A new and improved forum?

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure what magic happened when they opened the new forum, but I am amazed by how different things feel now. The forum was an angry, intimidating place before, but now I really enjoy it here! It's so cool to be getting to know people that I've been interacting with for years! I used to post things and hold my breath for the crappy comments, or the complete lack of response, lol! You guys are amazing! Thank you for being who you are!! :D

• Like 15

Yes, it does seem lighthearted compared to the old forum and positively angelic compared to the old old forum. Anyone brave enough to post back in 2007 had to have rhinoceros skin to withstand the onslaught of poison darts. It was vicious and truly unpleasant, though I have to admit it was lively. We, of course, had our resident tin hats, ranging from snarky teenagers through militant feminists to raging psychotics, yet we also had our sages and humorists. I miss the razor-sharp minds from those days and the brilliant artistic flourishes. Whole threads evolved into glass bead games of the highest caliber. Most of the time, though, it was name-calling and eye-gouging. Maybe I'm getting old, but I kinda like the mellow nature of this new forum.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Deltango Vale said:

Yes, it does seem lighthearted compared to the old forum and positively angelic compared to the old old forum. Anyone brave enough to post back in 2007 had to have rhinoceros skin to withstand the onslaught of poison darts. It was vicious and truly unpleasant, though I have to admit it was lively. We, of course, had our resident tin hats, ranging from snarky teenagers through militant feminists to raging psychotics, yet we also had our sages and humorists. I miss the razor-sharp minds from those days and the brilliant artistic flourishes. Whole threads evolved into glass bead games of the highest caliber. Most of the time, though, it was name-calling and eye-gouging. Maybe I'm getting old, but I kinda like the mellow nature of this new forum.

A lot of stuff sure must have went over my head back then..heck I was way younger then though also..

I guess maybe it was so long ago that I only remember a lot of the good things and buried many of the bad..hehehehe

Once in awhile I like to read the archives though for them..It's so wild the things going on back then and stuff we have now that we were only talking about having back then.:)

I like these forums now too..They are much more active than the last ones it seems..Still lots of people around from all versions,which is really nice too =)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deltango Vale said:

Do you remember the thread about the female avatar who was sitting in the same place for (gosh, how long did she sit there?) People made pilgrimages and left offerings to her. THAT was a classic thread, to me! It was absolutely hysterical! I didn't participate in it, but I read every word. There were some great threads, 

• Like 4

oh one of the best was The, making up the sim names for black list thread..

This girl wanted to make some black list of all these sims for something and then give them to LL so they could change the names or something..I forget what it was,but it was so funny..

Everybody just making up all kinds of sim names that were little sentences rather than names.. Some of those names were just hilarious..hehehehe

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Do you remember the thread about the female avatar who was sitting in the same place for (gosh, how long did she sit there?) People made pilgrimages and left offerings to her. THAT was a classic thread, to me! It was absolutely hysterical! I didn't participate in it, but I read every word. There were some great threads, 

Thank you! I'd forgotten all about that one and you're right, it was hilarious. I even made a pilgrimage myself :-). "Our Lady of....what???". Someone will remember. I think she either spawned one of Janelle Darkstone & Marigold Devin's hysterically funny picture threads or maybe they were just around the same time. Remember those? The little Girl Guide selling cookies, and the zombie? Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This girl wanted to make some black list of all these sims for something and then give them to LL so they could change the names or something..I forget what it was,but it was so funny..

Everybody just making up all kinds of sim names that were little sentences rather than names.. Some of those names were just hilarious..hehehehe

I actually have that thread bookmarked. Here you go. It was so damn funny it was worth keeping ;) 

The OP wanted lists of high-traffic regions where traffic was being gamed. So they inevitably got lists such as -

Discuss
Asmuch
Aspossible

- which they fell for. And thus it went on:

Unbelievably
Idontthinkshe
Getsit

Quixote
Cervantes
Sanchopanza
Windmillsofyourmind

Ilikebig
Buttsand
Ican
Notlie

... they all got added to the list, in all seriousness. And then some. Comedy gold :D

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

THAT was the funniest SL forums thread EVER! :D And I do mean that.

It's still in the archive too. I know that because once in a rare while the URL to it gets posted.

• Like 1

There was a girl, a writer, dear god, what was her name, who wrote erotica in RL and did rather well by it. She was absolutely delightful - always playfully mischievous in her posts. She'd published dozens of books and was quite miffed when 50SG came out and scooped all that cash. I wish I could remember names better. Charming woman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Thank you! I'd forgotten all about that one and you're right, it was hilarious. I even made a pilgrimage myself :-). "Our Lady of....what???". Someone will remember. I think she either spawned one of Janelle Darkstone & Marigold Devin's hysterically funny picture threads or maybe they were just around the same time. Remember those? The little Girl Guide selling cookies, and the zombie? Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Our Lady of Perpetual Silence...

One of Janelle's creations...

And one of yours...

I'd added myself into a few of Janelle's scenes, but none of those images survived the forum transition.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Thank you for the Janelle clips, Maddy :-). And while the "Twice" thread was something else entirely, we all had an absolute blast doing it. And we did some bonding, too. As one of our mutual friends put it, "We all fell in love with each other..." doing that one.

We did, which reminds me of another of your creations...

You do good work, Dil.

• Like 2

I haven't found it yet, but the Church thread was fun.

ETA: I think it's too old, the earliest post I can find of mine is from nine months after the church thread.

ETA2: Yep, nothing exists for me prior to Aug 2011, and my previous self is completely gone.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Our Lady of Perpetual Silence...

One of Janelle's creations...

And one of yours...

I'd added myself into a few of Janelle's scenes, but none of those images survived the forum transition.

THANK YOU!!!!  Good stuff!!!! I, also, made it into one of Janelles "comic strips" as a detective, It stemmed from someone being stuck in a log if I'm remembering correctly. I believe it was her last one because someone got their panties in a wad over something. No offense to whoever had the wadded panties, I can't even remember who, or why. I had it saved on my old laptop, but lost it when I got the blue screen of death, I also remember mine and Phils first real interaction, it was regarding a certain curmudgeon who used to frequent the forums (where IS he, anyway?) There seems to be a lack of "Pep", if you get my meaning!! lol! ETA; I did recently see a comment from a "newbie" avatar that had an old "joined" date that had me wondering.

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

THANK YOU!!!!  Good stuff!!!! I, also, made it into one of Janelles "comic strips" as a detective, It stemmed from someone being stuck in a log if I'm remembering correctly. I believe it was her last one because someone got their panties in a wad over something. No offense to whoever had the wadded panties, I can't even remember who, or why. I had it saved on my old laptop, but lost it when I got the blue screen of death, I also remember mine and Phils first real interaction, it was regarding a certain curmudgeon who used to frequent the forums (where IS he, anyway?) There seems to be a lack of "Pep", if you get my meaning!! lol! 

We did have a lot of fun then, but we're also having a lot of fun now. So I'll come back around to your starting post and thank everybody who's here today for distracting me so much that I had to mow my lawn in the dark tonight.

...hugs everybody all up.

• Like 4

I so liked doing the Bliss thread, and the way people responded just re-enforced that. So thank you for mentioning it; I just read it through start-to-finish (I've looked at it now and then over the years and I always wind up doing just that: front to back). Since Quinn added her blog post about the surprise birthday party which I was told was gonna be the Cast Party for the "Twice" thread—you're all a buncha creeps!—I do have a favorite picture from that. Dancing with the (almost) naked lady that burst from the birthday cake and who is wearing a Minnie Mouse hat that I gave her to make her an honorary member of the boomer generation. The pic is one of yours, from your flickr :-).

Dillon and I High Five

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I so liked doing the Bliss thread, and the way people responded just re-enforced that. So thank you for mentioning it; I just read it through start-to-finish (I've looked at it now and then over the years and I always wind up doing just that: front to back). Since Quinn added her blog post about the surprise birthday party which I was told was gonna be the Cast Party for the "Twice" thread—you're all a buncha creeps!—I do have a favorite picture from that. Dancing with the (almost) naked lady that burst from the birthday cake and who is wearing a Minnie Mouse hat that I gave her to make her an honorary member of the boomer generation. The pic is one of yours, from your flickr :-).

Dillon and I High Five

We were so young then.

;-).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deltango Vale said:

- I miss the razor-sharp minds from those days and the brilliant artistic flourishes. Whole threads evolved into glass bead games of the highest caliber.....   .....Maybe I'm getting old, but I kinda like the mellow nature of this new forum.

Why can't we have both?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

THAT was the funniest SL forums thread EVER! :D And I do mean that.

It's still in the archive too. I know that because once in a rare while the URL to it gets posted.

I almost fell out of my chair when I gave my names to her,because  I think I was the only one she didn't believe,on my first try..hehehehe

• Like 1

She didn't believe you, Ceka? And she didn't add your 'finds' to the list?

I remember someone (it might even have been me) hinting to her in the thread that all is not as it seems, and she came back confidently stating that knew exactly what people were doing. She didn't know, and she kept on adding the 'finds'.

I'm afraid to say that it was me who killed it. I started to feel sorry for her after a while, even though I'd been a full part of it, and I had her in my store, where I explained it all to her. She was totally surprised. She had no idea at all what was happening. I never regretted telling her. I don't remember if she ever knew that I was a big culprit in the very thing she was trying to stamp out - traffic bots. I certainly didn't tell her :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.