-world shop. I can't think of a good reason to keep paying tier to keep it.

23 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've been seriously thinking about closing my in-world shop. I can't think of a good reason to keep paying tier to keep it.

I get it, I lucked out and my  landlord gave me  a  killer deal,  which she won't change now since she made a promise,   but if i wasn't getting it so cheep I would  close  down as well.

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

For clothing and other "demo-able" items - sure, aside of events and a few stores that don't have MP at all (for their own personal reasons) I usually buy on MP. But most if not all rezzable things (unless they are almost free, like <50L$) I only buy after seeing what it is in-world. If it's a decor or landscape stuff, then I want to check textures, triangles (I don't need some light mesh, quite the opposite, but some items I saw are just insane, like 900k triangles for some small decor), If it's a building, then I want to test the above plus check if it has some physics issues, if it's a furniture, I want to check the animations on top of the look. And if I already teleported to in-world store and they have a vendor nearby, then if I decided I need this item I'll most likely buy it right there.

I do sell a few mesh cottages and have a rezzer on site for people to demo the houses before buying, but I've considered selling a demo where people can rez on their own property or in a sandbox. I'm still up in the air about what to do. I doubt I will give up my land completely so I will still have the tier, but instead of using it for a shop I would use it for building and personal use rather than displaying merchandise.

10 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Holy Moley!! I just noticed this for the very first time. Apparently they actually listened to us and popped a "You bought this item on" header to things we have already bought! Now hopefully they will add the, date item was listed, date creator was last inworld, and LI to items.. 

2311474fa68c882cc66da022a8b8685f.png

If you read through the thread that Blush linked, you'll see that there are a few bugs with this feature.  Once you pull up an item that you have previously purchased, that banner will *sometimes* carry over to future pages whether applicable or not.  Also, if you add anything to your cart or do the Buy Now option and get all the way to the final payment page, but then don't actually finish the purchase, it will forever show the banner on the item(s) as if you completed the purchase.  There may be a few other quirks that others have noticed by now also.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, if you add anything to your cart or do the Buy Now option and get all the way to the final payment page, but then don't actually finish the purchase, it will forever show the banner on the item(s) as if you completed the purchase.  There may be a few other quirks that others have noticed by now also.

Interesting! I wonder if anyone has tested whether or not a redelivery is possible with one of those that show erroneously purchased. I sure hope that's not the case.

34 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Interesting! I wonder if anyone has tested whether or not a redelivery is possible with one of those that show erroneously purchased. I sure hope that's not the case.

It is reproducable by hitting "related items" which will make it stay around,... it is more like a missing site update, hit F5 for a reload and it poofs after site got updated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Because it is the way I prefer to buy. Half the fun of shopping is "window shopping". 

If all the "physical" stores shut down and it was all MP only, I'd never bother to log in again.

Pay for a demo? Hell NO!

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It never shows up in your purchase history, so you can't do a redelivery.  It just keeps showing the "you purchased' banner on the item.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Talligurl said:

with all this in teh MP, why would anyone want   to  buy in world?

I do 99.5% of my shopping inworld.  I love popping around to the various stores.  While I do buy a few items from the MP, I find it a much more boring shopping experience.

While I've purchased a few clothing or hair items from the MP over the last couple of year, most of what I've bought from the MP in the last year are my Kittycats and some Gacha animals that I wasn't willing to actually play the Gacha for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do 99.5% of my shopping inworld.  I love popping around to the various stores.  While I do buy a few items from the MP, I find it a much more boring shopping experience.

While I've purchased a few clothing or hair items from the MP over the last couple of year, most of what I've bought from the MP in the last year are my Kittycats and some Gacha animals that I wasn't willing to actually play the Gacha for.

So do I! Honestly, about the only thing I use MP for is gacha shopping. I just don't like shopping the marketplace for normal things. But at least 95% of my sales come from the MP. So, it leaves me wondering why I keep an in-world store. Especially when I want to put out all those cute gacha things I find and simply don't have enough prims available because my shop is using them.

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

But at least 95% of my sales come from the MP. So, it leaves me wondering why I keep an in-world store.

There is of course no way to measure, but the fact that your products can be viewed inworld may be the reason for some of your MP sales.

1 minute ago, Christhiana said:

There is of course no way to measure, but the fact that your products can be viewed inworld may be the reason for some of your MP sales.

My products are just vendor boards. There are no physical models of the products, except for the cottages, and those are not my big sellers. So I don't think that's why. I mostly sell applier stockings and mesh jewelry. Demos are available for the jewelry both in world and on the MP. I've only just started doing demos for the applier items. So honestly, the only reason some come to my shop to purchase is that they belong to my VIP group and they are using store credits. When I had to switch vendor systems the store credits were retained but no new credits are being earned, so even that reason is nearly gone. 

When push comes to shove, and I think I'm going to close the shop and go full MP, I just can't do it. But with the new added features for MP, it's getting more and more appealing, perhaps to the point of being an "offer I just can't refuse". We'll see. :) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.