The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Marianne, you are always creative, even when you dont want to. :smileyhappy:

@ Raven, thank you sweetie. How ironic life can be... I just deleted all my pictures yesterday. Lol, I guess I'll have to take some other ones and be back here. I've neglected this thread too much. 

I think we all have neglected this thread for far too long, and I look forward to seeing what you post here Val, your pics, no matter whether they are casual or formal, are always wonderful :)

Thank you for kind comments!

I am always overthinking my pictures. And I want an effect sometimes that's not possible in SL... or an image I think about just does not look good enough. Lace in mesh materials is really pretty because it wasn't possible to get the loose effect before, it was only the painted on bodysuit style.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Kylan, Sara, you ladies look incredible on those pictures! So sexy and yet so soft, very gracious! :smileyhappy:

Think it's about time I post some vanity pic again... :smileywink:

mirror.jpg

how did? what the? How did you do that? Thats wikkid cool.

*whispers: photoshop* :D

valerie Inshan wrote:

mirror.jpg

Val that's a really cool shot!  We really would need mirrors in SL.  :matte-motes-smile:

Linden water has reflections already. I wonder what prevents Linden Lab giving us special kind of reflective texture what we could use in mirrors.

Coby Foden wrote:

Val that's a really cool shot!  We really would need mirrors in SL.  :matte-motes-smile:

Linden water has reflections already. I wonder what prevents Linden Lab giving us special kind of reflective texture what we could use in mirrors.

That's a good question Coby. I've been wondering why too. It has been discussed in this thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/Reflections/td-p/1911493

valerie Inshan wrote:

Kylan, Sara, you ladies look incredible on those pictures! So sexy and yet so soft, very gracious! :smileyhappy:

Think it's about time I post some vanity pic again... :smileywink:

mirror.jpg

Thankyou Val, but we pale in comparison to you, this pic is so cool :)  How did you do that reflection in the mirror ? :)

Saraya Starr wrote:

Thankyou Val, but we pale in comparison to you, this pic is so cool
:)
  How did you do that reflection in the mirror ?
:)

Thanks Sara. The trick is not that hard: one shot taken slightly from behind, then turning the camera using the same axis and another shot of me seen from the front. In Photoshop, I use the first shot as the background, the second one as an additional layer, set the transparency to 40%, create a path corresponding to the mirror shape, inverse the selection and delete the rest of the layer. (OK, I twisted it a little bit, lol). Et voilà! :smileyhappy: Dang, I love playing with PS! :D

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

hold_on_tight____and_let_go.jpg

I've been out of SL for three months doing summery things, but I'm starting to have withdrawls, sigh. I'm editing photos to deal with it lol.

I miss you guys!

KO!!!! MISSED YOU!!! Lol, sorry for shouting, I got carried away! :D You look more wonderful than ever! Hugs you, beautiful! :smileyhappy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

KO!!!! MISSED YOU!!! Lol, sorry for shouting, I got carried away!
:D
You look more wonderful than ever! Hugs you, beautiful! :smileyhappy:

Val Val Val! I especially missed you. :heart:

You guys are gonna have to help me get caught up on all the shopping I've missed out on this summer lol. I have a sinking feeling that all the $L I saved by not being inworld these few months will all be spent in about 3 days. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.