Bored

Sonya Pegasi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sonya Pegasi wrote:

I don't really have many friends on SL.. I've checked events so on and so fourth. People don't really talk to ya much. Just wondering. Wheres a good place to make new friends?

You can always go to one of the dance clubs like Ambrosia Dance Club or Dance Island. They have music 24 hours a day and you can usually find some nice people there to chat with. :)

Sonya Pegasi wrote:

I don't really have many friends on SL.. I've checked events so on and so fourth. People don't really talk to ya much. Just wondering. Wheres a good place to make new friends?

Hi Sonya!  Let me see if I can chase the bored away!  LOL!  Try going to the The Forum Cartel Hangout.  Here is the link to the map!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/226/29/28/?title=The+Forum+Cartel+Hangout&img=http%3A%2F%2Fcommon-flash-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com%2F%2Fnew%2Fdestinations%2Fen%2F_img%2Fmidsize%2F5339.jpg&msg=Chat+and+make+friends+at+The+Forum+Cartel+Hangout%2C+one+of+the+longest+running+communities+in+Second+Life.+In+addition+to+the+pub%2C+you%27ll+find+a+nearby+sandbox%2C+photo+studio+and+freebies.

The place is friendly and now that they have made the destinations guide, the traffic is up.  So you should find someone there!

Another place you could try is my spaceport at Lagrange Point!  Lots of friendly people there.  Here is the SLURL.  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/128/160

Have fun and try not to be bored!

Peace!

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Sonya Pegasi wrote:

You can always go to one of the dance clubs like Amborsia or Dance Island. They have music 24 hours a day and you can usually find some nice people there to chat with.
:)

I think Keli meant to say 'Ambrosia Dance Club'.  You will find it in search.  I DJ there and it is open 24/7.

P.S.  Keli, please correct me if I am wrong.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Sonya Pegasi wrote:

You can always go to one of the dance clubs like Amborsia or Dance Island. They have music 24 hours a day and you can usually find some nice people there to chat with.
:)

I think Keli meant to say 'Ambrosia Dance Club'.  You will find it in search.  I DJ there and it is open 24/7.

P.S.  Keli, please correct me if I am wrong.

Have you looked up what Amborsia means the way she spelt it? Maybe she was getting hungry? It is close to lunch time. But I am sure you are right Venus she loves that club and dancing she must have just misspelled it. :smileysurprised:

Hi Sonya and welcome.

I'll add this to the good responses you've had so far.  It might sound a bit odd to say, but it depends what sort of friends you want to make in sl....  you see, some people are here to roleplay only and be completely real life (rl) anonymous (but make friends with those they roleplay with regularly) and others are here to be mostly their rl self looking for an extension of rl in sl; a social life expansion, as it were.

Most are perhaps somewhere between those two as their main avatar (avi) and you can always make a second/third etc avi (called an alt) if you want to do anonymous roleplay later.

Think about that one and then, where to go to meet people, might be found in search from your interests.  Discussion groups, on a particular subject, are a quick way to make friends.

How can we help you if we don't know what you like?

Most people may enjoy a club with loud modern music and half naked people, I would not know how to run away fast enough.

Some people like doing naughty stuff, others prefer discussing early medieval social etiquette in North Western Europe.

So, what do YOU like?

What are YOU looking for?

When I came to SL I only looked around to test the abilities of my new computer.

I HATED what I saw around me, I don't care about shopping, I hate contemporary music, I couldn't care less for chatting with strangers, I'm disgusted with the nudity and kinky stuff, etc, etc.

BUT... then I tried the search engine with subjects I love, I enjoy, I am interested in.

Within minutes I was chatting about the 1930s while listening to Al Bowlly in a exciting bohemian pre-WW2 setting.

And I was lost.

So find what YOU are interested in and you will find people who share the passion.

But remember, SL is what YOU make it.

So if you can't find anything you truly love, make it yourself like I did.

You will be suprised about how many people may come and visit your creation.

No  matter how weird, perverted or plain nuts, there are always others who share your interest.

Find like minded individuals, people who share your interest or hobbies.

Anyone can have a lot of Friends in SL but very few people have a lot of Good friends.

Reading a Residents profile can sometimes help you to get an idea of who that person is.

Adding inviting or approachable information in Your Profile can help to attract interest.

Using the Classified's you could host an Event. It does take some time for a Discussion group to get established. Eventually the group could have regularly scheduled meetings with a predictable attendance.

The moment you have everything in place and you're ready to attempt some serious progress on a project; you get 3-5 Instant Messages. It always works like that.

I like to keep my Mini-map open while in SL. When working on projects, I usually cannot see the Resident standing right next to me. For one, it's rude to ignore people and two, it can be startling when you do finally see them. Using the Mini-map helps to prevent this. I hide all names and tag displays to improve performance. 

My best advice would be to pursue your own dreams and the rest will follow.

Hello sonya, here is prolly someone older than yo both lifes and so much more bored than you whatever I keep using sl,cause it's my passtime. I know sometimes finding a good chat is not easy, because you first need to know people who see the world and sl as you do and only if you share a common view of things then a good chat and a good friendship can strt as always.

What do I do when I am bored? well sometimes I just sit and look at the in world avatars looking if I see cool ones with clothes or nice things to see, so I try to build what i see in world.

Another way to get out from the boredroom is to Roleplay, second life has many places where you can do that and many themes about rleplaying. Anyway, if you start Roleplaying, it's always a good thing to write a few notes about how you mean it. For istance I don't like to mix Real life with Secondlife for some second life is a social network chat where to talk about real world and maybe find real loves, to me in Role play and in "out of character game mode" second life stands only a mmorpg and a chat for friends. I prefer other ways and cchats to get a date ( my personal way ), so having a clear profile will save you from any misunderstanding about the way you want to live second life in role play and also out of it.

you may want to dance it's fun too enter in some social networks about dancing and events and you may start earning a few linden dollars, for istance start as dancer.When they see that you are good and affidable you may get more responsibility roles and earn more.

You can do shopping and for that you don't need to have money. Yes you can customize your avatar spending much, but if you look well in world o if you hit google and loook for second life hunts you may have a lot of fun finding clothes and other free stuff.

If you like you can learn to fight, there are places where to do it and if no one wants to teach you, hit on me call me and evenif I am the outcast fighter of all the times I will be glad to show you a few ot it.

you may want to try Vehicles or  saiing, there are a few  sims where yo may  do it and have fun.

In extremem cases as extreme ratio I tell you what I do but don't emulate me lol I login two avatars and play with themI invent scenes take photos or just rry the scripts or things that I make.

About building there are communities where they teach it, if you don't want to learn it by yourself. I am a self learner and google and wiki are my teachers.

as you can see there is so much to do and many many other things, the important to go out of the boredroom is to have fantasy,invent your fun, i think I gave you a few examples.

Hi, Charolette,

If you open up Search and go the events tab, there is a drop down list for categories like live music, contests and such.  Discussion is one of categories you can pick.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Oo. That sounds interesting. What's a discussion event?

CrystalShard Foo wrote:

Personally, I meet new people by going to discussion events. That way you can be sure to find people who will actually communicate instead of spamming gestures.
:P

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Hi, Charolette,

If you open up Search and go the events tab, there is a drop down list for categories like live music, contests and such.  Discussion is one of categories you can pick.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Oo. That sounds interesting. What's a discussion event?

CrystalShard Foo wrote:

Personally, I meet new people by going to discussion events. That way you can be sure to find people who will actually communicate instead of spamming gestures.
:P

Thanks, Rhonda!

Sonya Pegasi wrote:

the forum of course is a great way :)

I am not as much as i want online but if you want, friend me and see when i am online.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of a newbie again. Even though it's been more than a year since I joined, I take many long breaks from SL due to RL issues. Hence, I didn't get the chance to make friends and the ones that I talked to have forgotten me and are no longer in my friends list. :smileyindifferent:

So, I'd be happy to talk to anyone. Gimme a shout here or in-world! :smileytongue:

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.