Where are the Guidelines now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't remember, were the community standards and guidelines linked on the old forum pages? I see the ToS is still down there at the bottom, now on the far left.

The standards are still here... https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

And the guidelines are still here... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

I don't think there are new guidelines, but since the moderation here is so strict, everyone needs to know what the rules are*. They should be easy to check (and unambiguous). 

* For example I warned someone tonight that his name and shame post would get yanked if he didn't remove the name. He didn't and it was.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

The guidelines can be found in the Wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines but I agree it would be helpful to have an obvious link here, too.

Why not suggest it in Forum Feedback, too?  

ETA:  I find that Googling "Second Life " plus whatever I want to know about (e.g. Second Life Forum Guidelines) works far better than does the search feature here.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don't think there are new guidelines, but since the moderation here is so strict, everyone needs to know what the rules are*. They should be easy to check (and unambiguous). 

* For example I warned someone tonight that his name and shame post would get yanked if he didn't remove the name. He didn't and it was.

One thing that is new and different and that I applaud is we are seeing Tommy Linden active here.  It no longer feels like shoot first and bury the bodies where no one can find them.

But I am missing the side bar and all it's links that we had with Lithium.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

One thing that is new and different and that I applaud is we are seeing Tommy Linden active here.  It no longer feels like shoot first and bury the bodies where no one can find them.

But I am missing the side bar and all it's links that we had with Lithium.

Yes! I keep thinking something is missing -- the sidebar. 

Kristen may we have a sidebar too? :)

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yes! I keep thinking something is missing -- the sidebar. 

Kristen may we have a sidebar too? :)

I suspect that the InvisionPower software architecture does not allow it.  Just like I suspect that is the reason why this JIRA got closed. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41539  

I can see no other reason for that JIRA to be closed.

Unless Gary Linden simply did not understand the request, which is also very possible.

Edited by Perrie Juran

1 hour ago, Tommy Linden said:

I am not sure what this sidebar is that you all are requesting?

However in regards to the Guidelines, I hear what you all are saying, let me see what I can do about making it more visible. Give me a little time.

@Tommy Linden

Here is an image of the old side bar. Not great but best I could find.  Note the additional links at the bottom.  Also there were links for "most recent posts," "most recent threads,"  "most recent questions,"6tL2Gfb.jpg etc. Was very convenient.

• Like 1

I'd also like to see if anything more will be done to police threads which are clear violation under community guidelines. There are numerous sub forums in here that are being cannibalized by those who aren't interested in community, rules, having open discussion etc. I am sure others may chime in with their own observations but look at the photography forum? Multiple violations of people just advertising publications and businesses.

If I am a new user to this forum and go in there, it would be my perception that it is OK to self advertise. If its not as guidelines suggest—why is it so? (see what I mean)

• Like 2

• Administrators

We are listening to all the feedback and everything that we are receiving, changes and improvements are being made where appropriate. We might not get all that we ask for, but at the very least, we are listening.

• Like 1

@Tommy Linden

In the Community Participation Guidelines, in the 'Report inappropriate content for a moderator review' section, a 'Report inappropriate Content' link is referred to, but that link was in the previous software. It's not in this one. In this software the link is 'Report post'. The wording in the guidelines could do with correcting.

• Like 1

I don't understand, Bobbie. There's a 'Report post' link in every post. It's light grey until your cursor is over the post, when it becomes black. It's situated next to the 'Posted <date/time stuff>' statement in each post. If that's not what you mean, I don't understand what you mean.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.