Plum face

Garnet Psaltery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tari. Surely it's not necessary to state the years in every post. Stating it a few times should be sufficient for it to be understood. If you imagine that any of what I've said about it applies to what happens now, then show me please. I may have said something like, "maybe it still is", but that sort of wording implies that the focus is on 'back then'. Streuth!

The only thing I've said that isn't true is that the meaning of torturing a prim 'back then' was the meaning that I described. I was soon put right about that, and I accepted it immediately. There were two meanings of it. There's no point in you continuing to argue. Everyone is on the same page, so there's nothing to argue about. Maybe just for the sake of arguing is a reason, but it's not a valid reason, and I stopped doing that many years ago. Perhaps you'd like to join me :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's not normal at all. I don't understand how you could possibly be confused about it. Rez a sphere, get it in edit, and, if you are not offered the choice, say, Taper, then it's not normal to taper a sphere. There's no confusion about it.

..by changing prim type. Lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Everyone is on the same page, so there's nothing to argue about. Maybe just for the sake of arguing is a reason, but it's not a valid reason, and I stopped doing that many years ago. Perhaps you'd like to join me :)

You do know that discussing doesn't equate arguing. Disagreeing with you doesn't equate an argument either ;) 

17 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You only need to read. I write in very understandable sentences. You do, of course, need to remove the negatively biased glasses though ;)

No negativity here, I have no problem letting you keep your opinion, and express it - just as I reserve the right to keep and express mine. I do wish people having different points of view didn’t bother you so much.

To be fair to Phil, it does seem as though some people forget what he says at the start of a topic, or even during it.  He then has to keep responding to those people to point them back to what he said, when if they'd taken in what he said and remembered, or didn't ignore it for the sake of getting at him, these topics would end much sooner.

p.s. I've never met Phil, or indeed any of you, so I have no particular loyalty, or axe to grind.  I just say what I see.

p.p.s  I'm not seeing ponies just now.

p.p.p.s  I'm not seeing Snoopy either.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

To be fair to Phil, it does seem as though some people forget what he says at the start of a topic, or even during it.  He then has to keep responding to those people to point them back to what he said, when if they'd taken in what he said and remembered, or didn't ignore it for the sake of getting at him, these topics would end much sooner.

p.s. I've never met Phil, or indeed any of you, so I have no particular loyalty or axe to grind.  I just say what I see.

p.p.s  I'm not seeing ponies just now.

p.p.p.s  I'm not seeing Snoopy either.

But, in this thread, there’s been an evolution. 

In all fairness to myself, and the thread...'cuz I've no other horse in the race...I took words, at face value, quoted them, at face value...and that's what I commented on ? 

Ok, I actually do want to add something here though, and this is really more towards Phil,...and it leads to why I even responded to the post at all showing a box and a sphere, lol.  

The post I responded to, is in the present tense, and those are the context clues I used to, also, post in the present tense.

If people want me to respond about past tense, they'll need to speak in past tense :P 

Edited by Tari Landar

At the risk of being accused of continuing this .. I will post this anyway. What Phil said about the options that were available back in the day was much more limited than they are today is very accurate. We didn't have slice available in the box menu, so we did indeed use dimple from the sphere menu to get that outcome. My argument hasn't been that we didn't change the type .. but that doing so was normal back then as it was the only way to do it. 

Here is evidence to support Phil's description of the edit menu for boxes as seen in a Torley video from 2007.

103477065_2007LLviewer.thumb.png.842f264541ab5790cb22b339210f4e23.png

• Like 4

Sorry for starting this guys by using the term "Prim Torture"

Art in the sky always fascinated me, and people experienced at trying known it only works with a few prim types. Garnet's valued eyes seeing snoopy in Plum allowed me to look, and the "unusually altered prim" is a 5:1 saving in the technique of using plain-old-boring-plywood-cubes.

I tried this in a region I have the other day, and sure enough up they came, and at what is a real low LI cost (another changed term, we used to use the word "prims" as a meter to land capacity, now we use LI - terms evolve)

My next plan... Put a picture of my face over a whole region so the whole map reading population of SL can admire the awesome Neko Ears Aii makes. I digress.

Imagemagik makes pixellated pictures from any photo

Running

convert -scale 10% -scale 1000% original.jpg pixelated.jpg

twice seems to create good art to use. What I need to do is write a PHP/Golang program to read the pixelated JPG and a script in world to grab the RGB values and place them on the array of prims.

Well, one day...

My List of ToDo's is about 5kM long and not getting any shorter.

A fun discussion in the derail yes, but thank Garnet for your observation!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.