Mini-Blind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mini blind for my house Several months ago. Recently I installed as  mini- blind on one of my windows. the problem I'm having is that it cannot be Manipulated or edited And It cannot be removed from the window. Every time you try to go into it to remove it Or change it The entire house lights up instead. I have tried everything 2 Get rid of this mini blind. Even if it says You can change it all the buttons are grayed out For anything That has an option. I am considering Abandoning the house because I don't like that look.

Boat_001.jpg

When I've had a curtain or blinds that I wasn't able to edit, it's been because the window part of the house was thicker than I realized, and the blind ended up inside the window object part of the house.  With the Firestorm viewer, an area search can be done on the blinds object and then you can highlight it in the list, right click on it and then choose 'edit' or 'return'.  (Edit will make it so that have the arrows to move it out of the window).  Alternatively, you could try to zoom in very, very close with the cursor, and then click on it to go into edit mode. 

• Like 6

It sounds as though the blind might be lodged inside the physics mesh (the invisible bit that mesh builders add in to allow you to go inside and move around).  If it is then you'll be constantly clicking on the house itself.  You'll either need very careful camming to get hold of the blind or you could try an Area Search on all the objects nearby.  If you find the blind in the list you can edit it from there.  I only know the Firestorm viewer, where you can find Area Search in the drop-down list under World on the top menu.  Sorry, I have no idea if that's in the official viewer.  Perhaps someone else can say if it is.

If you can't manage the camming yourself and you know someone you trust you could give them edit rights to let them try to move it out for you.  I'd be willing to try it for you as I've just been editing a house with the same problem, but of course you don't know me so I don't expect you to ask. :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Typo.
  • Like 4

Your blinds are most probably inside of an invisible prim or mesh structure.

Can be a challenge for a non builder to select it then. 

- Just move your camera close (almost 0 distance at flat angle) and select it (is not hard with some practice)

- or derender the house and whatever is in the way, then you can easily select the blinds (not with LL viewer)

- or go to build/pathfinding and get a list of all objects
  filter for your objects and sort by distance, should get you to the blinds in front of you quickly and you can select it

It still amazes me that after nearly 15 years I am still learning things in SL everyday. I've used the area search for years and years. It's one of my favorite tools, but somehow I missed the fact that you could right click on an object and edit it from that box. So thanks for enlightening an old timer. That's great news!

@Blush Bravin That's very similar in nature to something I discovered 2 days ago. After using a mouse with a middle button/wheel, for more years than I care to remember, I suddenly remembered that the middle button/wheel used to be useful and I wondered what it would do now. So I clicked it and found that moving the mouse itself scrolls the page up and down. So very basic, and yet such a very long time to notice it.

I just use a single prim and put a window blind texture on it. I set the sun to shine through and cast striped shadows inside the room. I added a script to resize the blinds as if it was being pulled up and down. It was one feature of my skybox that I actually used quite often to change the lighting.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.