Restoring abandoned mainland.

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Maybe, but if so, it’s too late: Although on Sept.13th @Alexa Linden ticked that JIRA request from awaiting to accepted, meanwhile one of the hitherto abandoned parcels was sold to BanlinesLover Resident (not their actual account name…) so that on Sept.16th a prim forest (named "Object"…) was rezzed at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nangrim/86/234/73 … Sad faces all around. 😞

Nagrim-58-233-73.png

Hey! Can you give me the SURL in world to the place? I don't know if this is bad form, but I'll see if I can offer them a tasty parcel as an exchange... I just got a few really good ones. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

Can you give me the SURL in world to the place?

It's the same I wrote before: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nangrim/86/234/73

The person who bought it was surprised to know that there was a pending («accepted») proposal to transfom it into Protected Land. She bought it for esthetic reasons and would accept a land swap.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
typo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

It's the same I wrote before: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nangrim/86/234/73

The person who bought it was surprised to know that there was a pending («accepted») proposal to transfom it into Protected Land. She bought it for esthetic reasons and would accept a land swap.

Sorry - I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Which parcel is it? Hit me up in world - I'm Feorie Frimon. I just want to make sure I have a parcel the right size to offer them. 

Screenshot

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

who do I give the land back to

I suppose you'd abandon it, although it's unfair if you spent money getting it. 😕 Of course this time it should stay abandoned and nobody in LL should sell it again, not after @Alexa Linden accepted the suggestion it should be transformed into Protected Land.

I'm now going through the history of Nangrim parcels, as much as it can be gleamed from http://gridsurvey.com/display.php?id=5609, to see if what I saw in Aug.31st was anything like what @ChinRey and @Conifer Dada saw back on Jan. 22nd 2017. It would be a bummer to have this sitting still, ready to have the road added, for 4 years and then lose the chance to do it in 3 weeks…

Edited by 4lice Cerise
+Conifer Dada
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope it is okay to reopen this thread with an associated topic that depending on the answer could help restore mainland a little. My question is do LL action tickets to sell abandoned land to any premium account i.e. is the requirement to own in the same region no longer in force, or was it a myth?

I ask as yesterday having won an auction plot I noticed one of the land team setting a plot for sale to a land dealer and on checking the same region I could not see any plots owned by the buyer. If the answer is yes then I, and others could potentially buy abandoned land anywhere and put it to productive use.

• Like 1

If I recall the chronology correctly, way, way back you had to have land on three sides of the abandoned land to even ask. Then there was a time when all freshly abandoned land got a brief grace period for reclaiming then got set automatically for sale. Then that practice ended and there was a blog post or something saying that the rules for requesting abandoned land were being relaxed so anybody with land in the region could request it, first come, first served, but in practice there was always a carve-out for double-prim and Adult and maybe protected waterfront, etc.

And then somewhere along the line it got weird.

So I think it's worth asking, any time you find abandoned land that looks appealing. Worst case, they'll say no.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If I recall the chronology correctly, way, way back you had to have land on three sides of the abandoned land to even ask. Then there was a time when all freshly abandoned land got a brief grace period for reclaiming then got set automatically for sale. Then that practice ended and there was a blog post or something saying that the rules for requesting abandoned land were being relaxed so anybody with land in the region could request it, first come, first served, but in practice there was always a carve-out for double-prim and Adult and maybe protected waterfront, etc.

And then somewhere along the line it got weird.

So I think it's worth asking, any time you find abandoned land that looks appealing. Worst case, they'll say no.

Thanks for the reply and historic background. I'll give your good advice a try and report back!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

I've submitted my first ticket to request an abandoned plot in a region I do not own land so we will see in a few days if restoration via support tickets is an option.

Making good use of my favourite gadget the wonderful Land Survey tool which lists parcels, owners and size. Highly recommended.

I remember you recommending that tool a while back, and bought it recently. It's already come in handy for me when I was looking for a parcel that was up for private auction in Bay City (at an event, so not listed on the auction page). It worked great!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, 4lice Cerise said:

Meanwhile there was (again?) an unbroken string of andandoned parcels (marked in purple on the "before" map below) going from Nangrim to Sokri, and a feature request to LL was created: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231165 — go take a look, maybe?

I just noticed that this missing bit of the Jeogeot shortcut road was meanwhile created, even though the JIRA request was not edited recently.  Thank you, @Derrick Linden (the JIRA assignee) and @Garden Mole (who rezzed the road) — now lets put this new stretch of road to good use!

Nangrim-Sokri_002.png.fac852fa29db1b70ee6845356312f069.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Talking about buying up abandoned land. Last week I travelled every inch of the Atoll (Heterocera) continent looking for abandoned land that I could claim/buy. The only criteria that I was following was the land that I find must be partly protected if not fully protected. I actually found loads of land next to roads and railways some of the land was huge parcels some of it was small weird sized parcels. My plan is to claim this land. Split into 1024sqm parcels and make it available for non premium members to rent. Rather than live in a Linden home they have a choice to settle on the mainland.

• Like 5

Heterocera is a lovely continent. Take note that some regions there are more laggy than others due in part to amusement parks or other factors. I think a water view and road access or water access alone would be preferable to most people over railway access alone. A nearly square or rectangular shape is also preferable to a triangular or other odd shape, as such would fit most houses and skyboxes easier.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Where possible I think they should turn abandon land into lakes and ponds, connecting to the oceans where possible.  This would improve the value of the surrounding land, and removing excess land from circulation would improve the value of everyone's land.  Parkland would be a good choice when it is not feasible to convert it to a lake or river.

• Like 6

There is a new beach with a rez zone and a linden road here in Arguilleriers (Satori). Several parcels have been set for auction along the road. The regions are set to General though, which is not ideal for homes. Would it be possible for LL to change their rating to Moderate if the current land holders were ok with that?

1735085572_Aruilleriersparcelssetforauction-July102022_001.thumb.jpg.faa96a0a8910ee6b2436d6c014e7cbbf.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/10/2022 at 5:08 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

There is a new beach with a rez zone and a linden road here in Arguilleriers (Satori). Several parcels have been set for auction along the road. The regions are set to General though, which is not ideal for homes. Would it be possible for LL to change their rating to Moderate if the current land holders were ok with that?

1735085572_Aruilleriersparcelssetforauction-July102022_001.thumb.jpg.faa96a0a8910ee6b2436d6c014e7cbbf.jpg

All these parcels have been bought. Some are being developed. A least one is being resold for more money. One rental agency also purchased a bunch more land behind their property, so they now own a big strip of land not quite on the coast in Montlaur.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, 4lice Cerise said:

Sad faces all around.

I forgot to follow up about this here. Months later, the sought remaining segment of The Sortcut was created by LL and has become not only a much used thoughfare (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nangrim/200/138) but also the adjoining parcels seem to have become way more dynamic than before.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.