Where are the Guidelines now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

I have posted the Participation Guidelines and Community Standards in their current form, you can locate them here:

I am confused. I found these pinned at the top of the GD forum but where are they visible in other forums? Before, the link was in the top header of the forum so no matter where you were, you could see it. Also I think they might have been in the sidebar, which was so handy for navigation. Am I missing something?

I suspect that their current location is a temporary measure while a better location is worked out. The lack of clear ability to reach them was pointed out the other day, and I think that they were rushed into their current location as a stop-gap. They do need to be clearly available from the whole forum, and really from the whole Community Centre, since they apply to all of the Community section. The generic page footer would be good but it's for the whole of the SL website, and not specific to the Community section, but I'm sure they'll find a suitable spot for them.

Edited by Phil Deakins

@Phil Deakins You've reminded me of this great thread started by Void Singer:

I'm not bumping it now because of it's age and some links have probably changed.

@Tommy Linden  The type of information in Void's thread is the type of information that should be clearly visible and accessible. Page three had the last updates before Void was run out of the Forum.  Some of the Links probably need updated.  But as I said, this kind of information should be clearly visible.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 5:07 PM, Tommy Linden said:

We are listening to all the feedback and everything that we are receiving, changes and improvements are being made where appropriate. We might not get all that we ask for, but at the very least, we are listening.

Thanks for that. It is so great to see Lindens openly participating and responding on the forums again. Admittedly, it has been years since I really participated on the official forums. But it is great to be back and see posts like yours.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.