SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Plus, of course, the main well ....

It's night, the 2 small Eyrie wishing wells are glowing and behaving exactly the same as the one in Pitapat.  And the big hole is doing nothing unusual. I don't get it. I'll wait a bit longer..

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

It's night, the 2 small Eyrie wishing wells are glowing and behaving exactly the same as the one in Pitapat.  And the big hole is doing nothing unusual. I don't get it. I'll wait a bit longer..

8 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hmmm.. It seemed fine the last time I was there. Did you go down to check?

You know how you have to go underwater to find some portals?  It's kind of like that.

p.s.

Be sure your sound is turned on.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

@Dyna Mole

It's now just past midnight (SL sun time), the moon was directly overhead the Eyrie castle dome. Absolutely nothing unusual has happened, except for the usual night time cipher characters glowing. No unusual sounds either.

Going down the hole just flings you up into the air with screaming as you fall perpetually - which can be experienced at any other time of the day - which I've already done dozens of times since Eyrie opened back in November 2021.

?

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

On 1/11/2024 at 3:17 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Northern Mediterranean Regions

1-11-24NorthernMediteraneanRegions_001.thumb.jpg.6f65654f147fe289002cdd5624e91db1.jpg

North-Eastern Ranch Regions

1-11-24NorthEasternRanchRegions_001.thumb.jpg.310771793b5ca4182b35a7e98b3c0e5f.jpg

So when do these regions become available?  I HAD a nice water view from the northern part of Cider Mill (lower line of regions, second from the right) but would LOVE to find out when Minor Quay, Sand Crawler or their equivalents become available.  Right now they are just very grid-like and unfinished.  Any way to keep track of their status?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenstarveling said:

So when do these regions become available?  I HAD a nice water view from the northern part of Cider Mill (lower line of regions, second from the right) but would LOVE to find out when Minor Quay, Sand Crawler or their equivalents become available.  Right now they are just very grid-like and unfinished.  Any way to keep track of their status?

When SSP on the names & colored region markers are gone, check to see if they look done, then request the parcel you want through Premium Plus customer support. ( I don't know the specifics of how to do that.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jenstarveling said:

In the past, regions would go through several border colours until they hit red. They could sit at red for a bit. Then the borders would be removed, they'd be renamed without the SSP, and release was close enough that people would start ticketing.

Recently though, some regions had the red border removed without being renamed and/or released. That can make it harder to keep track of them on the map. The region name change will still have to happen before release though, so once you see that, it's probably go time.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jenstarveling said:

Any way to keep track of their status?

In Firestorm (& other 3rd party viewers, but I'm not sure about LL's viewer), you can use World/Region Tracker to very quickly see if any regions you're interested in have changed their name from SSPnnnn to nnnn without scanning all over the map.  To select a region to track, open the world map, click on the region, then hit "Track Region" on the map buttons. It will ask you what you want to call the region - just leave it as SSPnnnn.  Then, when the name changes to nnnn, the Region Tracker will show the SSPnnnn line grayed out.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

In the past, regions would go through several border colours until they hit red. They could sit at red for a bit. Then the borders would be removed, they'd be renamed without the SSP, and release was close enough that people would start ticketing.

Recently though, some regions had the red border removed without being renamed and/or released. That can make it harder to keep track of them on the map. The region name change will still have to happen before release though, so once you see that, it's probably go time.

Any insights on what the various colors on the borders mean?  and also ... I currently HAVE the parcel to the south as my linden home.  WHEN I see the that red border has gone and the name of the region has changed, do I need to abandon my parcel BEFORE I make the ticket request, or can I make the request, possibly get the parcel I want and THEN abandon my current parcel?  I'd hate to roll the dice, gamble and lose and then lose where I am right now.  Any insights on that question?

22 minutes ago, jenstarveling said:

Any insights on what the various colors on the borders mean?  and also ... I currently HAVE the parcel to the south as my linden home.  WHEN I see the that red border has gone and the name of the region has changed, do I need to abandon my parcel BEFORE I make the ticket request, or can I make the request, possibly get the parcel I want and THEN abandon my current parcel?  I'd hate to roll the dice, gamble and lose and then lose where I am right now.  Any insights on that question?

I thought I remember reading that you cannot already own a Linden Home when putting in a request.  Someone will come along and verify or correct my statement, I'm sure :P

ETA: from the FAQ's:

I heard that Premium Plus members can request specific Linden Homes for themselves. Is this true?

Yes, it is! Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied, the region is released (if a Linden Home region begins with "SSP", it is still unreleased), and they do not currently have another Linden Home. To do so, Premium Plus members can request a Linden Home by submitting a support ticket (click Submit A Ticket on the top right of this page!) and choose the Issue Type of Land & Region with the subtype of Linden Homes. Please be sure to include the SLurl for the Linden Home you would like to claim in your support ticket.

Please note that Premium Plus members can still only own one Linden Home at a time.

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I thought I remember reading that you cannot already own a Linden Home when putting in a request.  Someone will come along and verify or correct my statement, I'm sure :P

ETA: from the FAQ's:

I heard that Premium Plus members can request specific Linden Homes for themselves. Is this true?

Yes, it is! Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied, the region is released (if a Linden Home region begins with "SSP", it is still unreleased), and they do not currently have another Linden Home. To do so, Premium Plus members can request a Linden Home by submitting a support ticket (click Submit A Ticket on the top right of this page!) and choose the Issue Type of Land & Region with the subtype of Linden Homes. Please be sure to include the SLurl for the Linden Home you would like to claim in your support ticket.

Please note that Premium Plus members can still only own one Linden Home at a time.

You get a reminder to give up your home from Wendi. I know this because I was putting in a ticket for my sister and didn't realize that I hadn't logged out of my account. I waited and waited and couldn't understand why she wasn't getting her Fantasy parcel. I checked my e-mail later that day and found a note from Wendi stating she'd love to give me the parcel as soon as I gave up the one I had. That's when I realized my mistake. I apologized and resent the ticket under the correct name. Soooo...yeah. You can actually hang on to your current home and send a ticket for the new one. But I really wouldn't make a habit out of it. I'd hate to make Wendi mad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 2:15 PM, jenstarveling said:

The other colours have varied over time and there's no official list about what they mean. In general, the traffic light colours usually go in order (green, yellow, orange, red) with other colours popping up around them in the order. Things like white and grey usually mark a region at the start of the process. Blue, pink and purple appear at various points. Red at the end has been pretty consistent though.

You need to have no home when your ticket is processed. Taking a chance is part of the process. What you can do is give your top three choices in the ticket, so there are other options if the first has already gone.

• Like 4

Looks like more Mediterranean regions are coming.  Just noticed these two new regions appeared in the north east corner of the Mediterraneans, to the east of Bevilacqua region. The excitement continues!

Edit: They are not appearing on the World Map as yet; saw them on the Mini Map and inworld. The names are Cedar Park and Redfox Glen. 

New Med regions.jpg

Edited by Betth Ashbourne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Interesting!  I see 3 regions of flat, featureless land reaching toward Sakura (Kakureta Kodachi) -- below, my camera is at the furthest edge of the 3rd region.  Only 2 more regions to go until Sakura.  There's nothing visible yet from Kakureta Kodachi.  Will we finally get a glimpse of what Sakura's coastline will look like?  Can't wait!

image.thumb.png.1c610ca5c5fff8b7a9b2ef6b613e17eb.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Interesting!  I see 3 regions of flat, featureless land reaching toward Sakura (Kakureta Kodachi) -- below, my camera is at the furthest edge of the 3rd region.  Only 2 more regions to go until Sakura.  There's nothing visible yet from Kakureta Kodachi.  Will we finally get a glimpse of what Sakura's coastline will look like?  Can't wait!

image.thumb.png.1c610ca5c5fff8b7a9b2ef6b613e17eb.png

Oh kewl! I see the third region now; didn't have my draw distance set far enough.  The names are Cedar Park, Redfox Glen and Westwind Harbor. Maybe more regions will appear very soon.  

• Like 4

Ten new Mediterranean regions are now currently appearing in the north east corner.

Region names:

Cedar Park
Redfox Glen
Westwind Harbor
Stone Quarry Ridge
East Osprey Junction
Orchard Pond
Peddlers Hill
Raspberry Ridge
Brickyard Square
Lazy Brook

New Med regions 3.jpg

Edited by Betth Ashbourne
Update with names
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Betth Ashbourne said:

Ten new Mediterranean regions are now currently appearing in the north east corner.

New Med regions 3.jpg

Thanks for showing me how to see the region names; I never look at the Covenant tab but now I will!!  As you noted too, these region names vary markedly from the "Mediterranean-themed" immediately west of them.  Hmmmm...........

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 4