The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marianne Little wrote:

Since so many like pink, I kept it but switched hair. This hair is one of the hairs I like most. Dura is so affordable too, only 120 L in a single color. I think that's better than 3-5 almost similar colors for 250 or 350L.

Oh and shoesssssssss. Pump with 6 inch heel from Hucci! I didn't mess with postprosessing - what you see is how nice the feet blends with the legs. I put on a short dress that really show off.

pink_002ed.jpg

Absolutely lovely as always, Marianne.  I am going to get that hair, I love the style, and well the shoes, those I will get as well.  :)  It is a very elegant look.  May I ask who makes the dress?

It's a 10L offer from the Marketplace. Very good if you don't have mesh boobs, bc the applier is broken. But one of the reviews has instructions how to mend it. I just haven't bothered to try. It is very pretty on.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XXDerbyDollzCoutureXXLolly-Pop-Dress-Lola-ApplierBOXED/5308852

Avatar mesh head/eyes/skin LOGO with additional makeup packs
Hair: Dura
Necklace. Maxi Gossamer
Bracelet. League Wanderer in black
Ring: LaGyo.. I think
Hands and high feet: Slink (Not medium feet!)
Gloves with Slink appliers: Adam n'Eve
Shoes: Jacmel Pumps, Hucci!

Marianne Little wrote:

It's a 10L offer from the Marketplace. Very good if you don't have mesh boobs, bc the applier is broken. But one of the reviews has instructions how to mend it. I just haven't bothered to try. It is very pretty on.

Avatar mesh head/eyes/skin LOGO with additional makeup packs

Hair: Dura

Necklace. Maxi Gossamer

Bracelet. League Wanderer in black

Ring: LaGyo.. I think

Hands and high feet: Slink (Not medium feet!)

Gloves with Slink appliers: Adam n'Eve

Shoes: Jacmel Pumps, Hucci!

Thankyou Marianne , I got the dress and I already am in love with Slink feet, wish I had bought them long ago.  I have the medium and flat so far, and I imagine I will get the high ones as well :)  I am tempted to get the hands as well.. I can see my lindens going fast ;)

NealCrz wrote:

Nice shot.  How do you achieve such edge selection in PhotoShop?  I use Refine Edge and play with options but can't get near the clarity on fine details you get.

I just post a raw image, it is easier to show. I just resized it and put it side by side with the edited one. I took it against a white background set to Full Bright so all seams and edges disappear. Took it in 1600 x 2600 pixels BMP.  I used Unsharp mask and Liquify on the shoulder and the armpit. The bracelet was not loaded fully and was a bit square so I made it a bit more round with Liquify too. Softned the hair edges on top with Smudge tool and adjusted levels.

befaftersmall.jpg

Maybe we will see realistic cloth simulation in High Fidelity as Philip's aim appears to be making virtual world very real life like experience.

If not, then High Fidelity is a misnomer.  :smileywink:

(I'm a bit concerned though how the avatars in High Fidelity will look like; remembering the looks of Philip's and Andrew's avatars in Second Life.)
:smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.