Just suspended from SL for 7 days

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just suspended from logging in to second life for 7 days for some post I made that violated the LL TOS regarding intollerence, even though I haven't logged in to the forums since my last suspension months ago.

My question, is it possible for me to delete every post  I ever made in order to prevent this from happening again?

Ironically, I can still post in the forums.

• Sad 5

17 answers to this question

The fact that you could get in trouble for something posted months ago is quite unnerving, to say the least.  There needs to be some sort of time limit on how old a post can be for you to still get in trouble for it.  Sure, if someone gets offended and ARs it 3 months later, feel free to delete the post, but nobody should actually get disciplinary action for something that old.  IMO, if a post makes it a full week, then any subsequent reports should simply decide whether or not to delete it and that is all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I was just suspended from logging in to second life for 7 days for some post I made that violated the LL TOS regarding intollerence, even though I haven't logged in to the forums since my last suspension months ago.

My question, is it possible for me to delete every post  I ever made in order to prevent this from happening again?

Ironically, I can still post in the forums.

Strange indeed, your last post visible to me is from january... WB though.

Thank you both for the welcome back.

After my last suspension  I swore  I was through with the forums since the price for violating the TOS is too high.

My current suspension is over on the 16th. My premium account renews on the 17th.

Needless to say, unless  I get some clarification or satisfaction from a Linden Lab rep, I'll be abandoning all my mainland and reverting to basic.

I fear some of the recent forums necromancy dragged attention to some of your old unfortunate posts. Lots of necromancy going on recently dragging up stuff better left burried...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps the suspension type and length is based on the number of existing permanent warning points? I wonder if there is a page that details this. I have 1 permanent warning point.

I was given 2 informal warnings with no consequences, the third time I was banned from posting in the forums for 2 days, the 4th I was banned from posting and logging in to SL for 5 days. There were no permanent points given on any of them.

The page also shows no current restrictions.

This time out of the blue I'm banned from logging in for 7 days, but  I can still post on the forums.

I have over 1000 posts. I guess they are a timebomb waiting for someone to set them off. I learned my lesson after the 4th time when I stopped posting, but obviously i can be punished over and over.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

As long as you still have access to the premium support goodies, why not make use of them and inquire via Live Chat and/or ticket?

Oh  I have already submitted a ticket. Live chat just says we don't have access to that info, submit a ticket.  I'm pretty sure what the result of the support ticket will be. "We investigated your ticket, and yes you did in fact violate the LL tos, so the suspension stands".

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My info when I got my point (and 24hr ban) shows in my profile with details, and you can click it to show more detail. Do you have that in your profile? 

There is 4 reprimands showing, as  i described above, but no restictions are showing current, since I'm not suspended from posting in the forums.

Wow, this is scary. I didn't even know the forum and Second Life itself were linked in that extent and I don't know any other place that punishes people in that way. Also, considering the extent of the bans and comparing it to a) the likelyhood of recieving a ban inworld and b) the extent of violations one has to cause inworld before, each post that might upset someone within the next ten years or so is an unpredictable, unattractive risk, especially if you are an active forum user who has a couple of tousand posts under their belt.

This forum has its fair share of people diggung up the oldest of oldest threads. I once got a very rude message on this forum from a guy who was heavily offended by a comment I made in a thread of his girlfriend(?)...in 2014. At that point the comment and the thread were 3 years old and untouched and sunken to the depths of the forum. And back then, not even the lady in question took offence. (The whole deal was based on my "tone", to be clear. Something that can be very subjective, which made it even more ridicoulus.)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.