Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Thank you all so much! Despite a small hiccup (hubby would not believe me when I said our dogs would tear up sod) today has been fabulous!

I log in to find this waiting for me at home:

birthday.jpg.7767cf68c6c00354442ff5020d629add.jpg

I click it and it poofs! and magically lindens are added to my account. (I know it's just a simple script for some but to me it's magic) I just had to share cause it was that cool! The hard part is going to be deciding what to spend it on.

Thank you, Rhonda! "more than I should and less than I want"

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 5

For months, literally, I've been trying to remember the name of a "Country" dance place in SL circa 10 years ago-ish.  IIRC it was the biggest on the grid at the time. It was on a sky platform, you landed next to an old wagon in the yard.  The main dance area had 3 walls and a roof, but no wall by the front porch. They had their own line of Westernwear. They were SO well known at the time  but recently  I haven't been able to speak with anyone who remembers more than I do.  

I got a few ppl saying "Oh yeah, THAT place! WTH was the name of it?" 

Today it came to me kinda out of the blue. :D

Anyone remember Bailey's??

(I bet Lil does)

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

If you try the LM, wear a parachute!

When I came back after a few years' break, it was like a game going through my landmarks and seeing what happened on the other end.

At first, anyway.  It got kind of sad but that just made the hits so much better.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

It sure doesn't show in search.  If you try the LM, wear a parachute!  (and if you'd be willing to drop the LM on me I'd love to have it for nostalgia purposes)

And THANK YOU for remembering!

I'll check for the LM when I log in.  If I do still have it, I will send it to you. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

I sell parachutes. 

You should actually do that here. Get one of the freebie parachutes and alter the script so that it randomly fails.

My favorite SL possession is Pandora Wrigglesworth's "Crash Into The Ground" animation, which rezzes your body's outline on the ground when you hit, then poofs a big dust cloud and animates you climbing up out of the hole. I have parachutes too, but they're not as much fun.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Sounds like fun , I wonder if it is still available.  I'm in no position to check ATM but I can search MP soon-ish. 

It's still available. She's got a mushroom cloud version now, too.

Pandora's in-world Curio Obscura store is my all-time favorite SL shop.

• Like 2

I think I went to Baileys precisely once, and that was because they had some free boots at the landing point. Country ain't my thing, but I remember it looked like a great build.

Curio Obscura, however, is my thing. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money there over the years. I recall feeding L$100 into the fur coat gacha over and over so that I could create Candy Fabuloso :D (I think the hot pink zebra stripe one was my favourite, but Candy was a little more... sedate than that.)

fabuloso01.jpg

Another place I've always loved is Grim Bros. Cutea Benelli made some amazing stuff.

• Like 3

I'm just glad you remember Bailey's.  It was a respectable build for the day but nothing earth-shattering IMO.

Yeah, I dig Grim Bros too.  It was always a bit of a workout camming around in the store. Maybe second only to BareRose Tokyo in that respect. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop