Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

Hiya,

My name is Anthony, I been involved in second life in some way now over a decade.

I'm active in the LGBT community and some other events throughout Secondlife.

I look forward to corresponding with people.

I'm not a huge clubber. So if you looking for just friends to invite to your sets I'm not that person 🥲

6777120d52db4b4bfc238715072faabb.jpg

Edited by Anthony Amore
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I am Azgalia the alien (Zeta Reticulian).

I am very simple, hopeless single gurl that is looking for fun and social interaction. I have a homestead but did nothing with it lol because I don't really know what to do anymore. I spent about 8 years on SL (My old account is for inventory purpose) and started to feel it difficult because aliens aren't so popular which make it difficult to interest people and I don't have so much idea on how to approach or find people. So now I kinda don't go out anymoer and stay alone in my home, which is pretty much empty because I don't thrive anymore having land so to be lonely.

I am very open, understanding and non-judging! I like to help people, I really do! I kinda got a lot of cost about it in the past and I have been deceived. In the past year in SL I had many jobs and had great professional experiences but yet I could never build my social network and move on being more present to stuff. I like to DJ and have fish hunt event or shopping. I love shopping! Once a month I get paid and go buy bunch of stuff.

I kinda just don't know anymore what to do because I am tired of lacking of social network.

In real life I don't really talk about it until I know you because I career in Intelligence and it is extremely triggering for me to share about my trauma... I am 33 on my current ID but I look way younger ^_^. I have son, beautiful and amazing but I don't get to see often. 

I am very simple, I like to go shopping, hangout and clubs. If not then I normally am building on my land but I really am tired of being alone. I don't see the point right now.

I am currently located in West North-America (Alberta Canada) but I am not born in this country. My journey to this country was difficult and extremely exhausting. I like to joke around, be silly and a bit troll sometimes. I enjoy sweet cute things and pretty stuff. I am bit of a "Lady Trouble" in town but I am chill when I don't get excited and become kinda fool or "retard" on the side.

I don't judge and I am open to anything. From staying home minding my own business or going out Estate Manager and such for someone else. I either build my own little corner of the grid or try to find work somewhere. 

I am trying to extend my activities in SL but I got no inspiration lately so trying to find people to hang out with and get into developing new interests and discover new places and activities on SL. As I am quite chaotic in the mind I am go for any adventure. 

Peace out! ♥

Azgalia Moyo

Zeta Queen

• Like 5

@Azgalia, If you have a whole Homestead region and don't feel like using the whole thing, you could rent out part of it. The renters might or might not be friendly, but being a landlord would give you something to do and some spending money for SL shopping.

As an alien, do you use a human-like body with alien skins or a non-human body? WYLD on Marketplace and Nuve inworld have some good fantasy skin tones. Fallen Gods has good fantasy skins for system bodies and a pretty friendly group.

I wish I knew more places inworld for aliens to hang out too. Sometimes I prefer being an alien, but I imagine some humans might find this slightly disturbing. 👽 👾 🤯

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I prefer being an alien, but I imagine some humans might find this slightly disturbing. 👽 👾 🤯

haha, seriously, I had to put a piece of tape over the on/off-switch on my new alienware PC...the button is a little alien head.  Skeeered.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

@Azgalia, If you have a whole Homestead region and don't feel like using the whole thing, you could rent out part of it. The renters might or might not be friendly, but being a landlord would give you something to do and some spending money for SL shopping.

As an alien, do you use a human-like body with alien skins or a non-human body? WYLD on Marketplace and Nuve inworld have some good fantasy skin tones. Fallen Gods has good fantasy skins for system bodies and a pretty friendly group.

I wish I knew more places inworld for aliens to hang out too. Sometimes I prefer being an alien, but I imagine some humans might find this slightly disturbing. 👽 👾 🤯

I am 100% alien and made my name for 8 years toward my circle. I have evolved from very cheap avatar to a more humanized that allows popular apparel. Not the most accurate to the species I belong to. I went through maybe 5 or 6 different avatar of the Zeta Reticulian and yet I have to find my Zetari. I stick to it and I have many other avatars that are not better for what is to be disturbing and perturbating. I hold myself and stick to one thing that calm me and sooth my pride. Way before I was on SL I was in revealing myself and expose that flag. I do know that having an alternative avatar of a human is a side go and I do have one or more, I don't know... I happen also to have other alternative as furry area that mostly have more experience with xenotic and exotic forms. This specific alien I am is the pretty unfamous "Grey" which has a bad reputation in places like Ufology, Conspiracy theories and paranormal. Mostly what you will find is creepy stories and strong allegation discrediting our honesty. Cultural label about abduction and first accused trend from historical focus. "Roswell alien".

There is one say a Zeta say "From nothing we create" 

Each our escape, if I can't get mine... Then I go where it is so I don't mind sims that will eject a visitor from other's space. There is always some find and this is how I get lost. @_@

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

haha, seriously, I had to put a piece of tape over the on/off-switch on my new alienware PC...the button is a little alien head.  Skeeered.  LOL

It took me a while to get used to my Alienware too, especially how it would seem to come on by itself when I meant to turn it off, then the background lights for the keyboard would cycle through multiple colors. It felt like some other intelligence was trying to control my computer, rather than that I just didn't know to hold down the button longer. I taped over the camera though, instead of the little alien guy. 👽 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SL I have too many hobbies to nail things down so I will just mention my real life info 

I am in my late 60's, I have Advanced degrees in Physical and cultural anthropology and taught both at universities for 20 years until I became sick of dealing with University students and went back to uni and got my Teaching credentials and taught Middle school history until I retired. I did a Short Stint in the Military to pay for my education I used to fly airplanes in RL 

In my youth I did things that would make Indiana Jones turn white Like dive scuba dive in a Mayan sacred cenote  ("Well of sacrifice") 

In my retirement I live in a Motor home and travel. 

Edited by Linnea Evergarden
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I once fancied doing that.

What part of the country are you in currently, or are you on the road?

I am currently in Northern Wisconsin on the Shores of Lake Superior enjoying the cool lake breeze because everyplace else is hotter than a cow on fire. in September i will start heading south west. this year i plan to take the old Route 66 and take in all the old road side stuff before it's gone for example one of the arrows at Twin arrows has fallen over

Edited by Linnea Evergarden
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

I am currently in Northern Wisconsin on the Shores of Lake Superior enjoying the cool lake breeze because everyplace else is hotter than a cow on fire. in September i will start heading south west. this year i plan to take the old Route 66 and take in all the old road side stuff before it's gone for example one of the arrows at Twin arrows has fallen over

Oh nice!  I remember the great lakes fondly...lived for a year in that area.

I have driven Route 66 many times, and my dad had many stories of his adventures along that path. He loved the western states and the southwest.  Whenever I go on a trip I seem to always navigate to that area. Really, Zion National Park is one of the prettiest places in the world to me.

• Like 2

I have been many characters over my decade or so in SL, so I'm kind of always changing my form. I have been a woman named Mikayla, woman named Charlotte, and an alien... also named Charlotte.

But as of now, I am known as Missy Starchild, a cutesy,  flamboyant, aggressively jubilant human/dino shapeshifter hailing from parts unknown who loves excessive shopping, hanging out at music clubs, and avatar creation (which I specialize in and am generally addicted to). I'm a member of the LGBT community irl and I am a transwoman, so the shapeshifter aspect of Missy really appeals to me.

I never judge anyone, am always up front and honest, and I love to try and spice things up if it seems a little too quiet for my liking.

Sometimes I cannot decide if I'm playing a character or just playing as me. I like to think it's a healthy blend of both.

• Like 5

I'm new to the forums but have been in SL on and off since 2005, leaving for a few years, doing something else, then coming back. With each return I found more interesting things to do. In July 2021 I replaced my 14 year old computer and was then able to take SL pictures. I started a flickr group to show SL art and was admin for about a year.  Then I met Bill, we got married and here I am. Here's my 2 flickrs of SL art and pictures.

https://flickr.com/photos/kisket

https://flickr.com/photos/cirl

Newlees

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 6

Pretty sure I posted here before but I am going to do it again. I first joined SL with another account in July of 2015, and joined the forums in Feb of 2016. I think most of you know what account that was. After a few years of everything going well, things went badly and I reacted badly to it. I ended up switching the gender of my primary avatar to one that matches my gender in RL. Then one day I saw this girl hanging out with some cats, I IMed her and she didn't immediately respond, but eventually she did, and everything changed for the better.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Who am I?

Pretty much a lone wolf

I have some friends that I met back when I started in 2007, they are not online too much so I am not very social

No disrespect to women but I prefer male friends and when I talk with anyone new it usually gets down to sex very quickly and then I back off, or they back off when they don't get what they want. (I have had one intimate relationship back in 2007 and not found anyone I wanted to be close to since then)

I am not against intimate relationships but not after 5 minutes and that's being generous!

I have phases when I visit clubs to find new friends but the above always comes into play.

I pretty much just create content, shop or "gamble" when online.

It is a bit too solitary/boring a lot of the time

My SL interests are fashion, wildlife and nature, music and I love urban and gothic style sims.

I do miss the old days, camping, contests, quizes and sploders were fun. Finding good freebie spots was a daily thing, I still go to freebie places from time to time but don't really need freebies these days.

I tend to refurbish my sim way too often when boredom sets in, and always changing themes

I would just like to meet some nice guys who don't try n get you naked from the word go, naked can come at a later stage if it felt right.

I have a good sense of humour and enjoy a laugh and try not to take SLtoo seriously.

That's about it really.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya I'm ReaperSoulMate another addition to the spiritual party,

I love dark and light things through out the universe I love to play video games every where including second life it self,

I enjoy playing chess in second life and playing against others if I can, For fun by all means.

I also love enjoying watching videos and movies ect,

Exploring vast worlds I can sit still in places for a long period of time,

I have my own virtual second life shop I have been doing for fun from time to time I also love to build which is common for sl users.

I also love to RP,

again light or dark,(Mostly light due to spiritual screen attacks from second life)

I enjoy hanging out with everyone as long as everyone is respectful of one or another or jokingly around respectfully.

I"m so use to hanging outwith kind people most of my life expand.

I'm also a digital transfer artist and I love creating audio sounds, 

You can say I pretty  much got talent every where wide spread,

I also enjoy thinking out side the box and beyound the box it self,

i've been on second life for a very long time despite my character data information displayed on the date stamp.

I also enjoy RP MMOS fighting's too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Azrael Starlight said:

Hiya I'm ReaperSoulMate another addition to the spiritual party,

I love dark and light things through out the universe I love to play video games every where including second life it self,

I enjoy playing chess in second life and playing against others if I can, For fun by all means.

I also love enjoying watching videos and movies ect,

Exploring vast worlds I can sit still in places for a long period of time,

I have my own virtual second life shop I have been doing for fun from time to time I also love to build which is common for sl users.

I also love to RP,

again light or dark,(Mostly light due to spiritual screen attacks from second life)

I enjoy hanging out with everyone as long as everyone is respectful of one or another or jokingly around respectfully.

I"m so use to hanging outwith kind people most of my life expand.

I'm also a digital transfer artist and I love creating audio sounds, 

You can say I pretty  much got talent every where wide spread,

I also enjoy thinking out side the box and beyound the box it self,

i've been on second life for a very long time despite my character data information displayed on the date stamp.

I also enjoy RP MMOS fighting's too.

Holy moly it's Shinigami-Sama~

Don't tell anyone I'm a Reaper, nobody here knows!

>->;

<-<;

Soul Eater is one of my top 5 favorite manga/anime of all time. It has so much class you can't even see anything for miles if you get a glimpse up a skirt, that's how much class it's got. Also, Medusa. Just sayin'.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

The teacher who was so dedicated to his job that even death couldn't keep him out of the classroom was sheer genius.

"...because that's the kind of man I was!"

They had so many unique and well-thought-out characters, it was epic.

Anyway, hi hi, Shinigami-Sama! Just had to give that one a bump up. Carry on, all~!

^-^

Edited by PheebyKatz

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 12:27 AM, Azrael Starlight said:

❤️
Hehehe ah yes it was epic  I can re watch that show once more,

Thank you so much for responding to me I actually thought people would not reply to me,

Due to my past with enemies' being every where in my book, 

Half of the people in SL can't stand me. Doesn't stop me.

Don't let it stop you either, this land was made for you and me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that is actually a deep question, haha. And a tough one. Who am I? Hmm... Well, in essence, my virtual journey here can be split into three chapters, reflecting the overall things I used SL for. The only thing that has always remained consistent through all these years, is my strong affinity to be an entrepreneur and do business in SL.

Chapter One - "The Business Chapter"
The first chapter began in 2006, when I joined Second Life. I was in my early 20s in RL back then, had just finished college as graphic designer and opened my own marketing agency. Since (understandably) my head was all into marketing, business and entrepreneurship at that time, the first thing I did in SL within weeks was to open a little virtual marketing agency there, as well. I set up a simple office at one of the many "malls". I gained clients quickly and this is basically how I made my first money in SL.
Don't get me wrong here, SL was at no point "just a business opportunity to make money" for me. I did socialize a lot, too - I especially loved clubbing, since I was in my 20s in RL and went out a lot, as well. Which actually reminds me, that I also frequented a shady, filthy little club called "Spunky BT's" back then, and I remember how the owner made me club "security" after a few days. Boy did I feel cool!
Anyway, with the virtual agency being a success, I soon began expanding into other ventures. Eventually I turned apartment rental landlord on mainland (thank you, "Mathuen Lagerlof"✞ for teaching me so much about land in SL!), as well as a furniture designer with a (back then quite popular) brand called "MAKEA". It sold handcrafted prim furniture that loosely resembled RL IKEA pieces.

So, yeah, I would say that sums up the first few years of my SL journey quite well - mainly venturing in various businesses and socializing at discos around the grid.

Chapter Two - "The Roleplay Chapter"
I can't really define or remember when this chapter began. Probably somewhere around 2010 or a bit later.
While the business side always remained in my life in SL in one way or another, it definitely shifted at this point. I lost interest and technology advanced, where I could not keep up.
Then I discovered the huge Roleplay side of SL. And fell for it deep. From A to Z, on sim, off sim. Roleplay would be my absolute main and almost exclusive time killer in SL for the next 9 or so years.

I don't even remember everything I did, but to name some things: Wild West RP at Tombstone for a long time, Victorian RP at a beautiful sim for humans and "tinies", a little bit of combat RP in the WW2 and modern era and.. then the absolute big thing: Urban and Family RP! I discovered, that modern era urban roleplay was exactly the kind of RP I wanted. Be myself as a character but with a career and lifestyle I don't have in RL. For the next years I fully shifted my focus to RP.
I lived almost exclusively on urban RP sims, built up a vast career as Cop, later also as Firefighter. Additionally, building a family and finding love matched well with that, so I ended up with family roleplay, too. I also dated a lot - without success in terms of the "love of my virtual life", and I trialed & adopted a bunch of "kids" over the years.

To sum this chapter up, the second third of my (so far) SL life was heavily influenced by roleplay in SL.

Chapter Three - "The Slow Demise"
My last and still ongoing chapter of SL began probably around 2019.
I had already noticed more and more, that in many aspects not only SL was shifting in a way I did not like, but also roleplay in general. Especially urban RP was shifting, if not flat out on the verge of dying out. Sims opened and closed in shorter and shorter timespans, fewer sims opened than sims closed. Once bustling urban sims with players openly roleplaying on the streets, car chases, riots, an active community out in the open, turned more and more "dead". Most players rented properties, but barely roleplayed and stayed by themselves, or with their friends, in each other's homes.
That was the point when I decided with a heavy heart after over 9 years, to lay my virtual careers to rest forever and retire.

This led to this last chapter and my SL as it still is today: The slow and steady forever demise of my virtual life.
Due to a lack of enticing alternative things for me to do in SL and (in my personal opinion) growing hostilities & "anti-socialisation" (parallel to the same effect in RL society), I became more and more estranged with SL as a whole. My "hiatuses" became more, the timespans actively spent inworld less. If I was inworld, I often just sat around, not sure what to do. I tried going back to some of the things I liked in the past, such as sailing, flying, golfing, ballroom dancing, etc. But most of the hobbies drew me in only for a short time. Eventually this pulled me closer into the "naughty & adult" side and I discovered the huge world of D/S and BDSM in SL. This then became an increasingly large part of my little remaining SL ever since.

I wouldn't say at all that this is what defines me now in SL. But next to sitting around or just occasionally doing one thing or another, this is now certainly my main constant in what is left of my SL, in my third and final chapter.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiiiiiiii

My name is Ash! I've only had an SL account for a handful of years, but was on a hiatus for a while, only coming back recently. 

I have a hard time going into public spaces, both IRL and virtual, and just chatting it up with people, which is why I'm posting here. 

A little about me...hmmm...

I'm 23 years old and prefer making friends that are 23+! I'm in CST timezone, but am regularly up super late, so timezone differences don't really bother me. 

I also do take SL a bit seriously. While I like to have fun shopping, clubbing, and hanging out, the friendships I build on SL are just as genuine as those I build IRL. I'm hoping to build a SL family/crew. 

I do prefer folx who are comfortable with using mics in game, as I find it easier to connect and communicate that way!

I enjoy music, writing, roleplaying, anime, crime shows, reading, crafting, and more! Music is a big deal to me and I listen to a multitude of artists from varying genres, my longest playlist being almost 5,000 songs long. I know...*Owen Wilson's voice*...woooooow.

I also enjoy things like Dungeons and Dragons and Vampire: The Masquerade. Get me started and I might talk your ear off about my original characters aha. 

I'm am uh...part of the...*alternative* lifestyle, as well as part of the LQBTQIA+, so if those things bother you then I'm not your person and that's totally okay!

That's all I can think of for now.

Feel free to add me/send me an IM. My user is emogoddess247

I hope to hear from you soon ❤️

Edited by emogoddess247

• 3 weeks later...