How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Study of the Baroness in Mourning (1920)
Conte Crayon on Vellum Bristol

She looks much nicer in this version than in the oils I'm currently working on.

(Just messing about with Photoshop!)

There is something I find quite moving in the monochrome effects.  I really like "filling in the blanks" myself as to what colors may have been in the original and what the mood may have been.  Sepia, black and white or just muted tones are just lovely and let me make some of the artistic conclusions myself.  It is also why I prefer books over television.

Many times I am way off from the intent of the artist, but we all can bring our own perspective.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Yeah, it's all about context really. I had a prop doll I was on a sky platform with in a sandbox and I found I could rez a whole load of copies, turn them to physical, and they all fell off the sky platform onto the ground. Divil of a job clearing them up I can tell you. Meanwhile I teleported Ayeleeon in for a chat and to look at his beautiful eyes. 

This one would have been even more "what the hell".

nice eyes.jpg

Thanks Marigold... :D
   And all I gotta say is...
"I'm so excited,
and I just can't hide it...
I'm about to loose control,
and I think I like it..." :)

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Baroness-in-Mourning-(Conte)-(SM)-Forum.thumb.png.023ddde9d6aa9d650151db499a6d17f1.png

😱
   Like... WOW...
   😱

<Immediately goes to make this picture my desktop wallpaper for the day so my housemates can see it too and be amazed my your work.>

Peace...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Baroness-in-Mourning-(Conte)-(SM)-Forum.thumb.png.023ddde9d6aa9d650151db499a6d17f1.png

Ahh! What range! What amazing range!

You do such an incredible job of "realisitc" SL photography (to the point that the prims and pixels achieve an almost breathable realness in and of themselves) and then hop over to representational images. This is soo great! The texture of the vellum is almost tangible! Sooo neat! Hooray for photoshop!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BranScanlon said:

I've only seen a few of your photos Matt but you have exquisite taste that most men (and by most I mean me) would DIE to have just a sliver of. A really nice slightly moody shot that's got the air of a high class cologne ad perhaps (Mischief, the new fragrance from Matt Night which...if course is the joke) Thanks for this one!

Thank you.  I appreciate it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BranScanlon said:

Ahh! What range! What amazing range!

You do such an incredible job of "realisitc" SL photography (to the point that the prims and pixels achieve an almost breathable realness in and of themselves) and then hop over to representational images. This is soo great! The texture of the vellum is almost tangible! Sooo neat! Hooray for photoshop!

Photoshop is a tool, just like a paintbrush. It's the artist that makes the pic. The tools make the expression possible. I say Hooray to Matt, to you, and everyone else here for creating and sharing their wonderful imagery!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

This pic is raw. I just cropped it slightly. I had to get new hair for this AV, because the alpha textures were causing conflicts. The skin was poking through the dress where the alphas were causing issues. I'm curious what everyone thinks of this new hair. Please comment!!!

Toy new hair cropped.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 15

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's really impossible for you to make a good screenshot isn't it?  LOL. ❤️  Great job!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

I told you what I thought, don't make me repeat it here.

Lol, that wouldn't be appropriate for the forums. Thank you!!! I want to know what others think too!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

This pic is raw. I just cropped it slightly. I had to get new hair for this AV, because the alpha textures were causing conflicts. The skin was poking through the dress where the alphas were causing issues. I'm curious what everyone thinks of this new hair. Please comment!!!

Toy new hair cropped.png

I love the hair! I've been searching for a do like this for a while now and MP is such a butt sometimes :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I love the hair! I've been searching for a do like this for a while now and MP is such a butt sometimes :P

Thanks!!! It's DOUX - Nashaly hairstyle [BLOGGER PACK].

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1