Doesn't Anyone Actually Make Anything Anymore

JaydeGiovanni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was able to buy some linden today and I have been trying to comb through Marketplace.. I got really annoyed and bummed out because it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore? I can't handle the gatcha stuff anymore

• Like 2

Some designers offer gacha exchanges for copy enabled items and a "buy full set copy enabled" option, but there is still quite a bit out there produced on regular basis...

You know, there are some bad tongues who say "gachas are items that were found to bad for a regular mainstore/event release" ;)

Edited by Fionalein

Most of the popular events now days are ONLY "original mesh". So that would be a good starting point. Head over to Seraphim and do some catalog shopping or look up some events in the Destination guide.  Many very good designers offer their items on the Marketplace AFTER events; you just need to find your favorite creators. 

2 hours ago, JaydeGiovanni said:

So I was able to buy some linden today and I have been trying to comb through Marketplace.. I got really annoyed and bummed out because it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore? I can't handle the gatcha stuff anymore

The easiest way to clear gacha resale from a Marketplace search result is to set the permissions you want to see listed to "Copy."

• Like 4

On 1.5.2018 at 6:48 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

The easiest way to clear gacha resale from a Marketplace search result is to set the permissions you want to see listed to "Copy."

Provided all the gacha resellers remember to mark their listings as no copy that is. Some of them can be a bit forgetful when it comes to getting all those little details right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, JaydeGiovanni said:

That's why "real" merchants want Gatcha to have their own category. However it's been made clear From LL that their architecture can't handle making one. These flea market Gatcha resellers who can't provide any customer service, product support, updates, enhancements, or redelivery flood the market across all categories. As suggested above, change your search parameters to see Copy to remove *most* of the gatcha mess. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, ChinRey said:

Provided all the gacha resellers remember to mark their listings as no copy that is. Some of them can be a bit forgetful when it comes to getting all those little details right.

and using keywords that are store names which are nothing to do with the listing (pet peeve when they use my store name).      But using the Copy option on the left hand side of the screen when you search is a great way to get rid of most of the gacha listings, then search by newest versus relevant.

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 6:48 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Marketplace.. [...]  it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore?

Try the bi-weekly and monthly in-world shopping events rather than out-of-world Marketplace. You can even conveniently browse the web and check out the goodies on the web in advance and then teleport there at your leasure:

http://seraphimsl.com/

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

On 5/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Most of the popular events now days are ONLY "original mesh". So that would be a good starting point. Head over to Seraphim and do some catalog shopping or look up some events in the Destination guide.  Many very good designers offer their items on the Marketplace AFTER events; you just need to find your favorite creators. 

Yeah but yesterday I saw "original mesh" on something ripped from GTA V.

So you know...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.