Mods Please

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You CANNOT have anything savoury with scones. That includes gravy and other savoury foods that have been mentioned. This is civilisation we're talking about, and civilisation has never, does not, and never will include savoury anything with scones.

You can have them with butter, butter and jam, butter jam and cream, even with butter and Golden Syrup, be NEVER EVER with anything savoury.

ETA: calling them biscuits (a total misnomer) is not an excuse.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phorumities said:

So, let the mods make a new rule, "absolutely NO political posts"

And that includes making snide comments about America AND attacking President Trump.

Because rest assured, if that becomes the rule, I'll report every leftist post  I see

Please use the proper term not your propaganda terms - you know this thread is only about you, right?

What you do right now again (even in a thread that is asking how your behaviour always seems to stay below the radar) is agitating - you know the proper word but refuse to use it and use an insulting one instead - hoping to get an reaction. That is skirting the framework set by the rules on purpose (As is your practice of having an alt to get a blank warning points list again).

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Ethan, you need a forum avatar title. Something other then the default "Advanced Member"

What if he has one of those advanced members.  

Ok you made me derail and get naughty Callum!

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Here, scones look like this (with or without icing and fruit).

C5482FE1-4A91-446D-9D1E-69F8AB374936.jpeg

Sorry. Those ones look horrible, love. They would be as hard as bricks! Chewy.

Devonshire tea (Scones, jam and cream) are more like this, I guess. Cut the scone in half, a big dollop of strawberry jam, and a big dollop of clotted cream.

857903747_download(69).jpeg.23dfafcb68f1d3264a8928474e783973.jpeg

The result:

1322686581_devonshiretea1.jpg.38fb4e631eaa5ba6f72242e333d748e4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

You CANNOT have anything savoury with scones. That includes gravy and other savoury foods that have been mentioned. This is civilisation we're talking about, and civilisation has never, does not, and never will include savoury anything with scones.

You can have them with butter, butter and jam, butter jam and cream, even with butter and Golden Syrup, be NEVER EVER with anything savoury.

ETA: calling them biscuits (a total misnomer) is not an excuse.

I agree totally with Phil. *makes note*

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sorry. Those ones look horrible, love. They would be as hard as bricks! Chewy.

Devonshire tea (Scones, jam and cream) are more like this, I guess. Cut the scone in half, a big dollop of strawberry jam, and a big dollop of clotted cream.

857903747_download(69).jpeg.23dfafcb68f1d3264a8928474e783973.jpeg

The result:

1322686581_devonshiretea1.jpg.38fb4e631eaa5ba6f72242e333d748e4.jpg

They are softer than they look. Your scones look like our biscuits, of course.

On the matter of scones, nothing beats a freshly baked scone from the oven with strawberry jam and clotted cream. The cream must be from a tray with the crust still intact. That's the only way.........

On the matter of US politics, being in the UK means I only see what makes the news. The strength of feeling I've seen here recently is astonishing. I had no idea that feelings ran so high. 

But then again, I use other forums and spats like these are unfortunately common. The subject can be anything but the pattern is always the same. I work on the simple basis that getting the last word on a forum is impossible, so I keep out of most arguments. Not knowing much about certain things helps!

That's me done. The scones are nearly ready......?  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I work on the simple basis that getting the last word on a forum is impossible, so I keep out of most arguments. 

I wonder what might happen if everyone else took a variation of this approach and abandoned threads as soon as those who can't let arguments go start up again. Would it starve them of attention? Would they get bored with each other? Would the problem they're creating become clearer to the Lindens?

• Like 4

• Moderators

It's that time again. No, not for the Wheel of Morality, but for this thread to be locked.

Reasons this thread is being locked:

• Discussion of moderation
  • Thread derailment (scones are great and all, but they don't have anything to do with this topic)
  • Topic is vaguely abusive (creating a thread to discuss another thread isn't necessary)
  • Misrepresentation of policy (which causes confusion)

Now that last one requires a little clarification, because it seems some only saw this post:

which was interpreted as a blanket ban on all political discussions. Kristin Linden later clarified with the following post:

I want to reiterate the final portion of her clarifying statement on the matter:

we just ask that you follow the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines and be mindful of what you post.

We try out best to not hinder any productive discussions and we certainly don't want anyone to feel super restricted on the forums, however we will step in if things start to get out of hand. 

And her final word on the matter: Be excellent to each other and Party on dudes (in gif form). So, there you go. If you think there are posts or treads that violate the directive, shoot us a report, and we'll look into it.

Points to some of you that already noted this clarification, and one of you who emphasized that actions are being taken, but that, as a policy, we do not discuss what those actions are and against whom they have been taken as a matter of privacy. You go, Glenn Coco.

Edited by Jagix Linden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.