Need help with clothes purchased

MRSCANDIREDBONE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If your body is poking though the pants then you need to look at the ALPHA tab on the HUD and click off areas where things are poking through.

If it just doesn't fit, then that is a lesson learned as everything sold as "Maitreya" doesn't necessarily fit. The first lesson of shopping in SL is 

TRY THE DEMO BEFORE YOU BUY.

Also make sure that you are wearing the MAITREYA version of the pants as many designers make versions for different bodies and they are all in one pack.

Beyond that, we need more information :D.  Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

If your body is poking though the pants then you need to look at the ALPHA tab on the HUD and click off areas where things are poking through.

If it just doesn't fit, then that is a lesson learned as everything sold as "Maitreya" doesn't necessarily fit. The first lesson of shopping in SL is 

TRY THE DEMO BEFORE YOU BUY.

Also make sure that you are wearing the MAITREYA version of the pants as many designers make versions for different bodies and they are all in one pack.

Beyond that, we need more information :D.  Good luck. 

im using maitreya laura body with thick shape for both that body and catwa  and wat umean bout certain shapes and body need for it work i never had issue with eyelure before till tried few new products off em 

I often find that the XS version of clothes fits my Maitreya body better than the the one labelled Maitreya.  The reason for this is that the designer has done a very bad job of rigging the clothes to the Maitreya shape - and is probably not using the official developer's kit (because Maitreya are very choosy about who gets it).

The XS size may not be so close to the body, sometimes alphas are not needed at all, but often the pelvis and top of the legs needs to be alpha-ed out.

It is quite normal, even for designers who make otherwise good clothes, to have to alpha out the arm-shoulder area.

• Like 1

I may be wrong here but ... Ive just checked out the item named via the Marketplace, and I'm not seeing Maitreya sizes listed in any of the 9 results that come up as "eyelure tied sweatpants" . The ones including the branded appliers as panties only describe the Sweatpants as being standard sizes, but the shirt as mesh sizes. I think this one you put down to experience and a lesson to learn. always try demo's when it comes to Mesh, and always read descriptions carefully. Doesn't mean it's a wasted purchase though, just try the different sizes on til you find one close, then tweak your shape or use alpha cuts.

4 hours ago, MRSCANDIREDBONE said:

and there is no maitreya pants in pack all it shows is different sizes and applier for panties part 

You wear the pants and use the maitreya hud to hide the parts of your body that poke through.

I doubt few people uses standard sized mesh any more, except if they still use the system body. 

People buy clothes that are fitmesh for the mesh body they have.

As HunniHope said, try on the various sizes you got and find the one which is closest to your size, at the edges of the garment, in this case at the waist. If it doesn't fit properly there, then you will need to adjust your body shape (assuming it is modifiable): right-click your avatar, select "appearance", "edit shape" (or something similar). Adjust your shape settings until you get a reasonable fit at the waist and a couple of inches down, and save the shape. If you still have flesh poking through in places, then open your Maitreya HUD (look for it in your inventory if it is not already on your screen), and click the Alpha tab. Click the regions in the body diagram where you have flesh poking through, and that should fix it. You could also put on a dancing animation, and make further adjustments until it is right.

7 hours ago, MRSCANDIREDBONE said:

im using maitreya laura body with thick shape for both that body and catwa  and wat umean bout certain shapes and body need for it work i never had issue with eyelure before till tried few new products off em 

EDIT: I see from reading other comments that there was likely never a Maitreya mesh garment at all but leaving this as it is an important concept :D. 

Not everyone that labels their products as a certain brand HAS the kit needed to actually make the garment fit correctly. They may guess or they may have a "bootlegged" copy (stolen) or they may just not be that good at making clothes. I have no idea about the brand you mentioned. The comment was a GENERAL one.  Also many brands buy mesh from other makers (or several) and texture it so all garments of the same brand do not fit the same. 

The TRY DEMO rule still applies even if you buy from the same brand over and over :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The TRY DEMO rule still applies even if you buy from the same brand over and over :D.   

I have a simple rule for Mesh clothes:

1) under 100L and from a brand I trust, take a risk if I'm in a hurry.

2) anything over 100L check the demo.

3) if there is no demo, never, ever, buy from that store.

Rule 3 , I would like everyone to do, then the idiots who sell demo-free clothes will go out of business.  So:

PLEASE DO NOT BUY MESH CLOTHES THAT DON'T HAVE A DEMO.

• Like 6

In looking at many of those sweatpants on the MP, I can see where someone fairly new to mesh could go wrong.  While the description does not specifically say that a Maitreya size is included (it says the sizes are XXS - L), it also says "Ad photo above is with Maitreya Lara Mesh Body".

Unfortunately for the OP, this is just more proof that just because a creator claims something will fit a specific body, you still need to demo because it may or may not fit YOUR specific shape of that body.  The only thing that the ad wording means is that if the shape settings of your Lara body exactly match the model's, then the clothes will fit.

If you are not familiar with a creator, definitely demo anything that costs more than you are willing to throw away.  Even if you have bought a few items from a creator that work for you, it still doesn't guarantee that everything from that creator will work. It all depends on whether they create their own templates or buy them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This!

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unfortunately for the OP, this is just more proof that just because a creator claims something will fit a specific body, you still need to demo because it may or may not fit YOUR specific shape of that body.

I was looking for a particular style dress the other day and  tried 10 "Maitreya" demo's.  Out of those 10, which all said they contained a Maitreya fit, TWO actually fitted.

I wouldn't mind clicking the odd alpha cut but not the majority of my body.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

This!

I was looking for a particular style dress the other day and  tried 10 "Maitreya" demo's.  Out of those 10, which all said they contained a Maitreya fit, TWO actually fitted.

I wouldn't mind clicking the odd alpha cut but not the majority of my body.

I posted this last night in another thread - it would have required almost then entire legs, rear, pelvis, and belly be alpha'd out.  I sometimes just shake my head in disbelief.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anna2358 said:

3) if there is no demo, never, ever, buy from that store.

Rule 3 , I would like everyone to do, then the idiots who sell demo-free clothes will go out of business.  So:

PLEASE DO NOT BUY MESH CLOTHES THAT DON'T HAVE A DEMO.

For some reason, jewelry makers have not caught on to the demo idea.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

For some reason, jewelry makers have not caught on to the demo idea.

And this pisses me off to no end.  Primarily because some pieces will end up being extremely high CI.  I've gotten to where I just won't spend very much money on jewelry anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And this pisses me off to no end.  Primarily because some pieces will end up being extremely high CI.  I've gotten to where I just won't spend very much money on jewelry anymore.

So far I have 2 people I am willing to gamble on.  I have a few freebies from MMM and event gifts to know about what to expect.  Still, I am much more likely to wear my old prim bangles than buy something I can't test. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"Ad photo above is with Maitreya Lara Mesh Body".

I have tried loads of clothes that look great if you are standing in a certain pose for a photo (I use a well know off-world Wardrobe product than needs photos of outfits, so I take a lot of photos), but if you walk with any kind of AO, pushes your bum through the skirts/pants.  Posing on a body, ain't the same as wearing it to play in.

When I say 'try the demo', I mean walk run jump etc., in the demo.

25 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

I have tried loads of clothes that look great if you are standing in a certain pose for a photo (I use a well know off-world Wardrobe product than needs photos of outfits, so I take a lot of photos), but if you walk with any kind of AO, pushes your bum through the skirts/pants.  Posing on a body, ain't the same as wearing it to play in.

I made a habit to wear the clothes, look if it holds up to my general idle positions of im AO and then use one of the dance animations, that I have in my inventory, press "play local" (so only I see that I'm dancing) and check if it still looks good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Yeah.  I only mentioned that part of the description because it could easily lead astray anyone that is not real familar with mesh clothing and the issues with it.  I made the same mistakes myself in the beginning.  The clothes fit well and looked great while I was on the pose stand.  As soon as I started walking / flying / dancing, and even standing in various AO poses, all sorts of bits would poke out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.