Broken mesh?

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

as it has happend to me a few times ......had to re-log to correct it

it's not only happening with females :) had it myself quite a few times too, but (knocks on wood) didn't see it again after i changed to the new belleza body, this has a huge lower render number.. perhaps connected with that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not only happening with females :) had it myself quite a few times too, but (knocks on wood) didn't see it again after i changed to the new belleza body, this has a huge lower render number.. perhaps connected with that?

Possibly - I wear the Lara Body from Maitreya and I was curious what the render factor was for just the body. So I just tested if and talking my body off only lowed my complexity 4,814 which I was surprised it was that low. Also sometimes clothes and hair do this also , on those usually a quick right click on them fixes it. 

• Like 1

I have Lara too and the same problem but also with my Lelutka head. It is as you say when I have been out and about and hither an yon.  So apparently an issue. I have had it for a few months so not new.  Firestorm viewer if that might matter.

• Like 1

OK, have you guys n gals stopped to check what server channel you are on when you arrive on a sim and this happens, Main, Le'Tigre RC, Bluesteel RC, Magnum RC, Cake? see if you can find a consistent pattern between you for where and when this happens.

First stage of identifying a problem is when and where and what, all usingthe same viewer? all on the same channel or all leaving the same channel, cross correlate info.

Bug finding is like solving a serial killer case, you compare all the corpses for matching details, no matter how trivial, that fleck of paint at every crime that tells you the make and model of the killers car, the hairs that tell you what exceedingly rare dog they own, then the cross check that shows only 3 people own that kind of dog and drive that kind of car in that colour, and 2 can't be the killer because they have watertight alibis,  so now you can send the SWAT team to the killers house...

Give the "Firestorm Bug Investigators" some forensic data to work with...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

OK, have you guys n gals stopped to check what server channel you are on when you arrive on a sim and this happens, Main, Le'Tigre RC, Bluesteel RC, Magnum RC, Cake? see if you can find a consistent pattern between you for where and when this happens.

First stage of identifying a problem is when and where and what, all usingthe same viewer? all on the same channel or all leaving the same channel, cross correlate info.

Bug finding is like solving a serial killer case, you compare all the corpses for matching details, no matter how trivial, that fleck of paint at every crime that tells you the make and model of the killers car, the hairs that tell you what exceedingly rare dog they own, then the cross check that shows only 3 people own that kind of dog and drive that kind of car in that colour, and 2 can't be the killer because they have watertight alibis,  so now you can send the SWAT team to the killers house...

Not sure how to find the channel but it says I am on as that seems to have disappeared from the help tab in FS but it says

Second Life Server 17.06.12.327066 which appears to be the MAIN channel (this is mainland)

I mostly notice this when I come home from out and about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not sure how to find the channel but it says I am on as that seems to have disappeared from the help tab in FS but it says

Second Life Server 17.06.12.327066 which appears to be the MAIN channel (this is mainland)

I mostly notice this when I come home from out and about.

Can't speak for FS but in most other viewers, when you do 'menu-bar / help / about viewer' the displayed page not only had your machines specs, but also which server on which channel (might be that if on main it omits the channel).

• Like 1

Just now, Klytyna said:

Can't speak for FS but in most other viewers, when you do 'menu-bar / help / about viewer' the displayed page not only had your machines specs, but also which server on which channel (might be that if on main it omits the channel).

Yes, that is where it used to be. Now the server "number" is there but no channel names as it was before.  When I click on the Release Note link below the number it takes me to a page that says MAIN -- hence my assumption that it is the MAIN channel. 

serverchannel.JPG.519085186676e55f3d3a71c2ea0d61fc.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, that is where it used to be. Now the server "number" is there but no channel names as it was before.  When I click on the Release Note link below the number it takes me to a page that says MAIN -- hence my assumption that it is the MAIN channel. 

serverchannel.JPG.519085186676e55f3d3a71c2ea0d61fc.JPG

"Second Life Server" is the channel name of the main channel. The RC channels (i.e. Magnum, etc.) still say those names in the description.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Excellent idea! I'm in no way a coder, or anything like that, so I don't think of things like this, so thank you! 

I don't use a mesh body myself but other peoples' mesh bodies look broken, as in the picture - also with textures flashing between transparent, bright colours and black.  I use the normal LL viewer.  This has only started in the last week or two.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

also with textures flashing between transparent, bright colours and black.  I use the normal LL viewer.

It's the same with all viewers, not just the LL one, and it's a completely different bug. I'm not sure exactly what causes it but it seems to have something to do with the render engine having problem handling alphas on fitted mesh when your gpu is hard pushed and it's possible it's an AMD issue only. Switching ALM on usually helps but if you're desperate enough, try to turn hardware skinning off.

• Like 1

On 20/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's a pretty old bug.

See this issue & the linked issues: BUG-7239 -  Starter avatars deformed or missing alpha under some conditions / graphics cards / LOD

There's been a few fix attempts & they have helped but it's not 100% fixed yet.

Oh, I always thought it was my graphic adapter/driver - glad I am not alone. I found two wayw restoring the failed LOD, either refresh textures on body or TP to another sim. If the later does not help, only a relog helps.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

I don't use a mesh body myself but other peoples' mesh bodies look broken, as in the picture - also with textures flashing between transparent, bright colours and black.  I use the normal LL viewer.  This has only started in the last week or two.  

Do you have Intel graphics with an outdated graphics driver?
Possibly it's this bug: BUG-10819 - [Intel HD Graphics 500 series] Screen flashes with certain graphics settings when any worn rigged mesh is in view textured with a diffuse texture set to alpha blending mode.

Updating your graphics driver will fix this one.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 8:49 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's a pretty old bug.

See this issue & the linked issues: BUG-7239 -  Starter avatars deformed or missing alpha under some conditions / graphics cards / LOD

There's been a few fix attempts & they have helped but it's not 100% fixed yet.

Well something very similar happens with the Maitreya body and the Lelutka head, both pretty well used *wink* so I am thinking there is something else going on.  Oddly I am pretty sure (and I will check the next time this happens) but for me Chic sees herself as missing parts in sort of a cracking up mode but her alt sees her as normal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well something very similar happens with the Maitreya body and the Lelutka head, both pretty well used *wink* so I am thinking there is something else going on.  Oddly I am pretty sure (and I will check the next time this happens) but for me Chic sees herself as missing parts in sort of a cracking up mode but her alt sees her as normal. 

Whats an "alt"? :ph34r:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Whats an "alt"? :ph34r:

Too philosophical a question for a complete reply :D , but THIS case it is an avatar that I made for a blogger challenge long ago. Her name is Lani and she uploads my test mesh on the beta grid. She really has no "life" LOL.  But running two viewers at the same time, the broken mesh only shows up in the viewer that has the avatar WITH the broken mesh. The other avatar on the same machine sees everything as fine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yeah it can affect any mesh.
It's a local problem so it's expected that the alts won't see the problem, or one observer may see the problem & you don't.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.