You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Over in the trans thread, Phorumities expressed sympathy for trans people, wishing they could live as they wish. I don't get the sense she doesn't see oppression, or wish it gone, but that she sees it differently, sees more culpability amongst the oppressed, and believes minimal government involvement will produce better results. I see Kanry in the same way. There is ample evidence that government involvement, and reckless advocacy, don't help.

Well as I only see Luna when she is quoted I will reply to Maddies post

Luna I have never once talked about white oppression / overreaction cases find a quote to prove me wrong

For your information I am a legally recognised ethnic minority and I see the problems first hand that doesnt stop me believing that a lot of those that play the racism card do it inappropriately either as a way to block debate or to progress their own career

The former is usually done by the middle class virtue signalling sjw type that is intent of showing how "right on" they are and add nothing but noise before they swan off back to their mostly middle class white neighbourhoods. This perhaps wrongly is how you come across to me.

I said it before and I say it again, I believe in equality, I just reject the idea that we shouldn't discuss issues within individual communities and their impact and to do so in inherently racist. That is the same whether the community is black, white, brown, green with white dots

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

For your information I am a legally recognised ethnic minority and I see the problems first hand that doesnt stop me believing that a lot of those that play the racism card do it inappropriately either as a way to block debate or to progress their own career

I should point out that my black neighbor, the one who was accused of stealing a box of papers by a white soccer mom as he loaded it into his $60K Lexus while wearing a $1K suit, is a republican who voted for Trump and is likely to do so again.

He and his family have a standing invitation to dinner in my home once my remodeling is complete. The topic will be "How the hell does a guy like you vote for a guy like him?!".

We're are all truly looking forward to dinner. We greatly enjoy the discussions we often have (and I am truly not making this up) in the middle of our road.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

I didn't change anything on the original list. The only thing i did was ad the logs of the conversation. 

Also I didn't expect you to read this forum all the time. Im not the type to change the original post on a forum. So please calm down

Your addition of the log changed the sense of what you posted completely.  Before that you said "I can't remember the exact words that lead up to this, but he said I shouldn't make a black avatar because I am white in RL. Said it was the same as doing black face."  A bald statement.  It was that to which I responded, and others agreed.  Now that you've expanded on your posting with the actual words you've made us all look like insensitive jerks.  So don't tell me to calm down, lady.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I should point out that my black neighbor, the one who was accused of stealing a box of papers by a white soccer mom as he loaded it into his $60K Lexus while wearing a $1K suit, is a republican who voted for Trump and is likely to do so again.

He and his family have a standing invitation to dinner in my home once my remodeling is complete. The topic will be "How the hell does a guy like you vote for a guy like him?!".

We're are all truly looking forward to dinner. We greatly enjoy the discussions we often have (and I am truly not making this up) in the middle of our road.

It would be a lot better world if we all just made our judgements on how the person is rather than what he is. I don't see this happening in my lifetime as too many have an interest in keeping the divisions running and that applies equally to both sides of the debate on race, religion, politics. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Over in the trans thread, Phorumities expressed sympathy for trans people, wishing they could live as they wish. I don't get the sense she doesn't see oppression, or wish it gone, but that she sees it differently, sees more culpability amongst the oppressed, and believes minimal government involvement will produce better results. I see Kanry in the same way. There is ample evidence that government involvement, and reckless advocacy, don't help.

With my comment to Phor & Kanry I was speaking to racial injustice and not Trans injustice.

I have a hard time thinking someone who constantly brags about using Confederate flags (in both RL & SL) has any sympathy for blacks, knowing how this causes pain for blacks, especially those who live in the south. P is only concerned about P in this instance with his right to wave a flag. I won't go into detail about P's banning over using derogatory names to denote blacks, but yes for sure I can't comprehend that P sees or understands racial oppression in the least.

I see from your comment that YOU believe in minimal government, and believe there is ample evidence that goverment involvment and reckless advocacy don't help though. And from other threads I noted that you aren't particularly fond of social movements too (you've expressed doubt these movements help due to the backlashes). I hope you don't set me on fire for real when I tell you that I think the reason you aren't fond of groups that fight oppression or really understand them is PARTIALLY because you've never experienced enough oppression to feel a need for it.

The thing is, who decides what is reckless advocacy, and where is your ample evidence that government involvement never helps the situation? My impression is that it works to a degree, kind of reins in those who are basically lemmings, possibly makes them behave enough due to the punishment that would ensue if blacks are lynched on the streets as in times past. This is possibly the best we can hope for, and I'll accept the collateral damage.
But government affecting a change of heart? Probably not. However if enough people in society see that others view racial slurs and oppression against blacks as wrong and so there's far less of it, does that matter if they aren't able to create a true change of heart in everyone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

The former is usually done by the middle class virtue signalling sjw type that is intent of showing how "right on" they are and add nothing but noise before they swan off back to their mostly middle class white neighbourhoods. This perhaps wrongly is how you come across to me.

Kanry, these words you use..."virtue signaling, social justice warriors".....these are words the alt-right uses to keep minorities in their place. Assigning blame to the middle class is often mentioned in this far-right ideology as well.

I don't doubt there are insincere people on wacky forums pretending they care about issues when they don't, and get an ego charge telling others they are racists just so they feel superior. But I am not that -- I've expressed here what is up with me, I am a person who studied these issues in college and worked in the field, talk to Social Worker friends, have had plenty of experiences in RL where I felt oppressed myself, and have a lot of empathy for marginalized groups and the suffering they endure.

* would appreciate if someone quoted me here since Kanry blocked me yet keeps talking to me through other people.

Edited by Luna Bliss

7 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Putting the lid on a boiling pot isn't going to stop it from boiling over if you don't turn the heat down.

Nice metaphor :)

How do we turn down the heat though, when Trump is escalating it so. I fear that if the left de-escalates Trump will have us gunning down the "evil caravan coming to take over our country".

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Your addition of the log changed the sense of what you posted completely.  Before that you said "I can't remember the exact words that lead up to this, but he said I shouldn't make a black avatar because I am white in RL. Said it was the same as doing black face."  A bald statement.  It was that to which I responded, and others agreed.  Now that you've expanded on your posting with the actual words you've made us all look like insensitive jerks.  So don't tell me to calm down, lady.

I didn't do it to make you all look like jerks.  I would have included the logs from the get go, but I didn't even know if I still had them. And i have every right to tell you to calm down when you're going off on me about something

Edited by IvyLarae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.