is there a way to save outift for a dom to change

Rachael4God

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please help ,,,,,,, is there a way for me to save outfits that my master can change , I am all mesh, body and bento head, He wants me to make outfits he can change himself.

Anyone know how I can do this ? having left SL for months my inventory is a mess, first I need to delete thousands of things, but then how to make outfits a Dom can himself

change, any help appreciated 

thank you

54 minutes ago, Rachael4God said:

Please help ,,,,,,, is there a way for me to save outfits that my master can change , I am all mesh, body and bento head, He wants me to make outfits he can change himself.

Anyone know how I can do this ? having left SL for months my inventory is a mess, first I need to delete thousands of things, but then how to make outfits a Dom can himself

change, any help appreciated 

thank you

You need to wear a collar, enable RLV in your viewer and use the set up for outfits.  Opencollar have an inworld group that should be able to point you in the right direction.  I am not inworld atm to get you a link 

• Like 3

If you have, or when you get, an RLV enabled viewer, there should be a folder already in your inventory labelled #RLV. If it's not there, you can easily create it just as you would any other folder. You'll need to be put items you want him to have access to inside that folder, each in a folder of their own, generally. I don't recall how to do this correctly off the top of my head, but it's not hard; I know there are video tutorials on youtube, and you can likely find written tutorials through google. Or those who have experience may answer here, but google is great when you just can't wait ;)

You may also want/need to create another folder containing anything you don't want to detach when he messes with your outfit - your body, hands, feet, head, any HUDs you need. There's a way to do this, as well, in the RLV folder; I believe it involved how you name that folder. Again, google can help you, if you can't or don't want to wait for a more complete answer here. In fact, here's a promising looking resource to get you started: https://www.opencollar.at/outfits.html I may use that myself, later...I have a great closet HUD with RLV compatibility for which this could come in handy. Hmmm...Thanks for reminding me! lol

• Like 2

Sorry am so long getting back to thank you both , Ariel and Alyona, and Cindy, I have RLV enabled and have an open collar, just have not made any folders, let me read more of what 

each of you has said, I do thank you all, This is al new to me. 

While I still had a sub/pet she used another of the Wardrobe systems (though I cannot remember which one I do know it was not the one already mentioned in this thread) and it allowed her to even set access restrictions.

It still required a fair bit of set up however so ... No matter how you decide to go about this, you'll still need to take the time to arrange your folders and such.

RLV folders is the way to go. Put your fave clothes in there and he can remove them at will. You can put cuffs and other toys in there as well. I think the maximum number of folders that will be displayed is around 30. Plus you could consider getting some strippable outfits. Layla's makes a wide variety. Just turn off public access. You don't want your master getting all jealous if a total stranger strips you.

*grins*

On 6/9/2018 at 6:09 AM, Solar Legion said:

While I still had a sub/pet she used another of the Wardrobe systems (though I cannot remember which one I do know it was not the one already mentioned in this thread) and it allowed her to even set access restrictions.

It still required a fair bit of set up however so ... No matter how you decide to go about this, you'll still need to take the time to arrange your folders and such.

Yup, I have that one, too. But it's a pig-in-a-poke; it's over-complicated. Though I know you are simply hoping to contribute, and it's a good contribution: an RLV Outfit Manager.

Don't get me wrong, it's excellent (and old, so now the price is down to like L$600, down from the original L$6k when it first appeared) - but it has a ridiculous learning curve - not in how to use it, but rather in how to set it up properly. It's great if you're an SL tech-head (been here long enough to build stuff and generally know all the SL tricks that it takes a few years to learn).

The one I mentioned is easy to use and set up. If you use the viewer Outfits Picker - all you need do is copy all the links from an outfit folder into the RLV outfit folder, done. It also doesn't require anything to be rezzed in the world, either and neither does it rely on an outside website and database (read about how Creators using Hippo got burned, and then there's the TMP Mesh Body fiasco, etc).

But I digress. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

This is the way I get my subs to do it.

Assumes you have an opencollar - get your free one from Temple of the Collar (Adult Rated land)  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arcadia/86/211/22 if not

Folder structure

Make a top level folder called #RLV
Under that make a folder called Outfits
Under Outfits make a folder called .basics (the full stop at the start matters!)
Under Outfits make a folder called nothing (this must stay empty)
Under Outfits make a folder for your naked called 00 Naked
Under Outfits make a folder for your first outfit called (for example) 01 Shorts 
Under Outfits make a folder for your second outfit called (for example) 02 Latex 

Populate .basics

Strip yourself down to just the items that never change.

• Your body
  • head
  • huds you always wear
  • importantly *your collar*
  • skin, eyes, hair
  • jewellry you never take off (if your Dom(me) has pierced you it goes here)

Save all of this as a normal outfit. Find that in your recent, ctrl-select all the contents, right click and copy.

Highlight the #RLV/Outfits/.basics folder and right click, and paste.

Populate Naked

type ra wear nothing (ra are the first two letters of your name. Mine would be ca) 

Add all your extra gender bits, Save a normal outfit, find that in recent, ctrl-select just the gender bits, right click and copy

Highlight the #RLV/Outfits/00 Naked folder and right click, and paste

Populate any clothing

Type ra wear nothing

Add your (for example) shorts and top, Save a normal outfit, find that in recent, ctrl-select both the shorts and top, right click and copy

Highlight the (for example) #RLV/Outfits/01 Shorts folder and right click, and paste

Type ra wear nothing

Add your (for example) latex catsuit, Save a normal outfit, find that in recent, ctrl-select just the latex parts and, right click and copy

Highlight the (for example) #RLV/Outfits/02 Latex folder and right click and paste

Use

Your Dom(me) can now type ra wear 00 or ra wear 01 or ra wear 02

If you prefer the "01 Shorts" folder could be just named "Shorts" then your Dom(me) would type ra wear shorts but I find the numbers help sequence things and are quicker (less letters in 01 then shorts)

Now the rest....

Under #RLV make a folder called Bondage

Make a folder under Bondage called Cuffs

Find your cuffs, ctrl-select all of them, right click and copy links, go to #RLV/Bondage/Cuffs and right click paste

When working in your bondage folder *ALWAYS* copy links. When you are working in your outfits, you can just copy... they are already links. Why? All you want under #RLV are links.

To use the cuffs your Dom(me) will type ra&&cuffs to put them on and ra--cuffs to remove them

Do the same technique under Bondage with blindfold, gag, anything else you like.

Finally, to make it easier for your Dom(me) make a notecard like this

rawear00 - strips me naked
rawear01 - puts on shorts
rawear02 - puts on a latex catsuit
ra&&cuffs - adds my cuffs
ra--cuffs - removes my cuffs (don't forget to unlock them first)

You can type all of these on channel 1, for example /1rawear00

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, i have a nice collar my master bought for me in fact i have both one on my neck and my *****

i have not been able yet to get this to work for me, and my master is not happy about this,  being a submissive lady ( am yes a lady not a *****), i have never been asked

to make folders where the Dom can change my clothes,  A question,,,,,,,, do most masters require this ? i have told my master if he has to have this i will leave and let him

find another , he said no he wants me . So,  am not happy with my lack of skills in this regard.  i have never built anything does this require some building skills? i am able to

make my shapes, and am told i do quite well with that.

just to please him am i trying so hard to get this right.. For its about respect, and caring on my part not a sexual thing.

thank you for your reply and help

12 minutes ago, Rachael4God said:

nice collar my master bought for me in fact i have both

If they are both scripted there could be some conflict.

13 minutes ago, Rachael4God said:

do most masters require this ?

It's a personal thing. 

In my opinion you and your Dom need to have a proper talk about limits and what both of you want from the relationship.  Making outfits its not difficult as Callum explained in the post above.  It just takes time to set them up in a way that suits you and your Dom

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm interpreting too much into the described reaction. Plus, I also lack practical experience with changing clothes via RLV.
Luckily, Callum has provided a wonderfully detailed step-by-step guide to follow along, which is really inspiring to give it a try... the question if there'd be any building involved strongly suggests you might wish to re-read the tutorial.

But I still fail to see how "its about respect" if the guy just idles and gets angry at you, instead of actually attempting to help you. Or at least come up with an idea of a workaround. 

Cindy gave you a good hint why you might be running into a problem. Should be easy to test by removing one of the items to test your setup.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

This is the way I get my subs to do it.

Assumes you have an opencollar - get your free one from Temple of the Collar (Adult Rated land)  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arcadia/86/211/22 if not

Folder structure

Make a top level folder called #RLV
Under that make a folder called Outfits
Under Outfits make a folder called .basics (the full stop at the start matters!)
Under Outfits make a folder called nothing (this must stay empty)
Under Outfits make a folder for your naked called 00 Naked
Under Outfits make a folder for your first outfit called (for example) 01 Shorts 
Under Outfits make a folder for your second outfit called (for example) 02 Latex 

Populate .basics

Strip yourself down to just the items that never change.

• Your body
  • head
  • huds you always wear
  • importantly *your collar*
  • skin, eyes, hair
  • jewellry you never take off (if your Dom(me) has pierced you it goes here)

Save all of this as a normal outfit. Find that in your recent, ctrl-select all the contents, right click and copy.

Highlight the #RLV/Outfits/.basics folder and right click, and paste.

Populate Naked

type ra wear nothing (ra are the first two letters of your name. Mine would be ca) 

Add all your extra gender bits, Save a normal outfit, find that in recent, ctrl-select just the gender bits, right click and copy

Highlight the #RLV/Outfits/00 Naked folder and right click, and paste

I tried what you said, but when  I type the naked command, it removes everything then re-adds them. Shouldn't the .basic file leave everything attached thats in that folder and just remove anything extra?

I hate waiting as a floating bald head in high lag areas as my entire body is replaced.

55 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

I tried what you said, but when  I type the naked command, it removes everything then re-adds them. Shouldn't the .basic file leave everything attached thats in that folder and just remove anything extra?

I hate waiting as a floating bald head in high lag areas as my entire body is replaced.

I finally had to add (nostrip) to every item in my naked folder, but now it works and "wear naked" removes whatever clothes i'm wearing while leaving my always worn items untouched

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

If you have set it up like I show above, then yes, it should only change the parts that change, everything in .basics will not be cycled.

Things to check.

Make sure that .basics is spelled exactly like that
Make sure that the clothing folders only have links to things that change. No body, no head, nothing constant.

Putting the body into the outfit folders is the most likely cause. That is wrong, they should only have the clothing items.

Although Dom I do have a small sample area I play in, So here is a working example:

My .basics

75de98a7c7b09847ebec3cb7f72267dd.thumb.png.86149fbe4811d8f46157381b6dd78a6f.png

My Folder structure including a few outfits

7ed7a91737c350427bde38bc7dbee52c.png.78c53ac067f393d3906be5b7672d0b16.png

Edited by Callum Meriman

8 hours ago, Rachael4God said:

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, i have a nice collar my master bought for me in fact i have both one on my neck and my <redacted>

Two collars is a bad idea, it can cause a lot of problems as they fight each other, especially if they are a master who uses local chat. 

It will work better, and be friendlier on the lag monster, if you delete the scripts from one of them, or get a cuff for one, instead of a collar. That will then allow some (not all) chains to that point.

to make folders where the Dom can change my clothes,  A question,,,,,,,, do most masters require this ?

One of my two submissives is TPE to the point they love me dressing/undressing them. The other prefers I don't operate their collar so much and to do everything themselves on my verbal command. They are both so different, and both so wonderful. 

And that is what it comes down to. The bond between a dominant and their submissive is a personal thing and very different from couple to couple. The one constant is the dominant must without fail respect your limits and also really understand your abilities. The submissive should of course also always try their best to reach for the ideals the dominant has set, but a dominant who pushes so hard that their submissive is mentally hurt isn't showing the needed skill.

They would be a terrible and unworthy dominant if they didn't obey your limits, or know in their heart that when you are reaching for that stated desire that you really can only try your best.

i have told my master if he has to have this i will leave and let him find another , he said no he wants me . So,  am not happy with my lack of skills in this regard.  i have never built anything does this require some building skills? i am able to make my shapes, and am told i do quite well with that.

just to please him am i trying so hard to get this right.. For its about respect, and caring on my part not a sexual thing.

(Rachel, have you have been told that being submissive is like being a cat? The human might think they are the owner but the cat really pulls the strings. It should be the same in D/s. The beginning dominant might think they are the owner, but they soon learn the submissive is the one with the true power)

To my eyes, if they are a decent and understanding master and if they are worthy of your respect and devotion, then they will understand that you don't like it, or that your skills are not developed in this area yet. You are human and you can only do your best, so if you show your partial acheivements and even failed attempts with pride then they should be very happy.

You need to tell them you don't like doing this clearly. While some things can be a game of pretending or masking and hiding your real thoughts behind your words, when it comes to limits or your abilities be the cat and make it clear as possible. Limits and your abilities should never be said in masked words. Shout them out. If you really don't want them to change your outfits, say it clearly. (My limits are x, y, z and I don't want you changing my clothes yourself)

If they are not able to understand this, if they push beyond your abilities, or are childish and stubborn, then maybe there is a better dominant for you.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.