Shoes to suit suits..

Geirr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking for any advice anyone can share on how to find formal shoes that work with suits. Bought the Deadwool Peak Suit and now sadly can't seem to find a shoe that doesn't have the back of the trouser leg cuff wedged into back of shoe. Tried a load of demos and nothing seems to sit or fit right. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Geirr said:

Looking for any advice anyone can share on how to find formal shoes that work with suits. Bought the Deadwool Peak Suit and now sadly can't seem to find a shoe that doesn't have the back of the trouser leg cuff wedged into back of shoe. Tried a load of demos and nothing seems to sit or fit right. Any suggestions?

Since I suspect you will have that issue with most shoes and assuming Deadwool doesn't make shoes to go with, I suggest taking off your mesh feet (again an assumption) and using NON-RIGGED shoes which you should be able to adjust well enough for your suit.

Hope that is some help. 

• Like 2

Lapointe & Bastchilde.  They are re-sizeable (with the hud, but in all directions so you can shorten the length without also making them narrower). And they have a built-in mesh sock so if you have to lower the shoes a bit, it won't show bare ankles (or a gap). And they are really top quality shoes.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

43 minutes ago, Geirr said:

Bought the Deadwool Peak Suit and now sadly can't seem to find a shoe that doesn't have the back of the trouser leg cuff wedged into back of shoe.

Deadwool's Dandy shoes paired with their mesh Dandy socks, both from the inworld store only (not on Marketplace). My profile image on this forum features Deadwool's Peak Suit and Oscar Coat, plus those shoes and socks. They're a perfect fit together, and the socks contain multiple fit options for different shoes:

5b3be1c8efb8c_suited03(1000).thumb.jpg.08633504c009f9470e8c0633a306940e.jpg

Alternatively, if you want less of a business suit shoe and more of a formal shoe, again Deadwool have you covered, this time on Marketplace.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Congratulations! 

Haha! Thanks. Didn't want to have to go to her (she's been here longer) asking how to sort them out and ruin the surprise. Trying on demos now.

9 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Deadwool's Dandy shoes paired with their mesh Dandy socks, both from the inworld store only (not on Marketplace). My profile image on this forum features Deadwool's Peak Suit and Oscar Coat, plus those shoes and socks. They're a perfect fit together, and the socks contain multiple fit options for different shoes:

Altenatively, if you want less of a business suit shoe and more of a formal shoe, again Deadwool have you covered, this time on Marketplace.

Appreciate your advice too Skell. Was just trawling your blog for help as you answered lol. Would never have taken the plunge and sussed out my mesh head if not for your wisdom and detailed post! Now I get to thank you in person. Cheers mate!

15 minutes ago, Geirr said:

Appreciate your advice too Skell. Was just trawling your blog for help as you answered lol. Would never have taken the plunge and sussed out my mesh head if not for your wisdom and detailed post! Now I get to thank you in person. Cheers mate!

You're welcome. Glad to be of help :)

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Alternatively, if you want less of a business suit shoe and more of a formal shoe, again Deadwool have you covered, this time on Marketplace.

Personally, I prefer the shoes Skell is wearing in the picture over the MP more formal ones - just in case you want a woman's opinion.

And that suit is definitely a winner.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I was thinking this would be a solution

image.jpeg

This is unacceptable - such folly of an outfit demands a pith helmet and sandals in fitting pastels.

EDIT: Back on topic, I sent you a shoes suggestion in forum messages

Edited by Fionalein

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Personally, I prefer the shoes Skell is wearing in the picture over the MP more formal ones - just in case you want a woman's opinion.

And that suit is definitely a winner.

A second woman's opinion, i prefer the formal ones more. About the suit i won't start, though the striped fabric look is cool.

That just shows again you never should listen to anyone else's opinion, because we all have different ones. Go with the ones you like most.

Hope you, the OP, found nice ones and all is well.

20 minutes ago, Ansiri said:

About the suit i won't start, though the striped fabric look is cool.

That just shows again you never should listen to anyone else's opinion

Opinion is, indeed, subjective. Some people prefer a perfectly-smooth, uncreased suit. Personally, I prefer something that drapes realistically, creases and rumples a little at the crotch,  elbows, buttons, and collar (as a suit does in real life), and makes me feel like a king when I wear it. That's why I love that Deadwool suit. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.