Where is the cafe?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Actors? You mean that picture was staged?

I found the bistro decorations on the sl marketplace but it didn't lead me to the establishment in question.

Of course it was staged with actors... Those cafe people are wearing avatars LESS than 5 years old, with mesh... Obviously outside contractors hired in to do what Linden clan members cannot...

Probably shot on a sound stage opensim in Toronto, where costs are cheaper...

/me walks away whistling innocently

Edited by Klytyna

No offense meant by any means (cripes, I am getting old! D:) but the photo's pretty generic. It would be pretty easy to make a coffeehouse like that inworld (ofc getting people to actually go to it is another kettle of fish...)

Edited by Han Held

On 3/29/2017 at 11:11 AM, Phil Deakins said:

If you mean the Red Rose Cafe, it's by the port just outside Amsterdam.

Where is this? I flew around Amstertdam and Amsterdam 2 and didn't see it. 

On 3/31/2017 at 1:46 PM, Han Held said:

No offense meant by any means (cripes, I am getting old! D:) but the photo's pretty generic. It would be pretty easy to make a coffeehouse like that inworld (ofc getting people to actually go to it is another kettle of fish...)

Not really looking to make anything like it. I was just curious if it was in world. Found a lot of empty coffee houses along the way. 

• Like 1

hehe. It's not in SL, Bree. It's actually by the port just outside Amsterdam. It does exist in RL, although it's not called the Red Rose Cafe. I learned about it from a song that I particularly like, that was written about it by the same chap who wrote the Smurf's song. I had recently watched the André Rieu orchestra playing it, so it immediately sprang to mind when you asked the question. If you do an RL search for 'red rose cafe lyrics' you'll see what I mean. Sorry to have misled you :(

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

The woman out front with the odd expression... holding the cup ...apparently not the first cup she consumed that day.

I'm pretty sure that expression says "I'm gonna bite into his shoulder until I hit blood, and then I'm gonna grab his coffee."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm pretty sure that expression says "I'm gonna bite into his shoulder until I hit blood, and then I'm gonna grab his coffee."

Damn Spamlines RP huds... Somebody give that boy a garlic necklace...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

You what? @Phil Deakins

That's ok. I'm not sure I want to find it now. Too full of models who aren't allowed to drink the coffee and some might be vampires.

Might be vampires? Why do you think that they say "vee do not drink... vine... or zer coffee", and spend the day hiding from the sun under big umbrellas?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.