You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nobody is blaming you personally...or even "the white race". It's simply a fact that whites have had the advantage in the U.S., and they still benefit from this historical advantage to a degree.

You kinda are, no one is blaming the whites, but they have had the advantage and still benefit from it? That sentence totally contradicts itself. I don't have any historical advantage, and I'm white. I don't have any sort of advantages.

You do have advantages -- you're just not aware of them. White people generally aren't aware of the privileges conferred upon them -- they are kind of hard to suss out, and different for each individual.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

You do have advantages -- you're just not aware of them. White people generally aren't aware of the privileges conferred upon them -- they are kind of hard to suss out, and different for each individual.

Oh my god, stop being so damn racist against white people. You talk about racism as it is so bad, yet here you are, doing the same thing, that you say there is a problem with.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm on disability, for crying out loud, I depend on social assistance. How is that privileged? Stop putting whites under one umbrella, and realize we too, are individuals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, so you don’t believe in White Privilege? I’m not sure about White Guilt, either.

No, I don't, I am not privileged whatsoever. I live in a lower income area.

I don't have a lot of money either, but I realize that my parents probably were able to get the jobs they did due to keeping some blacks down...not allowing them into the higher paying jobs at that time. This enabled me to go to college and this affected many experiences in my life, some economic.

The teachers probably treated me better and expected more from me as a white girl (as opposed to how SOME teachers think certain black students are hopeless and destined for the ghetto).

I could go on and on really....white people have had advantages many blacks did not receive.

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm on disability, for crying out loud, I depend on social assistance. How is that privileged? Stop putting whites under one umbrella, and realize we too, are individuals. 

Halebore, you are the one making this all about you. You create the reference, and I follow.

Should we talk about whites as a group now? Go back to that reference?

I don't have a lot of money either, but I realize that my parents probably were able to get the jobs they did due to keeping some blacks down...not allowing them into the higher paying jobs at that time. This enabled me to go to college and this affected many experiences in my life, some economic.

The teachers probably treated me better and expected more from me as a white girl (as opposed to how SOME teachers think certain black students are hopeless and destined for the ghetto).

I could go on and on really....white people have had advantages many blacks did not receive.

Again you are putting yourself, and your parents under this vile umbrella. I am against racism, and I won't tolerate it, at all. So stop saying that we as whites are holding anyone down. I resent that, I despise that, and again, I will not tolerate racism of any sort. This is disgusting, that we have gotten to this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, janetosilio said:

Soooo....when we lockin’ this?

Hey you still here? When I outed Phorumities like u did earlier, as his other alt that used to torment us here ,cause it felt deceptive, and it's freaking irritating how he makes these alts to continue to push his far-right philosophy on us -- well I was banned from the forum for a day!

Halebore, you are the one making this all about you. You create the reference, and I follow.

I am done with you, I cannot stand a person like you. I am not gonna sit here, and let you tell me, that I or you, or anyone else is a problem simply because we are white. I find it vile and repulsive and won't stand for it. 

• Haha 1

Hey you still here? When I outed Phorumities like u did earlier, as his other alt that used to torment us here ,cause it felt deceptive, and it's freaking irritating how he makes these alts to continue to push his far-right philosophy on us -- well I was banned from the forum for a day!

You are doing the exact same thing. So that is the pot, calling the kettle black.

• Haha 1

Just now, halebore Aeon said:
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

You are doing the exact same thing. So that is the pot, calling the kettle black.

I see both sides while Phorumities only sees his (all the individuals responsibility).

Individual vs society -- both are responsible for a healthy society.

41 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I say we are all humans and should treat each other as such. But either side doesn't seem to want to do that.

18 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But there is a big difference, in blaming history, and the white race for a problem. I resent that, notion, as I had nothing to do with what happened to anyone, in history.

11 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

No, they blame all whites. Past and present, using words like White Privilege, and White guilt.

10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Oh my god, stop being so damn racist against white people. You talk about racism as it is so bad, yet here you are, doing the same thing, that you say there is a problem with.

Do you not see the contradictions in your own words? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am done with you, I cannot stand a person like you. I am not gonna sit here, and let you tell me, that I or you, or anyone else is a problem simply because we are white. I find it vile and repulsive and won't stand for it. 

You are not a problem because you are white, you are a problem because......well I better not say lest I be banned..

• Thanks 1

You know, I tried to stay out of this because of the ridiculous right wing intellectual dishonesty, but um...if you honestly think racism ended with affirmative action or there magically isn’t a disparity between blacks and whites in the US you need your head examined. Quite frankly, you’re living in a bubble.

The straw manning in this thread is ridiculous and a little appalling.

Please vote tomorrow Americans so this kind of rhetoric can go back under a rock where it belongs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, Luna Bliss said:

~~~~~~~~~~
Nalatas, just because society has arrived at a place where making fun of people of other races, LGBTQ people, disabled people, and other marginalized/minority people is looked down on, and sometimes mistakes are made when critcizing others for perceived infractions, this does not mean there is no value in society attempting to correct those who are acting in bigoted ways. You are labeling this as 'Political Correctness", while I label it as 'treating people with respect'.
Yes, it's going to get abused sometimes, and misused by politicians to achieve political goals, but that does not mean this refreshing era permeating society with the notion that it is NOT OK to belittle others who are different should be abolished. Nor does it HAVE to mean that people can't still examine their own ethics.

I understand the annoyance. It's happened to me, just earlier on this forum. I posted a pic of an overweight woman (or man, not sure) in an ugly conservative flag dress, as Phorumities SL house with its Conferderate paraphanalia was apparently under attack from neighbors who had canons (I think) pointed at him. Above the pic I wrote "Help Is On The Way". Someone then accused me of "fat shaming". Yes, it's annoying, but I'd rather someone confront me mistakingly than take away this newfound respect people have for others who are different or disadvantaged.

Another annoying incident. I posted a poem I was beginning, named "Jewish Guard @ The Gas House", and the context of this poem was my perception that some who had less power (the guards) in the situation were buddying up with the most powerful in order to obtain favors (suck ups). A common dynamic, expressed in the poem title.  But someone accused me of being a racist (I guess because I mentioned Jews, who knows!).

Still, please, stop trying to shut this down with your nasty labels (political correctness). People are trying to find their way, and overall it's a good thing. 

My primary point is how PC is a manifestation of the conditioning and sophisticated propaganda campaigns in play now and over the decades. PC is a tool for manipulation. I believe the conditioning is WAY apparent in your last sentence. You accuse me of trying to shut down the conversation here and using nasty labels. Society has named things and those nouns are just nouns. We use those nouns so we can communicate efficiently. What you infer into them is different from what I imply and state. But, you didn't question yourself on what you were thinking about me and what I meant. The main impetus for many inferences is the conditioning present in society.

I state my opinions and bolster them with facts and links to more information to encourage thinking. I am not sure how you see that as shutting down a conversation. You pop up and want me to be silent and you label what I say. Where did that behavior come from? Isn't that the behavior you call an annoyance? My point has been most people don't realize where they learned their behaviors, the propaganda and ideology that taught it to them, and thus cannot protect themselves from manipulation and engage in behaviors without thinking.

A new found respect for others... I don't believe there is any NEW FOUND respect. Where are you seeing it?

I talk with my dad about his perception of what is happening in regard to respect. He thinks the level of interpersonal respect demonstrated by his peers it totally lacking from my generation. I pretty much have to agree with him. The Ford vs Kavanaugh is a primary example. There are now lawsuits against her attornies for abuse of their client. A major portion of society went with 'guilty-until-proven-innocent' from an allegation with no collaboration, which I think shows the effect of the various plans to break down American values. Innocent-until-proven-guilty is a basic American foundational principal.

In your first paragraph the idea I am attempting to stop people from saying something when they see misbehavior or abuse of others is just wrong. You missed the point... or decided to spin as an attack. My point is, repeating, PCness is a tool used to replace people's conscience. Propaganda conditioning is changing what we think and overriding people conscience and innate sense of right and wrong.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

PC is a tool for manipulation.

Natalas, did you ever stop to think that there always has been proscriptions from society telling its members how to behave? From the time we pop out of the womb we are inundated with the expectations of society, albeit much of this conditioning goes on at an unconscious/subconscious level.
This "PC" inhibition you rail against is simply society saying it is wrong to treat the minority as 2nd class citizens. Isn't this a good thing? For society to now look down on certain behaviors that disadvantage members of society? Isn't it a positive thing for someone to correct a child when he tries to denigrate whatever he dislikes with the comment "oh that's so GAY"? To tell him he's making a mistake?
Or when someone makes a racist joke or fat-shames isn't it good for someone to interrupt and say "how rude!" ?

What you fear as this 'taking over society and causing them to relinquish a sense of right and wrong' is simply a new norm in what society expects of its citizens! And it's been a long time coming.

I do believe, that the 'right' has tried to label this new norm as bad because they want to keep things as they are. And so they say these people who are trying to change things are exhibiting this "horrible" manifestation of 'political correctness'.

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

yeah there's a lot of jobs out there, right?

You think they still live there. Many do have homes there. Some with dirt floors. But, most live in Beaty, Tonapaw, Tahoe, and Las Vegas. No one makes them live on the reseravation. And most don't.

There are many experiments done in the Social Sciences with results available online (sometimes behind paywalls). Often they reference compiled statistics by various agencies. Always good to fact check as much as one can.

How do you know what agenda those organizations have? Why do you think they would be any more honest than bureaucrats? 

Do you think raw government data can't be fact checked?

1 minute ago, Nalates Urriah said:

There are many experiments done in the Social Sciences with results available online (sometimes behind paywalls). Often they reference compiled statistics by various agencies. Always good to fact check as much as one can.

How do you know what agenda those organizations have? Why do you think they would be any more honest than bureaucrats? 

Do you think raw government data can't be fact checked?

ummm...I never said that...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.