How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

12 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Happy Cinco De Mayo !!!!!

The Battle of Puebla took place on 5 May, Cinco de Mayo 1862, near Puebla de Los Angeles, French troops repeatedly failed to storm the forts of Loreto and Guadalupe situated on top of the hills overlooking the city of Puebla, and eventually retreated in order to await reinforcements. The Mexican victory at Puebla against a better equipped force provided patriotic inspiration to the Mexicans. And should inspire all who stand against tyranny.

The anniversary of the victory is primarily celebrated in the Mexican state of Puebla where the holiday is celebrated as El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla). There is some limited recognition of the holiday in other parts of Mexico. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a holiday celebration of Mexican heritage. Most Americans who celebrate have no idea of the real history.

• Like 5

MEOW

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/52875323320/in/dateposted-public/

Something different from me for a change. Still my avatar but in a fancy new shape. This Fantasy Faire was not healthy on my budget but I just couldn't resist grabbing way too much - and then further going and picking up an entirely new Avatar.

... Bonus Points for those that can tell me which semi-famous cat this was inspired by.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 27