Need feedback on my new avatar

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

new_1new_2new_3new_4

Ok so I need some feedback on my new avatar. 

Would you change something on it? If yes what. 

If he was hosting a talk show would you watch it?

Would you date with him if you don't know that how is behind him is a total fruit cake?

Edited by Derekmate

46 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

That's an issue of personal preference. So, yes - but to answer your question, no.

47 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Depends on the content of the talk show. I don't base my opinion on whether I'll watch a talk show or not on whether I find the host particularly appealing.

48 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Would you date with him if you don't know that how is behind him is a total fruit cake?

No. Partially because I'm not into men, and partially because I don't date avatars - any relationship I have in SL is with the person behind the screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derekmate said:

new_3

Ok so I need some feedback on my new avatar. 

- I like that you have a bit originality in your facial features. Maybe it is just the angle, that your face is more narrow and the chin not so prominent as many SL men. When I look at you, I see... guy next door in 2019 edition. Approachable, realistic build, nice looking, fit in everywhere. If you want give us that impression by the first look, congratulations.

- Not unless it was something I wanted, I don't think I would swoon so hard that I showed up for just him. But I think you got a good look for a host, not too shabby, yet not looking so special that it is distracting.

- Yes/no. I think if you were to draw attention in a typical dating spot, you should perhaps be more edgy. Stand out a little. You have the good look for going to a class or some nice, general area and chat up someone, make friends and slowly more. But for a one night date? Perhaps you blend in too well.

Edited by Marianne Little
typos

2 hours ago, Derekmate said:

yes i'd change some things, but mainly because it's not how i feel i look, if you feel good this way: don't change! It's simply goodlooking.

Nope i won't look at talkshows for the host, it's about content :) ...and isn't a avatar a bit too?

Date... eh...well.. hmm why not, most fruitcakes are quite tasty, nice i mean.

Yes, I would make the face rounder

I really don't watch talk shows so probably not.

When are you picking me up, and what should I wear?

• Haha 1

Change... when I consider avatar appearance I look at proportions and height. A 6'-6" or 2m tall and taller avatar is not going work well with couples animations, dancing or humping. Shoulders 4 times wider than my hips... just aren't going to work (not your problem). But, these are my preferences. They should only matter to you as a single opinion point in the feedback. 

The guys built like gorilla sized body-builders are scoring with some women. A ripped body is sexy. But, proportion is important to me. You may have a problem with the women with breasts larger than a medium sized blimp aad a butt so wide it won't fit on a couch... I do. But, some people like it like that.

As others have written, your personal preference is the deciding factor.

However, if you are looking to hook up what others think matters. So, we have articles floating around in the SL blogosphere and here in the forum about avatar proportions. Look for Penny Patton's posts and articles for excellent thinking on proportions.

On 1/26/2019 at 2:55 PM, Derekmate said:

Its not meant as harsh as it sounds, but i wouldnt date anyone who is needlessly insecure about himself.
I recommend you to slide the shape sliders until your mouse pad starts to smoke. Just stop, when you are completely satisfied with the result. You need to like the way you are. That will reflect on other users. No need to change the angle of your forehead, just because someone else thinks its too steep at the moment.

I think your avatar looks good! The body proportions make me think tall and lanky. Clothing choices are nice. The face and hair have a certain uniqueness to them.  A bit rogueish. Overall, it shows a good understanding of SL avatar design and maybe just a touch of narcissism. 😀

Thank you all for your feedback. 

P.S.: Just to be clear I don't want to date that was just an example . 

7 hours ago, norajulian said:

I’m going to need to see a butt photo before answering these questions. 

I'm not just a piece of virtual meat. So no. 

7 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I think your avatar looks good! The body proportions make me think tall and lanky. Clothing choices are nice. The face and hair have a certain uniqueness to them.  A bit rogueish. Overall, it shows a good understanding of SL avatar design and maybe just a touch of narcissism. 😀

181 cm and more then a touch. 

3 hours ago, Derekmate said:

I'm not just a piece of virtual meat. So no.

Unclench, plz. 

For proportion judgement, sitting really doesn’t help us. Also, you’re heavily clothed and wearing layers that also doesn’t help. The singular angle ALSO doesn’t help. 

It was a joke. You asked about dating which DOES include butts and now you’ve ruined my fun. :( You aren’t my flavor anyway, tiger. ;) 

Edited by norajulian
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.