Altamura Jenny Bento Head

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Altamura is putting out a Jenny Bento mesh head at the Expo Fair (starts tomorrow) and members of the group can get it for 80% off the price.  At this point, I'm guessing it will be Omega compatible and thus 'regular' price will be similar to whatever Altamura''s other bento heads are.  Group join fee is currently only L$50 so total price could be a good deal for breaking into the mesh head world - assuming you like the head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MegaRose said:

So is it a completely new head, or the Altamura Jenny body's head...without the body?

It is just a head and looks very much like the head that came with the Jenny body except that this one is Bento - I don't think the head on the original Jenny body was/is Bento.  Correction, per Lexxi's post below - the head with the full Jenny body is bento.

The demo is out at the store now.  The head is Omega compatible and the HUD does appear to be a full functional HUD.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think the head on the original Jenny body was/is Bento.

It is Bento. I thought I'd better mention that so no-one goes looking for something they already have!

Unless they've lost their head, that is..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

It is Bento. I thought I'd better mention that so no-one goes looking for something they already have!

Unless they've lost their head, that is..

True, but this one can be worn with other bodies (OK the old one can too, but you have to alpha out all but the head)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

I went to check the current price of the Jenny head at the Altamura store (it's not on the Marketplace) and all I can find is a large demo sign which sells the demo for L$1. I don't see any vendors for Jenny in the store at all. Maybe this is an exclusive for the Expo Fair?

Edited by Vanity Fair

4 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

I went to check the current price of the Jenny head at the Altamura store (it's not on the Marketplace) and all I can find is a large demo sign which sells the demo for L$1. I don't see any vendors for Jenny in the store at all. Maybe this is an exclusive for the Expo Fair?

Maybe it is new as standalone head, Jenny was a limited functionality freebie in Women only hunt and was released as fully enabled full body shortly after that hunt.

• Thanks 1

Also the link that Altamura has to the Expo Fair in their group announcement notecard takes you to a completely different part of the sim, it looks like. I tried camming up to where the location of the Expo Fair is supposed to be and there's nothing there!

Edited by Vanity Fair

OK after a bit of camming and flying around I am at what appears to be the Expo Fair sim (it's up in a skybox). It's rather small as events go, only 18 booths!

Here's the SLURL of the Altamura booth at the Expo Fair, hope this works! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Couture Way/171/202/982

They have Passion Glitter nails for Altamura avatars as a L$10 gift.

The Jenny head is regular price L$3,499 and on sale at the fair for Altamura group members for L$700. That's a pretty good deal!

Yeah I just tested the SLURL and it doesn't take you to the fair, it takes you to an Azure Islands rental sign. Something's screwed up and someone should let Altamura or whoever is running the fair know that the teleport addresses they are giving out go to different places on the sim.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Also the link that Altamura has to the Expo Fair in their group announcement notecard takes you to a completely different sim, it looks like.

I tried too and ended up in a grunge residential area with lots of plots for sale. Ask in group and the Fair doesn't open until 10 and there is supposed to be a notice. But sending out the wrong landmark was NOT good. It "may" be up in the air. I didn't check for that :D.

OK. Did some sleuthing. The head is regularly $3500 (well it may be released later for that) so $700 for group. There is a demo available. Venue is up in the air. Tiny venue; not exciting. :D  That's the scoop. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

OK after a bit of camming and flying around I am at what appears to be the Expo Fair sim (it's up in a skybox). It's rather small as events go, only 18 booths!

Here's the SLURL of the Altamura booth at the Expo Fair, hope this works! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Couture Way/171/202/982

The Jenny head is regular price L$3,499 and on sale at the fair for Altamura group members for L$700. That's a pretty good deal!

Yeah I just tested the SLURL and it doesn't take you to the fair, it takes you to an Azure Islands rental sign. Something's screwed up and someone should let Altamura or whoever is running the fair know that the teleport addresses they are giving out go to different places on the sim.

HOHO. We both were sleuthing.

NOT OPEN UNTIL 10. So they have the landing point set to the ground at the moment.

I've also come across an amazingly stupid bug in their Jenny head. The following text and images are from the blogpost I am writing about this deal, which I will post ONLY after they fix the SLURL. Buyer beware!

I did come across one bug with this head. I bought it and set it up to wear with the Altamura Valentina body I had bought earlier at the Skin Fair. The neck seam on the Jenny head was wider than the neck on the Valentina body (see image, at bottom). In order to fix it, you have to click the "OTHER" button on the included Jenny head HUD, and then CLICK AROUND TO FIND THE INVISIBLE BUTTON that removes this seam, located somewhere above the ear button on the bottom!

I've already told the Altamura customer support people just how stupid this design decision is. Here's an actual transcript of my conversation with their rep:

{I deleted this}

Perhaps Altamura will issue an updated HUD with a fix for this incredibly stupid issue. Invisible buttons?!?? I am NOT impressed with this at all.

Neck Problem.png

Edited by Vanity Fair

I don't know the HUDs for neither that body nor that head in question, so no idea how complicated it might be set up.
But if you call THAT mismatch a mere "seam", then I'm ... umm... I'm a fairy prima ballerina or something.

And is there anything in that chatlog ... which is technically still a TOS violation in these forums, even as a screenshot... that should be considered offensive or impolite? Seems you got all relevant info for your concern...

It's the fact that they deliberately HID the buttons to fix the neck mismatch that ticks me off. "Invisible buttons"?!?? That's bull*****. He's basically saying they did it on purpose to avoid having to answer customer questions.

FIne. I'll remove the image of the chat with the CSR.

Edited by Vanity Fair

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Perhaps Altamura will issue an updated HUD with a fix for this incredibly stupid issue. Invisible buttons?!?? I am NOT impressed with this at all.

While I do like the products I agree that support is very iffy and sometime just wrong. And information sent to group is often more confusing that "clicking on invisible buttons". It may just be a non-English thing but  if that is it they really need to get someone bilingual that can write the "tips" as honestly I think for new folks especially they are killers.   

Happily my gals are all set. I even got the Gizelle head for myself (at least I think I did LOL) but haven't used it. I am still in old non-Bento Letluka cause it feels like "me". 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Slightly offtopic, but I went in and checked out these nails because the Valentina at least doesn't do Omega for the nails.

Nails

Maybe my graphics settings are wrong (they were set to high for this) but they're less 'glitter' and more 'tv static.'  I snooped around the event and most of the other $10L gifts gave no preview of what was in them, so I didn't pick up anything else.

If I could get mesh nails rigged for Altamura hands that I can use all my existing Omega appliers on I'd be set.

7 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

The male body Robert doesn't either and one of the reps said this is intended. *boggle*

lol, I asked them where to find the type animation for the mouth, and they pointed me to the voice triggered gesture... that is almost what I wanted, almost support guys, but just almost :/

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.